Absorbtion with DAA, does it matter?

  1. Senior Member
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    4485
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    85.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Absorbtion with DAA, does it matter?


    Ive seen a few products offer different delivery forms of DAA or added ingredients to offset one thing or the other, or to enhance it. Didn't the study just use plain DAA? What is the need to further enhance it? Is it dose dependant meaning the more you take the greater the effects?

  2. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,144
    Rep Power
    437807
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    18.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I've used bulk DAA and thought it was crap. Lit-up, TCF-1 and test force 2 are all amazing sources of DAA.

    Go quality, not quantity. If you need a discount for TCF-1, I'm more than happy to give you one. PM me man.
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!
  3. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,821
    Rep Power
    767478
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    54.01%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    quality is always better than quantity.. if only my girl would understand that haha.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    877
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    93.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    TCF-1 or Testforce. You can't really go wrong with either one of those.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    24,357
    Rep Power
    1886737
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    17.45%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    The study used sodium d-aspartate, which is the form used in TCF-1.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  6. Advanced Member
    sking6464's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    35763
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    71.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    quality is always better than quantity.. if only my girl would understand that haha.
    'make' her understand
    S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
    PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME FREE STUFF
  7. New Member
    JoeHT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    58945
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    76%

    I've used both TCF-1 and bulk DAA. I get the same results.
    For better absorption with bulk DAA use warm water (as oppose to cold) and take it on an empty stomach (1st time in the morning, ~1/2 hr before breakfast).
  8. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    2884830
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    73.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The study used sodium d-aspartate, which is the form used in TCF-1.
    Any chemists on here feel free to correct me, but the added sodium should increase solubility in water and therefore absorption. Better to go with that than the bulk DAA for any health related concerns and also because the bang for your buck is probably going to even out when you compare how much DAA is actually being absorbed.
  9. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    2884830
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    73.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Looks like they do sell sodium DAA in bulk. So compare prices and go with a company you trust.
  10. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,724
    Rep Power
    189575
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    98.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Looks like they do sell sodium DAA in bulk. So compare prices and go with a company you trust.
    I think SNS sells it for around the same price, not sure and I'm to lazy to check.

  11. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,144
    Rep Power
    437807
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    18.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Any chemists on here feel free to correct me, but the added sodium should increase solubility in water and therefore absorption. Better to go with that than the bulk DAA for any health related concerns and also because the bang for your buck is probably going to even out when you compare how much DAA is actually being absorbed.
    Plus our TCF-1 is already dissolved in a liquid absorption complex.

    Edit: Also offering discounts for whoever wants to try tcf-1 lol just send me a PM
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!
  12. Senior Member
    Bry17's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    33174
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    12.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I think SNS sells it for around the same price, not sure and I'm to lazy to check.
    Their capped version is probably one of the cheapest and most convenient i've seen.
    Antaeus Rep
  13. Senior Member
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253655
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    74.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I think SNS sells it for around the same price, not sure and I'm to lazy to check.
    Yes we do. We offer it in both powder and capsules. And with some of the best price-per-serving in the industry
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  14. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,144
    Rep Power
    437807
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    18.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bry17 View Post
    Their capped version is probably one of the cheapest and most convenient i've seen.
    Why cap a tasty supplement though? Bah. Capped BCAAs fo' sho'. Capped DAA is a no-no imo. Gotta have my candy-like supps bro. With all these low carb days.. it's all I can get to pretend I'm eating an oreo.

    /rhyming
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!
  15. Senior Member
    Bry17's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    33174
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    12.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Why cap a tasty supplement though? Bah. Capped BCAAs fo' sho'. Capped DAA is a no-no imo. Gotta have my candy-like supps bro. With all these low carb days.. it's all I can get to pretend I'm eating an oreo.

    /rhyming
    Ehh.. I'm a pretty religious pill-popper, simply for its convenience. Maybe it's just me
    Antaeus Rep
  16. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,724
    Rep Power
    189575
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    98.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Why cap a tasty supplement though? Bah. Capped BCAAs fo' sho'. Capped DAA is a no-no imo. Gotta have my candy-like supps bro. With all these low carb days.. it's all I can get to pretend I'm eating an oreo.

    /rhyming
    I agree, I like the taste of DAA and some of the other bulk powders like LCLT and GABA.

  17. Senior Member
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,555
    Rep Power
    1443
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    73.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I agree, I like the taste of DAA and some of the other bulk powders like LCLT and GABA.
    I pop the SNS caps but what does the powder taste like? I'm tempted to open one up just to taste it.
  18. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,724
    Rep Power
    189575
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    98.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    I pop the SNS caps but what does the powder taste like? I'm tempted to open one up just to taste it.
    Give a shot! I like to mix it with a little grape fruit juice. Has a citrus flavor.

  19. Advanced Member
    Eizbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    2631
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    38.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bry17 View Post
    Ehh.. I'm a pretty religious pill-popper, simply for its convenience. Maybe it's just me
    Agree, there's so many other supplements we are drinking, so taking some pills/caps are quite nice for a change..


    Always quailty over quantity! Maybe costs a little more upfront, but it usually results in a lower price in the end anyways...
    TST Powercell and Hard-FX are a great choice for some quality DAA... And they are small, easy swallowing, capsules...
  20. Senior Member
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,555
    Rep Power
    1443
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    73.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Give a shot! I like to mix it with a little grape fruit juice. Has a citrus flavor.
    Bleh! It's REALLY citrus~y!! I think I'll stick to just poppin' the caps!
  21. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,998
    Rep Power
    1801229
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    9.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    I noticed similar things from 2 different bulks and TF. All worked pretty well IMO.

    The reason for trying to increase absorption is the same with any supplement/drug and that is that the better absorbed a product is the more efficiently it can be used by the body and the more can be metabolized per dose. There is really only theory backing up the efforts to increase absorption and no real world research on it past the original study on Na-DAA, which they actually also included other ingredients that were methyl donors. (The theorys behind it all are sound and science backed wasn't trying to disprove them at all just give another view on it.)
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  22. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,432
    Rep Power
    10585125
    Level
    111
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Ive seen a few products offer different delivery forms of DAA or added ingredients to offset one thing or the other, or to enhance it. Didn't the study just use plain DAA? What is the need to further enhance it? Is it dose dependant meaning the more you take the greater the effects?
    Those companies are looking for an excuse to change more, just like when people tout some new form of creatine. DAA absorbs fine on its own.
  23. New Member
    Ash16's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    63
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    53.12%

    I've heard mixing bulk DAA with bi-carb soda makes it more usable by the body.. is there any truth to this at all?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. protein absorbtion
    By Young Gotti in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 03:13 PM
  2. Protein Absorbtion...
    By robotj in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 01:43 PM
  3. absorbtion
    By Dyou in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
  4. Absorbtion of T3...
    By dsw222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Log in
Log in