Supps to help maintain muscle in a deficit

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Im going to be coming off a 6wk PH cycle in april, and i plan on doing a 4-5 month recomp. Ive put on 20lbs natty and another 20lbs from the mdrol in 4months total.
So now im looking for a good supplement to help me keep my gains while i drop the calories and progressively increase cardio.
I've taken leanfx before and liked it, are there any other non-hormonal supps that you would recommend?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would suggest to avoid a calorie deficit coming off a cycle. Your goal should be to maintain and keep your gains from the cycle.

But as to your question I think BCAAs work great for maintaing muscle while in a calorie deficit, just my opinion

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is good to try and hold your gains and current calorie level until at least a few weeks after PCT before cutting.

After that however there are a few things you can use to help you hold onto muscle. An amino acid supplement such as NTBMs GEAR would be great in that respect, and is actually what ill be running when I start my cut. Another great thing to do in a cut is boost your test levels and there are a lot of great options out there for test boosters, but I would personally go with a fadogia based test booster like Bridge or HCGenerate.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is good to try and hold your gains and current calorie level until at least a few weeks after PCT before cutting.

After that however there are a few things you can use to help you hold onto muscle. An amino acid supplement such as NTBMs GEAR would be great in that respect, and is actually what ill be running when I start my cut. Another great thing to do in a cut is boost your test levels and there are a lot of great options out there for test boosters, but I would personally go with a fadogia based test booster like Bridge or HCGenerate.
I like the idea of bridge and gear myself right after a cycle.I agree bcaa are a wonderful.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I consider aminos to be a staple, so I rarely even bring them up during a situation like this. The same goes for creatine - make sure you have that in there, too. It's cheap and effective.

As has already been up, make sure you're through a ways of PCT before cutting the cals to ensure you keep the muscle. If you want to lay out what your PCT is by sort of a week-by-week basis, I'd be happy to help chime in with where to add other products in. I'm assuming you've already got a t-booster as part of the PCT, and that will help with keeping muscle, as well.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
i wasnt going to start the cut until after my pct is over, which would be around april. I still have two weeks left on cycle.

my pct will be:
Clomid:50/50/50/50 (100 first 3 days)
Nolva: 20/20/10/10 (40 first 3 days)
With cycle support,pct assist, 10g fishoil, multi-vit, creatine, vit-c
I didnt plan on using anything else. But i have other stuff lying around.
forma-d, novadex-xt, t-911,

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
i use amino acid supp now, but i only take it pre-w/o. In the past i have taken low doses of amino acids throughout the day during a cut. Is this what you guys are referring to?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wasnt going to start the cut until after my pct is over, which would be around april. I still have two weeks left on cycle.

my pct will be:
Clomid:50/50/50/50 (100 first 3 days)
Nolva: 20/20/10/10 (40 first 3 days)
With cycle support,pct assist, 10g fishoil, multi-vit, creatine, vit-c
I didnt plan on using anything else. But i have other stuff lying around.
forma-d, novadex-xt, t-911,
Good deal, man. In my opinion, PCT-Assist is a pretty solid test-booster; I enjoyed it. I wouldn't worry about adding more to it unless you want to attack test-boosting from another channel, but it's not necessary.

i use amino acid supp now, but i only take it pre-w/o. In the past i have taken low doses of amino acids throughout the day during a cut. Is this what you guys are referring to?
I use my BCAAs intra-workout, but I consider them just a daily staple. As for using them during the day on a cut; that's definitely a solid idea, too. I've known many people to do that and I do to a lesser extent, but since I usually eat every 2.5 hours or so, I didn't find it as necessary. But yeah, a little extra BCAAs or leucine in between meals will certainly help (especially the further into a deficit you go).

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea of bridge and gear myself right after a cycle.I agree bcaa are a wonderful.
I almost forgot all about BRIDGE, and it was my favorite POST CYCLE product! This along with BCAAs of course, Super Plasma Protein to compliment GEAR, and a nice adaptogen like EcdyMoprh with some cortisol controlling additive might be a perfect storm (along with creatine).

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off, got to agree that you should not drop calories until a few weeks past PCT. Right now you have little endogenous androgens, so you're a catabolic mess. Reducing calories adds fuel to the fire.

One time I cut after a great cycle, and guess what, it was like I hadn't even cycled. I ended up at the same compostition and weight I was before.

In your case for natural supplements I would recommend X-Factor Advanced. It's good for gains, and can help keep you growing through PCT.

Other than natural, Ostarine SARM works amazingly well. It will help keep androgen receptors lit up, while not being very suppressive at all. Ostarine in PCT seems to be the latest trend.

For real cutting when you get around to it, the best stuff I've used for maintaining muscle mass is anabolics. Bulk natural, cut on cycle.

If you really think about it, it works out better that way. You're not depending on anabolics to make up for your diet or training that way, you earn the pounds!

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice everyone, i will be sure to wait a few weeks after pct, before i drop my calories.
most of the stuff listed costs way more than im willing to spend on a product that is not a PH. Id say 30-40 dollars for a months supply is my max.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
First off, got to agree that you should not drop calories until a few weeks past PCT. Right now you have little endogenous androgens, so you're a catabolic mess. Reducing calories adds fuel to the fire.

One time I cut after a great cycle, and guess what, it was like I hadn't even cycled. I ended up at the same compostition and weight I was before.

In your case for natural supplements I would recommend X-Factor Advanced. It's good for gains, and can help keep you growing through PCT.

Other than natural, Ostarine SARM works amazingly well. It will help keep androgen receptors lit up, while not being very suppressive at all. Ostarine in PCT seems to be the latest trend.

For real cutting when you get around to it, the best stuff I've used for maintaining muscle mass is anabolics. Bulk natural, cut on cycle.

If you really think about it, it works out better that way. You're not depending on anabolics to make up for your diet or training that way, you earn the pounds!
Great post... X2 on the X-Factor Advanced.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Im going to be coming off a 6wk PH cycle in april, and i plan on doing a 4-5 month recomp. Ive put on 20lbs natty and another 20lbs from the mdrol in 4months total.
So now im looking for a good supplement to help me keep my gains while i drop the calories and progressively increase cardio.
I've taken leanfx before and liked it, are there any other non-hormonal supps that you would recommend?
holy cow-40 pounds in 4 months. man you must have been eating everything in sight. what is your bf%?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the advice everyone, i will be sure to wait a few weeks after pct, before i drop my calories.
most of the stuff listed costs way more than im willing to spend on a product that is not a PH. Id say 30-40 dollars for a months supply is my max.
Whenever you're closer to the cut-date, light this thread up again and I'd be happy to help (if you'd like, lol).

Good luck, bro.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
holy cow-40 pounds in 4 months. man you must have been eating everything in sight. what is your bf%?
I gained 42 pounds in 11 days once. No, I am not exaggerating. At all. I ate, and ate, and ate.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
i was coming off a calorie deficit and i was well under my normal weight, plus i was eating around 5k cals a day.
I gained 20lbs naturally and ive gained another 20 so far from mdrol and dermacrine, plus 5k cals a day, less on some days.
im not sure about my bodyfat, prolly around 20

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I would personally go with a fadogia based test booster like Bridge or HCGenerate.
Doesn't APS have a product that's a high dose of fadogia? I wonder what type of feedback it's getting.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I do this, except now I use a pro peptide (MAP) with superior results. You may want to look into Forskolin, great when cutting and retaining LBM imo.

ramon25

Awards
bcaa's for sure. Also gelatin, like regular unflavored gelatine has a muscle sparing effect. A strong one.

ramon25

Awards
bcaa's for sure. Also gelatin, like regular unflavored gelatin has a muscle sparing effect. A strong one.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bcaa's for sure. Also gelatin, like regular unflavored gelatine has a muscle sparing effect. A strong one.
interested to hear where you head this from.. any references or links?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good call bro if you decide on bridge I'll hook ya up.just shoot me a pm.

ramon25

Awards
Where do I get a large amount for cheap?
Amazon sells beef gelatin cheap in bulk. Best one though is great lakes brand. Do between 10-20 grams a day. More is not needed I think if bcaa' are involved. Also take close to bed in hot water-dissolved- as it has a calming effect.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I gained 42 pounds in 11 days once. No, I am not exaggerating. At all. I ate, and ate, and ate.
i would say holy cow- but you already ate it. damn, that is incredible!!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its a little hard to believe you gained a 5 yr. old in a week and a half:think:

My wife didnt gain that in 9 months of pregnancy:D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i hope he ran a colon cleanse after that. his digestive tract must have been a mess.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

I know, all I can say it that it happened, I measured and remeasured on the scale.

The back story makes sense though, MUCH like the post-contest binge when athletes put on 30 pounds in a week after depleting, dehydrating, and not having any refined sugar or flour for over a quarter year - and then indulging.

Plus, I'm a bigger guy, so it's easier for me to gain weight than a pregnant woman at half my size and almost a foot shorter.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
i just ordered 1bottle of erase, 1bottle of shift, and 1 bottle of fadogia500. I plan on using these about 2weeks after pct, with a reduced calorie diet and cardio on wednsday, saturday, with weights on m.t.th.f. sunday will be my off day.

Are these safe to run after the mdrol cylce?