controlled labs new fish oil and fish burps big time

  1. Banned
    benjiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    anniston,al
    Age
    37
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    0

    controlled labs new fish oil and fish burps big time


    first let me say i love controlled labs stuff.but i do not like these fish burps at all i wish i would not have wasted my money on these i was using now and had no fish burps.but they claim no fish burps cl did but that is a lie.no i have to buy more fish oil i cant handle these fish burps as much cl stuff as i have bought my cabinet is full of there stuff i should get a 20 dollar credit for somthing else cl.this sucks

  2. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,059
    Rep Power
    45133

    Quote Originally Posted by benjiman View Post
    first let me say i love controlled labs stuff.but i do not like these fish burps at all i wish i would not have wasted my money on these i was using now and had no fish burps.but they claim no fish burps cl did but that is a lie.no i have to buy more fish oil i cant handle these fish burps as much cl stuff as i have bought my cabinet is full of there stuff i should get a 20 dollar credit for somthing else cl.this sucks
    Most people recommend putting the caps in the freezer. If that doesnt work, check the bottle or the website, most supplement companies have a money back guarentee. CL might have one.
  3. Registered User
    justiceTX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    127094

    I used to get the burps and found the best thing for me is waiting about 10 mins after a meal, then taking the pills with a full glass of water. And I also spread out my doses. Like 2 in the morning, 2 evening.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    4531′12″N 12240′55″W
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1316

    Fish burps suck, and so does flax burps! I use NOW now and haven't had that problem since changing over.
  5. Registered User
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    574

    Ive never gotten fish burps. Interesting, I use sundown naturals from publix. They do give me indigestin sometimes.
  6. Registered User
    Gavin9's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    160

    fish burps are the worst. ewwwwwwww
  7. Registered User
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    1387

    Take the gel capsules alongside food to eliminate the fish burps.
  8. Registered User
    Xerxes's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    291

    As stated previously try storing them in the freezer. This alters the speed that the fish oil is metabolized by your body. Lowering the oils temperature reduces the speed at which the fish oil is broken down, thus limiting/reducing "fish oil burps."

    Or you could try buying a brand whose capsule is coated to prevent fishy after taste and thus fish oil burps. Capsules that are coated with a protecting layer don't break down until they are further along in the digestive system, thus reducing fish oil burps.

    Take your fish oil with a meal. You should take most supplements with meals, there are exceptions of course (N.O., some fat burners, etc.). By taking your fish oil with a meal, the oil mixes with the food in the digestive tract and reduces the chances of the byproducts (i.e. burps) from escaping.
  9. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Rep Power
    191395

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    Take the gel capsules alongside food to eliminate the fish burps.
    Yup fish oils should be taken with food anyway, so the oil is not burned as energy.
  10. Banned
    benjiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    anniston,al
    Age
    37
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    0

    well i have started taking them with food and i keep them in the frezzer .it has help still get them some times but not as bad.think i will stay with now from now on.but i still like a lot of cl products.there multi is a staple of mine.
  11. Registered User
    Wheyfocused's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    561

    Putting the caps in the freezer is a great way to prolong shelf life as well
  12. Registered User
    Jorsn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    11703

    Weird, They never gave me fish burps. Freezer trick sounds interesting.
  13. Registered User
    Wheyfocused's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    561

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn View Post
    Weird, They never gave me fish burps. Freezer trick sounds interesting.
    Kind of fun taking a frozen pill too
  14. Registered User
    TommyTuffGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    58479

    Honestly, I have never gotten fish burps from Controlled Lab's pills and have used them a bunch. But it seems weird their big selling point is no fish burps with them and there are lots of threads dedicated specifically for controlled labs and fishy burps.???
  15. Registered User
    Mrodz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    31
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    9203

    Hmmmm....I like the freezer idea
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep


  16. Registered User
    Wheyfocused's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    561

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTuffGuy View Post
    Honestly, I have never gotten fish burps from Controlled Lab's pills and have used them a bunch. But it seems weird their big selling point is no fish burps with them and there are lots of threads dedicated specifically for controlled labs and fishy burps.???
    In my view, the best thing about the Oximega fishoil is that it is third party tested so you know exactly what you are getting unlike many other brands
  17. Registered User
    biggerthantex's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Age
    29
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    141

    they actually make a fish oil that has an extra coating and it is designed not to release the oil until it is ready to be digested. So no burps.
  18. Registered User
    Wheyfocused's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    561

    Quote Originally Posted by biggerthantex View Post
    they actually make a fish oil that has an extra coating and it is designed not to release the oil until it is ready to be digested. So no burps.
    CL Oximega Fishoils are Enteric coated
  19. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Killinois
    Posts
    7,375
    Rep Power
    724205

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Most people recommend putting the caps in the freezer. If that doesnt work, check the bottle or the website, most supplement companies have a money back guarentee. CL might have one.
    I was going to recommend that as well, but I know Omega 3's are really unstable, would freezing them damage the omega 3's?

    If they are enteric coated then they shouldnt be giving you fishy burps...
  20. Registered User
    Wheyfocused's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    561

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I was going to recommend that as well, but I know Omega 3's are really unstable, would freezing them damage the omega 3's?

    If they are enteric coated then they shouldnt be giving you fishy burps...
    No, freezing them will not cause a problem
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fish oil burps - YECH!
    By DGA3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 04:46 PM
  2. Tip: Eliminate/Alleviate Fish Burps
    By ccnAbolic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 05:49 PM
  3. Fish Oil Burps
    By rankbull in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 05:56 PM
  4. Omega 3 oils with no fish burps
    By BryanM in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 08:17 AM
  5. Fish Oil Burps
    By CDB in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in