The Basics

Just A Hack

Awards
I'm starting back up again after 2yrs of not really working out. I'll put together a basic plan for sups, just want to see if I'm missing anything.
My goals are to gain lean mass, strength, and endurance.

1. Protien:ON Whey Protein

2. PreWorkout: Jacked3d / Xtend

3. PostWorkout: Postal

What am I missing, do I need a multi-vit? Again this is just the basic startup plan. Will go with it for about 4-6 months before getting into maybe a mid-level plan.

Thanks
Just-A-Hack

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm starting back up again after 2yrs of not really working out. I'll put together a basic plan for sups, just want to see if I'm missing anything.
My goals are to gain lean mass, strength, and endurance.

1. Protien:ON Whey Protein

2. PreWorkout: Jacked3d / Xtend

3. PostWorkout: Postal

What am I missing, do I need a multi-vit? Again this is just the basic startup plan. Will go with it for about 4-6 months before getting into maybe a mid-level plan.

Thanks
Just-A-Hack
If you're going with the basics, then you don't need preworkout or postworkout products - these are additional preferences, but not basics.

Instead you should have creatine and a multivitamin. Also make sure you are getting enough good fats - whether from food, oil, or supplementation. You can also chuck some BCAAs in there as well.

Check out The 5 Basic Supplements: The Only Supplements That Are Essential To Your Regime for more on the reasoning behind my recommendations.

Since you're starting back after ~2 years not training, you are essentially starting back in a "beginner" state, and therefore your body will respond like a beginner. Get your nutrition and training correct for your goals, and you should see rapid results for a few weeks - take advantage of it before your body's muscle memory kicks in and progress slows.

~Rosie~

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
I would throw in a multi and some fish oil. As Rosie said, the pre and post aren't really basics. Why not go the cheaper route and just get some creatine mono and some bulk bcaa's. ALthough I do love Jack3d!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fish oil, protein, multi, bcaa, creatine along with proper nutrition