Anabolic pump questions

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
So bein that I am on a ckd diet right now (and loving it !) I realize that during the week I shouldn't take ap, but what about on my carb up days ? Would this stuff work if I'm only taking it once a week ? How many carbs do I need to take in ? Are high gi carbs better then lower gi ones ?
Lastly does this stuff even work ? I'm sure there's better stuff out there but I am new to partitioners so I didn't want to go balls out right away.

Thanks.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes its great for refeeds!

I would honestly even look into pslin, I think your going to get way more bang for your buck considering your seldom going to take it and pslin works the same on the first dose to the 30th dose when taken in a daily fashion.....

With pslin you can EASILY put away over 120g carbohydrates right with it, and although yoi will be full at first you won't bloat and will hunger for more shortly after (within 2 hours).

I think AP can be used just as well but really is more suited for constant use... Mulletsoldier once compared Ap and pslin to a semi auto rifle and a shotgun respectively... One can be shot alot more in a period of time taking out small peices and one can blow away a huge amount at once but takes longer to reload and refire.

I'm almost certain mullet and/or jacob have posted a modified use of AP so it can constantly be used during ckd without destroying the point if the diet... Mullet is really who you should search then pm...

B

biopole

Awards
I think USP has stated that it can be used both during the week to help clear blood glucose without insulin and during the refeed. If you are doing the diet correctly you shouldnt really need it.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah since your just using it as refeed i think pslin would suit you better or you could up your carbs by, say, 30g and add AP

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed 100% but don't underestimate the effects nutrient partitioners like anabolic pump can have on fat loss when on a keto diet or the like. They work better for fat loss on a no/low carb diet :).

Mike

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually really like nutrient partitioners first thing in the morning for fasted training (with EAA/BCAA), and in the evening right before bed. I feel with the fasted training I get more fat metabolized and I'm ready for my PWO shake. Pre-bed I feel like it helps me get glucose out of my system to help GH cycles, and overall helps me sleep better/deeper. I only do 1 cap of something like Glycobol or Need2Slin for these purposes.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually really like nutrient partitioners first thing in the morning for fasted training (with EAA/BCAA), and in the evening right before bed. I feel with the fasted training I get more fat metabolized and I'm ready for my PWO shake. Pre-bed I feel like it helps me get glucose out of my system to help GH cycles, and overall helps me sleep better/deeper. I only do 1 cap of something like Glycobol or Need2Slin for these purposes.
I do the same thing before bed with slin sane.

Mike