Insulin Mimetic/Nutrient Repartitioner

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have good articles on the properties of these compunds?
I am doing a research presentation on the topic and am struggling to find a good article on the actual process of mimicking insulin and driving glucose to the cells. Also, I need some explanation on the differences between some coumpounds and their methods of actions.

nerdalert

Awards
If you do a search for Need2Slin I bet that you will find a writeup from RussianStar the inventor..

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
yo sorry they blocked the website, PM ed you

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hey, cool question, you're doing a presentation in college on GDAs? If so, that's very exciting, what class is it for, usually professors are totally and blindly opposed to ANYTHING contained within a capsule (in my experience). It will be a hard sale, so to speak, and you might get pummeled with questions - so I'd have your citations in order, and just admit you're new to exploring the benefits of these great compounds.

If I got started I could go, and go, and go about the positive effects of mimetics, but I will just leave you with some of my absolute favorites and you can Google the products and compounds! BEST OF LUCK AND HAVE FUN, let us know how it goes and what road blocks you're hitting or hit in class.

- Recompadrol
- Need 2 Slin
- 4-Hydroxyisoleucine
- Cinnulin
- Vinegar Capsules

:)

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
its for a biochemistry class. I had been into prescription ones along with over the counter supplements such as p-slin, gycobol, recompadrol, need2slin etc. I really got interested in this topic because we previously covered insulin release and I took 2 different mimicking compounds in the past without knowing the actual biochemistry behind it

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm honestly not trying to plug our product, but if you go to http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/glycobol-120-caps.html all of our product write-ups are sourced and cite. I hope this helps:

(1) The antihyperglycemic drug alpha-lipoic acid stimulates glucose uptake via both GLUT4 translocation and GLUT4 activation: potential role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in GLUT4 activation.; Konrad D, Somwar R, Sweeney G, Yaworsky K, Hayashi M, Ramlal T, Klip A.; Diabetes. 2001 Jun;50(6):1464-71.

(2) Protection against oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance in rat L6 muscle cells by mircomolar concentrations of alpha-lipoic acid.; Maddux BA, See W, Lawrence JC Jr, Goldfine AL, Goldfine ID, Evans JL.; Diabetes. 2001 Feb;50(2):404-10.

(3) Effects of Fenugreek Seeds (Trigonella foenum greaecum) Extract on Endurance Capacity in Mice.; Mayumi Ikeuchi, et al; Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology; Vol. 52 (2006), No.4 pp.287-292.

(4) The addition of fenugreek extract (Trigonella foenum-graecum) to glucose feeding increases muscle glycogen resynthesis after exercise.; Ruby BC, Gaskill SE, Slivka D, Harger SG.; Amino Acids. 2005 Feb;28(1):71-6.

(5) Therapeutic effect of berberine on 60 patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and experimental research; Ni Yanxia, et al.; Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine 1995; 1(2); 91-95.

(6) Berberine is a novel cholesterol-lowering drug working through a unique mechanism distinct from statins; Kong Weijia, et al.; Nature Medicine 2004; 10(12): 1344-1351.

(7) Isolation and characterization of polyphenol type-A polymers from cinnamon with insulin-like biological activity.; Anderson RA, Broadhurst CL, Polansky MM, Schmidt WF, Khan A, Flanagan VP, Schoene NW, Graves DJ.;
J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jan 14;52(1):65-70.

(8) Cinnamon extract and polyphenols affect the expression of tristetraprolin, insulin receptor, and glucose transporter 4 in mouse 3T3-L1 adipocytes.; Cao H, Polansky MM, Anderson RA.; Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007 Mar 15;459(2):214-22. Epub 2007 Jan 25.

(9) Trace elements in nutrition.; Dreosti IE.; Med J Aust., 1980 August 9;2(3):117-23.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
thanks, glycobol was one of the reasons im actually doing this presentation. It was fantastic when I took it over the winter. The only thing I question is that GLUT4 transporters are present in fat and muscle, so wouldnt most insulin mimickers store glucose in fat, making more fat?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, wow. Thanks for the kind words!

EDIT: Sorry, I missed your question...it looks like JS got to it though.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks, glycobol was one of the reasons im actually doing this presentation. It was fantastic when I took it over the winter. The only thing I question is that GLUT4 transporters are present in fat and muscle, so wouldnt most insulin mimickers store glucose in fat, making more fat?
I've heard a lot of good things about Glycobol as well as Need2slin.

For the record, I started Need2slin 3 days ago and loving it!! ;)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. They help more carbs go into muscle and be stored in the muscles. In addition, help keeping insulin levels more stable.

NA-R-ALA is my favorite ingredient in Glycobol as it is shown to be 10-30 x's more powerful than R-ala

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've heard a lot of good things about Glycobol as well as Need2slin.

I use Need2 now and I am doing a keto diet. I am seeing some major recomp and considering I have cals up high due to my PCT, that says something. I wish I responded well to glycobol, the only insulin mimetic that really worked for me is IGF-1. Out of the few on the market I know many like, glycobol and need2 are what I would recommend. Each is different and depending on diet, that will determine what is right for you.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any more sources anybody?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had an interesting article on each of the insulin mimetic ingredients works, lost it though, Looked for it if I find it ill post it
I would be interested in seeing that also if you find it or can dig it up somewhere

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am doing a research presentation on the topic and am struggling to find a good article on the actual process of mimicking insulin and driving glucose to the cells. Also, I need some explanation on the differences between some coumpounds and their methods of actions.
Do some searching on IGF-1, outside of insulin, it is by far the most effective nutrient partitioner out there and has many other benefits. There is a lot of research on it, check pub med.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alpha Lipoic Acid is good antioxidant and good insulin mimetic but watch it may result in a greater amount of liver glycogen storage and may even result in more fat storage than intended in my case 1200mg is overkill out of ketosis well 600-900mg is optimal range go up to 1g if the person have Diabetes with NA-R-ALA only need 200-300mg daily no more.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
loook at the write ups for Recompadrol and need2slin

few mechanism worth mentioning is the

PI3K pathway (insulin Pathway)
PPARalpha/delta Agonism (increasing insulin sensitivity in muscle/adipose cells)
cAMP

but the write ups for those 2 supplements will greatly help

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
NA-R-ALA is shown to be 10-30 x's more powerful than R-ala
I would love to see the study or site you got that from, I'm NOT questioning you at all, I've just always been on the lookout for something definitive that shows na-r-ala is truly optimal compared to r-ala at glucose modulation specifically. I have been torn and conflicted about the research I've seen, so I've actually been using both for a couple years, Need 2 Slin for about six months now, and r-ala for many years.

Awesome! You'll continue to love it too! :)

its for a biochemistry class. I had been into prescription ones along with over the counter supplements such as p-slin, gycobol, recompadrol, need2slin etc. I really got interested in this topic because we previously covered insulin release and I took 2 different mimicking compounds in the past without knowing the actual biochemistry behind it
Sounds very cool! How did the presentation go, or has it not happened yet? If you'd be so kind, I think it would be AWESOME of you to copy/paste your paper here, I know I'd read it and many others I'm sure. :)

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
I am presenting a powerpoint this week coming up, I will make sure to post it on the thread when it is finished. I think the 3 main compounds I will investigate are ALA, cinnamon, and Gymnema Sylvestre. Beyond those 3 I am going to explain insulin's action, how they change in diabetics and explain the GLUT4 transporters

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I am presenting a powerpoint this week coming up, I will make sure to post it on the thread when it is finished. I think the 3 main compounds I will investigate are ALA, cinnamon, and Gymnema Sylvestre. Beyond those 3 I am going to explain insulin's action, how they change in diabetics and explain the GLUT4 transporters
Good choices, 4-HO would be a good replacement for Cinnamon, but I think your three are good since they are easily available for purchase.

Are you looking at cinnamon, raw, or more refined extracts like Cinnulin?

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
I atually focused on MHCP which is a compound in cinnamon, it seems to be the cause of its insulin mimetic effects

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
This is a preliminary draft to my presentation. Didn't get all the citations in yet. The final presentation will be Monday, thanks to everyone so far and if theres any suggestions lemme know

http://www.*********.com/file/anfhvs

sendspace in for the stars
Reps sent your way! Going to read it first chance I get... would you mind disclosing some cliff's notes for us? Thanks! :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a preliminary draft to my presentation. Didn't get all the citations in yet. The final presentation will be Monday, thanks to everyone so far and if theres any suggestions lemme know

http://www.*********.com/file/anfhvs

sendspace in for the stars
Just browsed through it and it looks awesome!

Gonna read it more thoroughly tomorrow when I have time, thanks for sharing this with us.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
yea Im going to finish it up tomorrow so ill make some notes to shorten it up

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird. I can't click on the link b/c it's censored by AM.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
yea Im going to finish it up tomorrow so ill make some notes to shorten it up
Read through the whole slide show!

So much of this brings back the same questions I had before... will taking certain of these GDAs and Mimetics enhance the effects of Insulin injection for non-diabetics, using it for muscle reparation and anabolism?

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established

So much of this brings back the same questions I had before... will taking certain of these GDAs and Mimetics enhance the effects of Insulin injection for non-diabetics, using it for muscle reparation and anabolism?
I believe cinnamon will because it activates glut4 through different means than cinnamon, in banaba extract there is no synergystic effect though

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established

it will sort of SELECTIVELY pick muscle tissue, hopefully. usually high concentrations of insulin for some reason favor storage toward fat. but lower concentrations depending on depleted or fed state or not will favor muscle tissue.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
? Did you mean to replace one of the cinnamons with another additive?

sorry I meant than insulin. I read that both work cooperatively because cinnamon targets glut4 but also other downstream targets so it can work synergystically

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
it will sort of SELECTIVELY pick muscle tissue, hopefully. usually high concentrations of insulin for some reason favor storage toward fat. but lower concentrations depending on depleted or fed state or not will favor muscle tissue.
Is this why it's a great idea to take a Mimetic with something to mitigate adipogenesis, like HCA?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
sorry I meant than insulin. I read that both work cooperatively because cinnamon targets glut4 but also other downstream targets so it can work synergystically
Thanks! You've got cinnamon on the brain, haha!

Bulk raw cinnamon power (not the raw herb, but decent 4:1 and 12:1) extracts can be purchased so cheap, I wonder if those are efficacious enough to even be worth buying and capping - or if only something highly standardized like Cinnulin is worthy?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree I believe the body has somewhat if an hierarchy with the brain getting first dibs on nutrients then organs and muscle and whatever is left over is stored as fat. I think the key is finding the amount if carbs and protein to fill you muscles but not too much that it starts getting stored as fat. Have you seen any info that would back this up? It has just been a belief of mine but I never came across anything really that supported it

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Agree I believe the body has somewhat if an hierarchy with the brain getting first dibs on nutrients then organs and muscle and whatever is left over is stored as fat. I think the key is finding the amount if carbs and protein to fill you muscles but not too much that it starts getting stored as fat. Have you seen any info that would back this up? It has just been a belief of mine but I never came across anything really that supported it
first order of business would be muscle and liver. the rest would be as needed.

liver is what controls blood sugar.

after a workout its, muscles, then liver. or simulantiously both i believe. but more selective after a workout.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. Its called glycogen stores. They can only store so much carbs in them, after that the carbs are stored as fat.

Think of this as when you fill your car up. the excess gas is wasted. Bodybuiders getting ready for a show glycogens levels are depleted and they dont wont to totaly eliminate them but they do go pretty low like many go close to almost empty , its a fine line . If your losing strength fast, no pump, your stores are probally too low and you need a refeed day

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I heard that AnaBeta had some profoundly powerful insulinogenic properties... can someone shed a light on this for me? I am making this same post in two other threads, so excuse the redundancy, only trying to get a rich mixture of opinion. I am thinking of stacking with Racompadrol and Need 2 Slin during my off-cycle/season through the winter as I increase calories to maintain newly realized mass. Thanks! :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 glycobols equal about 5 uis of insulin in a users experience with real insulin

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
So essentially 5 iu of slin is usualy useful for 50-75g carbs which is just about their recommendation. Good to know

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard that AnaBeta had some profoundly powerful insulinogenic properties... can someone shed a light on this for me? I am making this same post in two other threads, so excuse the redundancy, only trying to get a rich mixture of opinion. I am thinking of stacking with Racompadrol and Need 2 Slin during my off-cycle/season through the winter as I increase calories to maintain newly realized mass. Thanks! :)
It isn't necessarily insulin mediated as far as we are aware, it just seems to increase the need of all food in general.

Quantifiably while on AnaBeta I increased my post workout carb intake to 150g of an equal mix of dextrose and maltodextrin. This is the highest I have ever taken. I tried it again while off AnaBeta and felt horribly sick, in the end cutting it down by almost half.

Carbs during the rest of the day were increased also but I lost visible fat despite eating more. Very strong recomp effects.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
It isn't necessarily insulin mediated as far as we are aware, it just seems to increase the need of all food in general.

Quantifiably while on AnaBeta I increased my post workout carb intake to 150g of an equal mix of dextrose and maltodextrin. This is the highest I have ever taken. I tried it again while off AnaBeta and felt horribly sick, in the end cutting it down by almost half.

Carbs during the rest of the day were increased also but I lost visible fat despite eating more. Very strong recomp effects.
I have, for the first time in my years of training, also increased my carbs to 150-200g of carbohydrates after a workout. The only change I have made, is I have finally entered the realm of IGF-1-LR3 administration. The glycogen storage is unparalleled, and long lasting. I am still amazed even after a few weeks of ongoing usage, that I can wake up the following morning, and be so pumped and full that it is a challenge to wash the back of my neck in the shower.

I'm not sure whether or not I will spend $40 plus shipping on AnaBeta, but come this winter, I am really entertaining it's usage.