Please Help

BoneCollector

Awards
I started working out about a month and half ago. I'd like to take some kind of supplement to help gain more muscle. I currently weigh 164 pounds. I've been drinking Iso mass Extreame Gainer after every workout, but I'm looking for something else to help gain more muscle. What supplement should I take? I don't wanna take anything thats gonna hurt my liver or anything like that.

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
I appreciate that you want to gain muscle quickly. If your workout experience is really only a month and a half old then you need to study working out first. There is a a lot you can accomplish just learning how to workout before using supplements. Just my opinion.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Educate yourself by looking around on this forum.

DIET AND TRAINING you arent going to get anywhere without proper nutrition and training. I suggest start out with basic, compound lifts like squat, deadlifts, and bench and do them with PROPER form but go as heavy as u can without making your form go out of...well, form. As far as diet goes, find a website that u can log ur food intake so u see what nutrients u are consuming/day.

SUPPLEMENTS You dont need a weight gainer. you can make your own with Whey Protein Powder, Ice Cream, PB, Fruits, EVOO...etc What you do need to be on is CREATINE, MULTI VITAMIN and BCAAs.

CREATINE There are many types. I suggest starting with creatine mono either in bulk or a specific product like NeoVar.

Protein Any Whey protein

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
At 168, and you want muscle, I suggest eating. Lots of it (clean choices obviously). Get the protein through the roof.

Also, make sure you are constantly researching how to lift (don't be the guy to bench press and curls everyday).

Finally if you want some supps right now, go with whey, bcaas, and creatine. You won't need anything more.

Just research the products I mentioned here and you will find many good options.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Educate yourself by looking around on this forum.

DIET AND TRAINING you arent going to get anywhere without proper nutrition and training. I suggest start out with basic, compound lifts like squat, deadlifts, and bench and do them with PROPER form but go as heavy as u can without making your form go out of...well, form. As far as diet goes, find a website that u can log ur food intake so u see what nutrients u are consuming/day.

SUPPLEMENTS You dont need a weight gainer. you can make your own with Whey Protein Powder, Ice Cream, PB, Fruits, EVOO...etc What you do need to be on is CREATINE, MULTI VITAMIN and BCAAs.

CREATINE There are many types. I suggest starting with creatine mono either in bulk or a specific product like NeoVar.

Protein Any Whey protein
Like the man said :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Naturally in your first 6 months of working out you can tend to add as much as half a pound of muscle a week if you are eating + training decently. After that it tapes off to maybe more like 1/4lb a week. Thats straight muscle weight, not including excess retained water in muscle, etc. Work on getting your diet and your workout down. At 6 weeks into working out, you can probably do a lot by just optimizing your workout. Give us what routine you are following

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop whey
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup oats
1.5 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tbsp of honey

Drink that shake 2-3 times a day, should get you on your way to gaining some quality mass.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chicken, eggs, oats, lean beef, lean turkey, tuna, veggies. Shoot for 200-250g protein a day.

Supplements: multi-vitamin, fishoil, creatine

Workout: focus on compound lifts like BB bench, deadlift, squat, BB curl, Close Grip bench press, military press, pullups, etc. Lift 3-5 days a week.