Thoughts On Creatine While Cutting

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have heard alot of responses from both sides of the fence. what do you think?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used Creatine Nitrate on a cut and it was perfect, no bloat, just lean, dry and vascular.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
In short, yes!

Creatine is a zero-calorie, lean mass stimulator. It is an important part of the bodybuilder’s arsenal to gaining a bigger, stronger, leaner physique. Of the hundreds of studies that have examined creatine’s effects on body composition, the vast majority show very favorable increases in the lean mass to fat ratio. If maximum muscle gains are desired, I cannot see a reason to exclude creatine during any attempt at fat loss. Combined with the correct, calorie-restricted eating plan, creatine will only serve to accelerate your fat loss efforts, not impede them.

1. Huso, M.E., et al. Creatine supplementation influences substrate utilization at rest. J Appl Physiol. 2002.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It helps you maintain that hard earned muscle mass so I would think it's essential. Let's not forget that the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism is ;)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what are your thoughts on making you look more soft but larger vs your goal on cutting (being more vascular, leaner)

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what are your thoughts on making you look more soft but larger vs your goal on cutting (being more vascular, leaner)
Creatine can give you that sort thickened appearance, but I really think it's unique to the person taking it, in regards to how much size they can put on with it.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to follow up, on CN to my eyes and others, I appear leaner, more muscular/defined;however, my scale weight hasn't changed. I just appear drier, leaner and more vascular, most likely because I'm holding less water.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have heard alot of responses from both sides of the fence. what do you think?
Creatine is a STAPLE supplement and should be used ALL the time, regardless of your goal, IMO. If you use the excuse that you cannot effectively or successfully cut whilst using creatine, you're full of bull and not doing something right in the areas that matter!

~Rosie~

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine is a STAPLE supplement and should be used ALL the time, regardless of your goal, IMO. If you use the excuse that you cannot effectively or successfully cut whilst using creatine, you're full of bull and not doing something right in the areas that matter!

~Rosie~
Rosie sometimes when I read your posts, I feel like I'm Rihanna and you're Chris Brown.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:wtf1: :boggled: :think:
I was kidding. You tend to be very emphatic with some of your comments, which is great. It's like a verbal b-slap, it's endearing. I'm just gonna stop talking now...awkward moment.