Recomp stack help

tlock55

Awards
Age: 21 Height: 6 ft Weight: 210 lbs BF (Calipers): 13% Just came off off of a bulk winter Looking to recomp, lower BF below 10% and maintain at least 200lbs.

Supplements: ON 100% Whey, Creatine, Xtend BCAA's, CLA, Multi, ZMA, Casein before bed,

Diet: 6 meals a day plus nightime casein, approx 250 g protein, 200 g carbs, 80 fat

Training: 5 days a week lifting, mostly compound lifts (Bench, DL, SQT, Clean, Shoulder Press) each day. Morning low intensity cardio 2x a week + HIIT 15-20 min post workout

I'm looking at adding USPLabs Asteroid stack + Recreate to my supplements.

I have 8 weeks until I go home for summer.

Will this stack effect my test production after I take it? Anyone have any better alternatives? Any help would be appreciated before I dish out the 150 bucks on these supplements. Thanks all.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
One thing I definitely think you should try is Need2Slin. It's seriously the strongest nutrient partitioner i've ever used....it's like recomp in a bottle lol

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would do Erase + Alpha-T2 + Anabolic Pump

Multiple angles of great recomp

About $89 on Nutra

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established

About $89 on Nutra

see i used to be a big advocate of anabolic pump, especially for recomping. But after trying need2slin, I can honestly say I wouldn't ever switch back to AP. Put a 2nd vote in for need2slin.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
This thread is really bound to attract all kinds of reps to offer their own stack, which is not a bad thing because u can get links and special deals offered straight to you without really having to shop around too much.

As for what i would recommend and have been exposed to, is the AX Hard FX powerpack, u can get it at a good price over at nutraplanet and ask anything u need to know about it at our forums or the AX section right here on AM.
Consensus is that it's works at its best during recomp and cutting. I plan on running the hard fx alone pretty soon.

Mass FX is good for building and some stack them together for recomp, to have the build from Mass FX with the cutting power of Hard FX.
But from what I've seen the Hard FX powerpack should be more than enough

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-xtreme/hard-fx-power-pack-hard-fx-tst-powercell.html

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
see i used to be a big advocate of anabolic pump, especially for recomping. But after trying need2slin, I can honestly say I wouldn't ever switch back to AP. Put a 2nd vote in for need2slin.
Any GDA product would work for the stack. Slin sane is good as well

The poiint of the stack is to offer a clean fat burning targeted in the midsection with Alpha-T2, while Reducing estrogen and cortisol with Erase, allowing stimulant free pathways to fat loss as well as increasing the users anabolic state.

Combine this with a GDA like anabolic pump and you will be in a very anabolic state the entire day. Great way to lean bulk, or lose fat without losing any muscle

Dose 3 AT2 per day, 3 Erase per day, and 1 Anabolic Pump with each meal and you'll be good to go

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like nattys suggestion. Id go with that, plus some basics and a solid diet you should be fine. I like usp but no need to 150$ stack

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like nattys suggestion. Id go with that, plus some basics and a solid diet you should be fine. I like usp but no need to 150$ stack
Agreed...dont forget your essentials! Creatine, protein, etc are essential for a recomp to maintain muscle youve gained in a bulk

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established

About $89 on Nutra
I'm with natty. I quit my cut earlier than expected because of the results I got from Erase/AT2. (results may vary per diet and individual response)

I'll have to try AP one day.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recomp, eh? Most delicate of all the goals... Given that you have your diet in gear, and your know what you are doing with your training, which is pretty obvious from what I see already here, then the supplement end of things is really your last base to cover (an optional base, mind you).

Out of what was already mentioned here, I do like a few products but not so much others. While I have used Recreate (2 bottles, consecutively), I didn't see too much in the way of additional progress during my own attempt to cut. I've used better. I haven't used need2', but have used Anabolic Pump to aid in nutrient partitioning - actually as a bit of a carb buffer, so to speak - with some success early on. I may do that again, but am not quite sure of it just yet.

By your training method alone, it looks like you are interested in maintaining good strength while dropping the fat. Kudos for what you're working on so far. To aid in that, I'd recommend HardFX as Mrodz has above. I've noted an excellent boost in power when using it, over and over again. It will help to control estrogen as well as give you a bit of the ol' "alpha male" edge. Keep the power lifts, and pick something that coordinates to accentuate that training style.

In the past few months, I've dabbled a good bit with AlphaT2, and I do like it. I've noted some good drops in the ol' gut region, which is still my own problem area. The stimulation from it is mild, and when going full-on with doses, I have noticed increased sweats and heartbeat - a sign that I'm moving a bit faster, so to speak. I like it!

If you were to throw something else in with those 2, I'd look towards cortisol control. Erase was mentioned, and I can vouch for it as well, but I'd prefer to go with HardFX as the estro- supp here and something like LeanFX or Lean Xtreme to control cortisol instead. I mention this because your training looks pretty intensive, which stresses the body, which leads to more cortisol release as your body is fighting your desire to lose the little remaining bodyfat that you have left. Train hard, remain anabolic to keep the hard-earned gains, and look to knock down the cortisol.

Based on NP prices, you could easily get away with a stack of HardFX, LeanFX, and AlphaT2 for $150. IMHO, it'd be money well spent.

And for reference, my current cutting stack:
HardFX
LeanFX
AlphaT2
Carnobolic
StimulantX
AXcell

Best wishes to ya, and WELCOME TO AM!!! We're here to help with anything and everything you need. :cheers:

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Supplements: ON 100% Whey, Creatine, Xtend BCAA's, CLA, Multi, ZMA, Casein before bed

I'm looking at adding USPLabs Asteroid stack + Recreate to my supplements.
If you are looking to recomp, you don't need anything other than what is bold/underlined.

To really recomp, nutrition and training will be the "make or break".

I definitely wouldn't add the asteroid stack. That is way too expensive for the gains it will yield (plus they recommend you take it for 12 weeks to see the gains).

If I had to recommend anything, I would think about ECA. It has been shown to spare muscle tissue while cutting. It will crush your appetite though so it can be tricky. A four week run of ECA will cost you less than one bottle of Recreate.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are looking to recomp, you don't need anything other than what is bold/underlined.
Exited the thread, saw that you posted, and had to come back because I KNEW what you were gonna write. LOL Man, we've been around too long... :D :fool2:

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Recomp, eh? Most delicate of all the goals... Given that you have your diet in gear, and your know what you are doing with your training, which is pretty obvious from what I see already here, then the supplement end of things is really your last base to cover (an optional base, mind you).

Out of what was already mentioned here, I do like a few products but not so much others. While I have used Recreate (2 bottles, consecutively), I didn't see too much in the way of additional progress during my own attempt to cut. I've used better. I haven't used need2', but have used Anabolic Pump to aid in nutrient partitioning - actually as a bit of a carb buffer, so to speak - with some success early on. I may do that again, but am not quite sure of it just yet.

By your training method alone, it looks like you are interested in maintaining good strength while dropping the fat. Kudos for what you're working on so far. To aid in that, I'd recommend HardFX as Mrodz has above. I've noted an excellent boost in power when using it, over and over again. It will help to control estrogen as well as give you a bit of the ol' "alpha male" edge. Keep the power lifts, and pick something that coordinates to accentuate that training style.

In the past few months, I've dabbled a good bit with AlphaT2, and I do like it. I've noted some good drops in the ol' gut region, which is still my own problem area. The stimulation from it is mild, and when going full-on with doses, I have noticed increased sweats and heartbeat - a sign that I'm moving a bit faster, so to speak. I like it!

If you were to throw something else in with those 2, I'd look towards cortisol control. Erase was mentioned, and I can vouch for it as well, but I'd prefer to go with HardFX as the estro- supp here and something like LeanFX or Lean Xtreme to control cortisol instead. I mention this because your training looks pretty intensive, which stresses the body, which leads to more cortisol release as your body is fighting your desire to lose the little remaining bodyfat that you have left. Train hard, remain anabolic to keep the hard-earned gains, and look to knock down the cortisol.

Based on NP prices, you could easily get away with a stack of HardFX, LeanFX, and AlphaT2 for $150. IMHO, it'd be money well spent.

And for reference, my current cutting stack:
HardFX
LeanFX
AlphaT2
Carnobolic
StimulantX
AXcell

Best wishes to ya, and WELCOME TO AM!!! We're here to help with anything and everything you need. :cheers:
:goodpost::hail:

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Exited the thread, saw that you posted, and had to come back because I KNEW what you were gonna write. LOL Man, we've been around too long... :D :fool2:
LOL truth my friend. I was similar to the OP when I first started. I used to spend WAY too much money on supps that maybe increased a results by a fraction over what my hard work was giving me.

I love to spread the word that hard work is the best supp you can take. Save money.

However I do love bcaas and beta alanine.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think cortisol modulation with something like Erase of EndoAmp is of huge importance for recomping. Outside of that, standard supplements and spot-on training, dieting and recovery.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL truth my friend. I was similar to the OP when I first started. I used to spend WAY too much money on supps that maybe increased a results by a fraction over what my hard work was giving me.

I love to spread the word that hard work is the best supp you can take. Save money.

However I do love bcaas and beta alanine.
Likewise!! I've blown THOUSANDS on supplements over the last few years, many of which didn't do anything but make my bank account lighter. However, that being said, I really can't complain. If I hadn't done it, then i wouldn't have the experience that I have today to come here and make recommendations based on that personal experience. If you've tried nothing, then you have no room to talk - which is kinda what I see WAY too much of happening anyway. (well, that and shameless pimping...)

Work is the brunt of it. Do the work, get the results. Supplements are only a small fraction of it, and that still greatly depends on the work that you put in! Supplements are supplemental - NOT a necessary part of training and achieving your goals.

And yes, this was just spoken on a public forum by the guy who runs the rep team for a major supplement company.

:D

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Likewise!! I've blown THOUSANDS on supplements over the last few years, many of which didn't do anything but make my bank account lighter. However, that being said, I really can't complain. If I hadn't done it, then i wouldn't have the experience that I have today to come here and make recommendations based on that personal experience. If you've tried nothing, then you have no room to talk - which is kinda what I see WAY too much of happening anyway. (well, that and shameless pimping...)

Work is the brunt of it. Do the work, get the results. Supplements are only a small fraction of it, and that still greatly depends on the work that you put in! Supplements are supplemental - NOT a necessary part of training and achieving your goals.

And yes, this was just spoken on a public forum by the guy who runs the rep team for a major supplement company.

:D

Bingo.... and that is why I trust your opinions.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
j/k... in for more options! :D
If bitten by an animal with rabies, aggression goes through the roof and you can dominate the gym.

However, there are sides as well....

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Erase + Alpha T2 + Formadrol Xtreme.

Perhaps the best thing out there IMHO.

xlb57

xlb57

Awards
If it were me I would probably opt for something like Lean Xtreme combined with Glycobol or SlinSane (haven't tried Recompadrol or Need2Slin, but have heard good things about them as well).

tlock55

Awards
Thx

Thanks all for the advice! Especially T-AD, I appreciate your honest opinion, I'm definitely going to take a look and change up the stack I was looking at. Don't worry either bikeswim, I'm always going to stick to the essentials, I can't go wrong with them and they have worked so far so why fix something that ain't broken. Does anyone have any ideas for improving my diet farther? I usually like to stick with the same high protein, low card diet all week but lately I have been hearing alot about carb cycling. BTW I'm in college right now, so I basically have to stick with what they serve in the dinning hall or the canned lean meat and veggies I buy myself. Thanks again!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks all for the advice! Especially T-AD, I appreciate your honest opinion, I'm definitely going to take a look and change up the stack I was looking at. Don't worry either bikeswim, I'm always going to stick to the essentials, I can't go wrong with them and they have worked so far so why fix something that ain't broken. Does anyone have any ideas for improving my diet farther? I usually like to stick with the same high protein, low card diet all week but lately I have been hearing alot about carb cycling. BTW I'm in college right now, so I basically have to stick with what they serve in the dinning hall or the canned lean meat and veggies I buy myself. Thanks again!
Aaaah... the college days... I remember them. Well, kinda... ;)

You're at the advantage there having a big supply of food. Sure, it may not be all the best, but be picky and you'll probably fair pretty well! I'm not one to quote rhyme and verse on diet philosophy, mostly because my own is just a "make better choices" kinda thing. But what I might suggest is something out of the ordinary - cheat more! Yes, cheat. If you have a cheat meal once a week, up it to two. Sometimes, the shock of it all can actually work in your favor. Just like training, getting your digestion and metabolism into somewhat of a tizzy can be a good thing. From a psychological aspect of it, if you know you are going to cheat, you'll be less apt to go hog wild with it. And if you do, your mind will push your body to go even harder next time you train. In the end, I whole heartedly believe that this is a mental game - not just training, but life in general. Mind over matter - if you don't mind, then it don't matter!

As for carb cycling and all that, I'll let someone else take it who knows more than I do.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
One thing I definitely think you should try is Need2Slin. It's seriously the strongest nutrient partitioner i've ever used....it's like recomp in a bottle lol
Beat me to it! :)

I used Need 2 Slin before I was even associated with NTBM, and I haven't stopped since! Also, Recompadrol is an amazing additive I've been using since way back when Crazy Fool was on the forum, I read the write up so many times and finally pulled the trigger and found one of those ULTRA RARE supplements that come shining through. I like Recompadrol WITH Need 2 Slin because it attacks E-V-E-R-Y angle of recomp through reduced adipogenesis, cAMP activation, insulin modulation, and so forth.

Something else I have found VERY helpful in recomping would be adding in a little pure bulk HCA 50-60% powder which is only $40 per kilogram online from several sources.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Beat me to it! :)

I used Need 2 Slin before I was even associated with NTBM, and I haven't stopped since! Also, Recompadrol is an amazing additive I've been using since way back when Crazy Fool was on the forum, I read the write up so many times and finally pulled the trigger and found one of those ULTRA RARE supplements that come shining through. I like Recompadrol WITH Need 2 Slin because it attacks E-V-E-R-Y angle of recomp through reduced adipogenesis, cAMP activation, insulin modulation, and so forth.

Something else I have found VERY helpful in recomping would be adding in a little pure bulk HCA 50-60% powder which is only $40 per kilogram online from several sources.
How do you go about dosing the recompadrol along with your need2slin if stacking the two together?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In a thread about recomping...

With a name like "recompadrol"....

It has to be good, right????

Ok, call me the newb. What is it and what does it do and who is your daddy and what does he do?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
How do you go about dosing the recompadrol along with your need2slin if stacking the two together?
Awesome question!! Since I've been using both for months and months (with a 2 month break from Recompadrol December/January to clear out Vanadyl) I found the following to be IDEAL:

- 2 Need 2 Slin + 4 RCD prior to breakfast
- 2 Need 2 Slin + 300mg added 75% Gymnema prior to pre-workout meal (the HCA in Recompadrol keeps athletes from attaining an optimal pump)

Also, I will DOUBLE the RCD dosage prior to my once/twice weekly cheat meals, and will also double Need 2 Slin while adding in 5-8g of raw capped HCA powder.

Ok, call me the newb. What is it and what does it do and who is your daddy and what does he do?
That's a question I also love, but have to answer it shortly as I'm leaving my desk for a short while... be right back

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't leave me hangin, man!! Negz and LOLCATS if you're gone more than 10 minutes!!!!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Awesome question!! Since I've been using both for months and months (with a 2 month break from Recompadrol December/January to clear out Vanadyl) I found the following to be IDEAL:

- 2 Need 2 Slin + 300mg added 75% Gymnema prior to pre-workout meal (the HCA in Recompadrol keeps athletes from attaining an optimal pump)

Also, I will DOUBLE the RCD dosage prior to my once/twice weekly cheat meals, and will also double Need 2 Slin while adding in 5-8g of raw capped HCA powder.

That's a question I also love, but have to answer it shortly as I'm leaving my desk for a short while... be right back

:jaw: is that safe? How many carbs are you taking in with that breakfast?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im sure its safe, i use to take 5-6 anabolic pumps in a sitting and 10 if it was a cheat meal lol

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

Alright, here we go! HEY WAIT A MINUTE... (reads below with scowl on face)

Don't leave me hangin, man!! Negz and LOLCATS if you're gone more than 10 minutes!!!!
I only get negged by the admin ;)

:jaw: is that safe? How many carbs are you taking in with that breakfast?
Totally safe, the absolute only thing that would cause a skeletal or blood build up of any sort would be VS, but I cycled off for two full months, plus, I know many athletes and have read accounts during the golden years where bodybuilders ingested HUNDREDS of milligrams of VS.

Anyway...

To address the original question, Recompadrol is a very serious and very seriously well constructed supplement that allows the body to take in additional calories, and efficiently directs them toward muscle reparation and glycogen storage in the muscle, rather than initiating lipogenesis. There is an excellent write up disseminating the intent, breakdown, and science upholding the RCD blend here: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/lean-body-formulations/recompadrol-180-caps.html

I've always been a slave to GDAs/mimetics, because first of all they work when done right and in the right amounts with the right timing, and second of all my metabolism isn't so hot-to-trot, and I like to eat plenty of calories to feed muscle growth, which also invariable feeds adipose development as well (these types of supplements minimize that impact).

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Alright man I have a few bottles of both still, so per your recommendation I'm giong to try stacking them. Not quite at that dose.....yet. I'm gonna try just 2 of each for now and see how my body responds, having a low blood sugar episode after a meal or in the middle of the day is SOOO not a pleasant feeling.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Alright man I have a few bottles of both still, so per your recommendation I'm giong to try stacking them. Not quite at that dose.....yet. I'm gonna try just 2 of each for now and see how my body responds, having a low blood sugar episode after a meal or in the middle of the day is SOOO not a pleasant feeling.
Awesome, thanks for trusting in me my friend, you will simply not be left disappointed. Have fun with it and keep us updated! :)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established

after reading this over again, the comment about HCA keeping you from attaining a pump struck me as interesting. That's not the first time I have read mention of that being the case.

But what about using it for a POST workout carb meal as opposed to pre? Shouldn't need to worry about it then correct?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
after reading this over again, the comment about HCA keeping you from attaining a pump struck me as interesting. That's not the first time I have read mention of that being the case.

But what about using it for a POST workout carb meal as opposed to pre? Shouldn't need to worry about it then correct?
No, it wouldn't be a concern then - but post-workout your body is really adept at assimilating more calories with ease, and directing them toward muscle reparation.

I use HCA, almost exclusively, for cheat meals and breakfast now.