Absorbtion with DAA, does it matter?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive seen a few products offer different delivery forms of DAA or added ingredients to offset one thing or the other, or to enhance it. Didn't the study just use plain DAA? What is the need to further enhance it? Is it dose dependant meaning the more you take the greater the effects?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used bulk DAA and thought it was crap. Lit-up, TCF-1 and test force 2 are all amazing sources of DAA.

Go quality, not quantity. If you need a discount for TCF-1, I'm more than happy to give you one. PM me man.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
quality is always better than quantity.. if only my girl would understand that haha.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
TCF-1 or Testforce. You can't really go wrong with either one of those.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The study used sodium d-aspartate, which is the form used in TCF-1.

JoeHT

Awards
I've used both TCF-1 and bulk DAA. I get the same results.
For better absorption with bulk DAA use warm water (as oppose to cold) and take it on an empty stomach (1st time in the morning, ~1/2 hr before breakfast).

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The study used sodium d-aspartate, which is the form used in TCF-1.
Any chemists on here feel free to correct me, but the added sodium should increase solubility in water and therefore absorption. Better to go with that than the bulk DAA for any health related concerns and also because the bang for your buck is probably going to even out when you compare how much DAA is actually being absorbed.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like they do sell sodium DAA in bulk. So compare prices and go with a company you trust.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any chemists on here feel free to correct me, but the added sodium should increase solubility in water and therefore absorption. Better to go with that than the bulk DAA for any health related concerns and also because the bang for your buck is probably going to even out when you compare how much DAA is actually being absorbed.
Plus our TCF-1 is already dissolved in a liquid absorption complex.

Edit: Also offering discounts for whoever wants to try tcf-1 lol just send me a PM

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I think SNS sells it for around the same price, not sure and I'm to lazy to check. :p
Yes we do. We offer it in both powder and capsules. And with some of the best price-per-serving in the industry :cool:

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Their capped version is probably one of the cheapest and most convenient i've seen.
Why cap a tasty supplement though? Bah. Capped BCAAs fo' sho'. Capped DAA is a no-no imo. Gotta have my candy-like supps bro. With all these low carb days.. it's all I can get to pretend I'm eating an oreo.

/rhyming

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
Why cap a tasty supplement though? Bah. Capped BCAAs fo' sho'. Capped DAA is a no-no imo. Gotta have my candy-like supps bro. With all these low carb days.. it's all I can get to pretend I'm eating an oreo.

/rhyming
Ehh.. I'm a pretty religious pill-popper, simply for its convenience. Maybe it's just me :nana:

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

/rhyming
I agree, I like the taste of DAA and some of the other bulk powders like LCLT and GABA.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I agree, I like the taste of DAA and some of the other bulk powders like LCLT and GABA.
I pop the SNS caps but what does the powder taste like? I'm tempted to open one up just to taste it.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I pop the SNS caps but what does the powder taste like? I'm tempted to open one up just to taste it.
Give a shot! I like to mix it with a little grape fruit juice. Has a citrus flavor.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Ehh.. I'm a pretty religious pill-popper, simply for its convenience. Maybe it's just me :nana:
Agree, there's so many other supplements we are drinking, so taking some pills/caps are quite nice for a change..

Always quailty over quantity! Maybe costs a little more upfront, but it usually results in a lower price in the end anyways...
TST Powercell and Hard-FX are a great choice for some quality DAA... And they are small, easy swallowing, capsules...

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I noticed similar things from 2 different bulks and TF. All worked pretty well IMO.

The reason for trying to increase absorption is the same with any supplement/drug and that is that the better absorbed a product is the more efficiently it can be used by the body and the more can be metabolized per dose. There is really only theory backing up the efforts to increase absorption and no real world research on it past the original study on Na-DAA, which they actually also included other ingredients that were methyl donors. (The theorys behind it all are sound and science backed wasn't trying to disprove them at all just give another view on it.)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive seen a few products offer different delivery forms of DAA or added ingredients to offset one thing or the other, or to enhance it. Didn't the study just use plain DAA? What is the need to further enhance it? Is it dose dependant meaning the more you take the greater the effects?
Those companies are looking for an excuse to change more, just like when people tout some new form of creatine. DAA absorbs fine on its own.

Ash16

Awards
I've heard mixing bulk DAA with bi-carb soda makes it more usable by the body.. is there any truth to this at all?