GDAs/Nutrient Partitioners UK

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have some photographers wishing to book physique photoshoots with me so it gives me that little extra motivation to sharpen up my physique.

I love these supplements and use it to bulk more efficiently without going overboard on the body fat. At the moment I am around 8% body fat and intend to get a couple of pounds of extra muscle on me and get down to 6% fat.

Options;

- Glycobol, available in the UK but renowned for causing diarrhoea and I have a very sensitive stomach so haven't bought this.
- Need 2 Slin. Available but from only one retailer at a cost which works out to be around $75 USD. Almost double Glycobol.
- Anabolic Pump. I tried this and found it less effective than almost every other GDA I have used.
- PSlin. Very expensive for 30 capsules. Not a problem if it delivers as they say but my AP review would not be positive enough to put faith in something that is almost $1.50 USD per capsule.
- Slin Sane. I was looking into this as it made it to the UK recently but with the reviews of people saying they were taking 2-3 per serving it worked out less cost effective than me buying a wholesale supplement from Designs for Health.
- BSN Cheaters Relief.
- Recompadrol. Not available in the UK as far as I am aware.

So, cast your votes please. Any comments to justify your votes would be appreciated.

Thank you.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i can only say that i use slin-sane and like it very much. i tried glycobol and no matter how i dosed it or what carbs i ate i couldnt hack it for more than a few days. never tried any of the others. would certainly try n2slin accept it has forksohli in it and that really tears me up. btw i only use 1 slin-sane per dose 3x/day. id say if you can get the glycobol trial size to try it out

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Helpful comments, thank you. It doesn't really matter how good it looks on paper if it keeps me on the toilet!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
you could make up your own -select the ingredients that appeal to you and have somewrite up behind them to supprt their action from the supplements that have appealed to you . it could be just one supp or a combination of several ingredients.

also have a read of the thread " best-insulin-mimikers" in particular post by MAxximal titled list of glucose disposal agents.If you do decide to make up your own , pm meand ill give you further details.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, I participated in that thread and actually bought Neovar Recomped because a certain health food shop was selling 240 caps cheaper than any of the other options so it was worth a go. It was you who pointed out how cheap is was being sold for. I would prefer something without creatine in because I could take multiple servings per day on carb ups and I would be going through up to 30 caps per day.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm really interested about nutrient partitioners in UK too because I'm another European.. Never tried any nutrient partitioner but I thought about buying a sample of Glycobol and a bottle of P-Slin, Slin Sane, Anabolic Pump, SLIN or Insu-Stim. Which one of these five nutrient partitioners is the most cost-effective one? There is not much feedback about SLIN or Insu-Stim..

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried a few and I will tell you that thus far my favorite is far and away Need2Slin. I did just start Recompadrol for the first time a few days ago, but N2S was superior to many others I tried.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Perhaps not very sexy but certainly proven........

Boring old cheap cinnamon powder, apple cider vinegar shots and Gymnema Sylvestre

All the others gave me diarrhea

With sweet food and in my p-shakes, I sprinkle cinnamon powder on/in.

For salty foods or non-sweet meals: I slug a 1-ounce shot of vinegar

I have used gymnema sylvestre before when bulking with carbs and it seems to help offset the post-prandial carb-induced malaise so anecdotally it seemed to have been doing something positive for me.

FWIW: I have yet to see any convincing studies indicating the preferential shuttling and alleged disposal into muscle cells (glycogen) via increased glycogen storage capacity or otherwise verses simply cramming these carbs into adipocytes and out of the blood stream.

I hope no one gets bent out of shape here - I am just relaying my personal observations. I am sure some of the sponsors on here will be livid I gave my personal opinon here as it MIGHT hurt their sales. Sorry. Just keeping it real.

:)

corsaking

Awards
  • Established

Boring old cheap cinnamon powder, apple cider vinegar shots and Gymnema Sylvestre

I have used gymnema sylvestre before when bulking with carbs and it seems to help offset the post-prandial carb-induced malaise so anecdotally it seemed to have been doing something positive for me.

FWIW: I have yet to see any convincing studies indicating the preferential shuttling and alleged disposal into muscle cells (glycogen) via increased glycogen storage capacity or otherwise verses simply cramming these carbs into adipocytes and out of the blood stream.

I hope no one gets bent out of shape here - I am just relaying my personal observations. I am sure some of the sponsors on here will be livid I gave my personal opinon here as it MIGHT hurt their sales. Sorry. Just keeping it real.

i must admit ive found no difference at all when i stopped taking gda s , ive used glycobol, neovar and put together my own combination , ala, banaba leaf with 1 percent corosolic acid and gymnema sylvestre i still use ala for its antioxidant properties and usually take it around a pre /post wo meal just in case, .i also sprinkle cinnamon on food too

i saw a top bodybuilder on LA MUSCLE TV channel using it and he said it controlled sugar levels , so whats good for him is good for me.
All these substances seem to have potential if your diabetic so in a healthy person would there be any effect? im not sure .

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried a few and I will tell you that thus far my favorite is far and away Need2Slin. I did just start Recompadrol for the first time a few days ago, but N2S was superior to many others I tried.
Would you rate Need 2 Slin worth it considering it is around $75 for one bottle? I have no issue spending money on good supplements but would be reluctant to spend this much when something like Designs for Health Endotrim costs me $30.

What others have you tried and how would you rate them in comparison?

It is a good point. Anecdotally upon completing Biosignature and doing insulin protocols with individuals fat loss was always a lot faster. I had stalled at 11.4% (measured by Charles), went on an insulin protocol and took out whey shakes between meals and continued to lose fat.

I actually use it because carbing up is horrible for my stomach. I have been low carb for a while simply because I cannot digest most forms of starch. Potatoes I am ok with, small portions of rice. Anything with gluten in, and most gluten free grains give me GI discomfort and make me want to fall asleep within the hour. GDAs so far have allowed me to go up to 150g of dextrose/maltodextrin/waxy maize starch etc in protein shakes without feeling like I need a nap afterwards. To me, this is where the real value has come in.

LG Slin is a possibility but the formula looks very basic on UK pages, regular ALA rather than sodium or potassium bonded R versions? No percentages given on extracts either. On paper I would lean towards Glycobol at the same price for the same size bottle.

Appreciate the input here guys, please keep it coming. I am happy to receive as much anecdotal evidence as possible.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I have some photographers wishing to book physique photoshoots with me so it gives me that little extra motivation to sharpen up my physique.

I love these supplements and use it to bulk more efficiently without going overboard on the body fat. At the moment I am around 8% body fat and intend to get a couple of pounds of extra muscle on me and get down to 6% fat.

Options;

- Glycobol, available in the UK but renowned for causing diarrhoea and I have a very sensitive stomach so haven't bought this.
- Need 2 Slin. Available but from only one retailer at a cost which works out to be around $75 USD. Almost double Glycobol.
- Anabolic Pump. I tried this and found it less effective than almost every other GDA I have used.
- PSlin. Very expensive for 30 capsules. Not a problem if it delivers as they say but my AP review would not be positive enough to put faith in something that is almost $1.50 USD per capsule.
- Slin Sane. I was looking into this as it made it to the UK recently but with the reviews of people saying they were taking 2-3 per serving it worked out less cost effective than me buying a wholesale supplement from Designs for Health.
- BSN Cheaters Relief.
- Recompadrol. Not available in the UK as far as I am aware.

So, cast your votes please. Any comments to justify your votes would be appreciated.

Thank you.
I've tried every single one you listed, and for your specific goals, I'd say Recompadrol and Need 2 Slin are the best choices. Cheater's Relief is a nice cost effective product, used it on and off for years, but for weight loss it's definitely the two I mentioned because of the HCA, na-r-ALA, as well as Vanadium! :)

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I've tried every single one you listed, and for your specific goals, I'd say Recompadrol and Need 2 Slin are the best choices. Cheater's Relief is a nice cost effective product, used it on and off for years, but for weight loss it's definitely the two I mentioned because of the HCA, na-r-ALA, as well as Vanadium! :)
weight loss -the term implies a general reduction in weight.Correct me if im wrong but i dont think the OP requires that .Sharpening up of the physique to me implies retaining muscle whilest loosing fat. Something we all strive for.

weight loss would mean some reduction in muscle mass as well as fat;if that is what the op want then as suggested it looks as though the two products suit.Personally i would be looking for a gda which shuttles nutrients into muscle only giving them a fuller look and not encouraging fat storage.

Clever Mouse

Awards
Slin-Sane and na-nala (300+mg) is a nice solution for nutrient partitioning, IME. Minimum of gastrointestinal side effects. Take 30 minutes before every meal, empty stomach.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea I was going to suggest need2slin but you beat me to it.I've heard good things about recompadrol as well.

theres alot of great ideas in this thread though I like the direction its going.I learn something new everyday and this thread seems to be no different.keep the ideas and info flowing.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
weight loss -the term implies a general reduction in weight.Correct me if im wrong but i dont think the OP requires that .Sharpening up of the physique to me implies retaining muscle whilest loosing fat. Something we all strive for.

weight loss would mean some reduction in muscle mass as well as fat;if that is what the op want then as suggested it looks as though the two products suit.Personally i would be looking for a gda which shuttles nutrients into muscle only giving them a fuller look and not encouraging fat storage.
Obviously... I don't advocate muscle loss. This is a bodybuilding forum. Weight loss is synonymous with a favorable shift in body composition. I'm sure the OP wasn't confused. The fastest way to 'weight' loss, would be to stop eating, or puke after you eat, followed by a few hours on the treadmill until you black out, for a few weeks.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are there trial sample bottles of Need to Slin available at UK retailers? My most religious use is post training with as many carbs as I can handle without adverse side effects. I would like to know how well it works as it is over twice the price of Slin Sane, Slin and almost twice the price of Glycobol and Anabolic Pump.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Are there trial sample bottles of Need to Slin available at UK retailers? My most religious use is post training with as many carbs as I can handle without adverse side effects. I would like to know how well it works as it is over twice the price of Slin Sane, Slin and almost twice the price of Glycobol and Anabolic Pump.
It seems like the specific function your looking for in the supplement is post-workout insulin modulation, so that being said, I'd say Need 2 Slin is the absolute best choice. In all honesty, if you were looking for something purely pre-workout to enhance the pump, or something to mitigate adipogenesis then I would suggest something different such as Recompadrol.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Need 2 Slin is in my book expensive for what it is , the ingredients are very familiar and some form the basis of most gda s Retail price in the UK iso almost £60
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Gymnema sylvestre
NaR-ALA
Banaba leaf:

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Another European customer here that would love to see a trial size bottle. I looked into this product when it first arrived in the UK and, although most logs/reviews are positive, there are a few users who reported quite bad bloating/water retention after about 10 days and ended up stopping the product.

For me £60 is just too much to spend on a product that may or may not work. I'll be interested in what product you decide to use and whether it works for you.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Need 2 Slin is in my book expensive for what it is , the ingredients are very familiar and some form the basis of most gda s Retail price in the UK iso almost £60
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Gymnema sylvestre
NaR-ALA
Banaba leaf:
I was only suggested the best for what the member asked for, price is always a moot point when I offer advice because I can't take someone's budget into account, I can only offer them the best tools to achieve their desires end result.

As far as cost, if someone were to come out with a product identical to NTBM's with the same quality and proven efficacy from thousands of users, and offer it for less, I'd buy it!! :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slin-Sane and na-nala (300+mg) is a nice solution for nutrient partitioning, IME. Minimum of gastrointestinal side effects. Take 30 minutes before every meal, empty stomach.
Slight pimp....Slinsane is available in the UK.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How good is Slin Sane with very high carb meals when compared with the competition? I take 6 x Neovar post workout and it feels similar to 250mg Na-R-Ala, it works but doesn't do as good a job as Fenuplex.

TSV

Awards
I know of a few users who prefer to take two caps with very high-carb meals, but the vast majority of users get the results they are looking for at one cap per serving (two caps per day is the sweet spot for most people).

How good is Slin Sane with very high carb meals when compared with the competition?
I've personally never had to go above one cap for a single meal. Like I said above, a few people choose to take a couple caps before very high-carb meals, but they are a very small minority of the users I have encountered.

Out of curiosity, when you say "very high-carb" meals, about how many grams of carbs are you referring to?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take in as many carbs from dextrose/maltodextrin post workout as I can without 1) feeling like I need to take a nap 2) getting GI discomfort 3) my body fat going up.

At the moment I am on around 150g of carb powders post workout.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I take in as many carbs from dextrose/maltodextrin post workout as I can without 1) feeling like I need to take a nap 2) getting GI discomfort 3) my body fat going up.

when i read statements like that , i realise i dont have enough.

post workout approx 10 gms of dextrose with avg size sweet potatoe about 50 gm of carbs and 30 gms of oats total 90 gms although thinking about it i may get close cos i have plenty of veggies with the post wo meal , so on reflection might not be too bad.

the loading of carbs is however staggered as opposed to being at one go

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The need for carbs post workout can be debated as much as possible with regards to glycogen replenishment, insulin spike, muscle protein synthesis, cortisol blunting etc.

For me it is literally an excuse to get in as much as possible calorie wise. If I go up to 10% then i know i have been dosing too highly. My GDA is just to assist this.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I am getting just over 70g total post workout, have been for a few months now. Karbo-LYN is phenomenal, and I also mega-dose BCAAs with a high Leucine ratio.

Also, something I do invariably, is take Need 2 Slin after the workout. I feel it greatly reduces bloating.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you offer sample packs of Need 2 Slin in the UK? The profile is intriguing but for $75 USD equivalent I am unlikely to purchase this without knowing anyone who has taken it personally. Internet reviews can only hold so much weight with N2BM products because I have no idea who the reps are supposed to be anymore, there are too many of them for me to keep track.

I would be interested to know how many carbs people are using with these products as something a little more qualitative when recommending them.

How many tablets/capsules do you take for 70g of Karbo-Lyn?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Do you offer sample packs of Need 2 Slin in the UK? The profile is intriguing but for $75 USD equivalent I am unlikely to purchase this without knowing anyone who has taken it personally. Internet reviews can only hold so much weight with N2BM products because I have no idea who the reps are supposed to be anymore, there are too many of them for me to keep track.

I would be interested to know how many carbs people are using with these products as something a little more qualitative when recommending them.

How many tablets/capsules do you take for 70g of Karbo-Lyn?
Hey BDCC,

I'm not sure if Nathan offers sample packets internationally, but I do know he has sample packs on the website where you can choose a few different products to try.

As far as the dosage with my post-workout meal, I always have 2 caps. Ideally, I should have the caps 30 minutes before drinking the post workout shake, but I usually take them at the same time.

TSV

Awards

I use Slin-Sane for the first reason that you stated, and even when consuming carbs in excess of 100 grams per meal, I've always felt that one cap was plenty. That said, I encourage anyone here to share their anecdotal feedback if they happen to have any. Again, based on my own encounters with Slin-Sane users, nearly everyone I've spoken to is completely satisfied with using a single cap for a meal.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
bdcc

hi there should br a pm in your in box

regards

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey BDCC,

I'm not sure if Nathan offers sample packets internationally, but I do know he has sample packs on the website where you can choose a few different products to try.

As far as the dosage with my post-workout meal, I always have 2 caps. Ideally, I should have the caps 30 minutes before drinking the post workout shake, but I usually take them at the same time.
Thank you for the input. I would have to try a sample packet of this before I bought it as I could buy one bottle of Slin Sane with one bottle of Glycobol for less than it costs for one bottle of Need 2 Slin.

I use Slin-Sane for the first reason that you stated, and even when consuming carbs in excess of 100 grams per meal, I've always felt that one cap was plenty. That said, I encourage anyone here to share their anecdotal feedback if they happen to have any. Again, based on my own encounters with Slin-Sane users, nearly everyone I've spoken to is completely satisfied with using a single cap for a meal.
Thanks for this.

I would like to hear more feedback if there is anyone who has tried numerous products as so far it is mostly reps saying their product is good rather than a comparison.

Otherwise it looks like Slin Sane is the winner. I wouldn't take anything that is likely to rearrange my stomach so Glycobol is out and Need 2 Slin is too expensive for me to take it for a test run as I don't know anyone personally who has taken the product.

Any other feedback is welcomed though.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the input. I would have to try a sample packet of this before I bought it as I could buy one bottle of Slin Sane with one bottle of Glycobol for less than it costs for one bottle of Need 2 Slin.

Thanks for this.

I would like to hear more feedback if there is anyone who has tried numerous products as so far it is mostly reps saying their product is good rather than a comparison.

Otherwise it looks like Slin Sane is the winner. I wouldn't take anything that is likely to rearrange my stomach so Glycobol is out and Need 2 Slin is too expensive for me to take it for a test run as I don't know anyone personally who has taken the product.

Any other feedback is welcomed though.
No problem at all - I'm always glad to help out and offer my feedback. Please excuse me, but I forget what your primary goal was with these product, are you trying to recomp, lose weight, get a better pump? The reason why I ask, is because Slin Sane is something I have used in the past, it's excellent for pre-workout. I actually used to be a rep for Genomyx, and bought many of their products out of my own pockets. I liked Slin Sane so much I went out and bought the components of the product individually to dose prior to my preworkout meal, with a little Cinnulin-PF added in for good measure.

Another thing to keep in mind though, is that Need 2 Slin can potentially last a very long time, and it is truly unique in that it also stimulated glucose disposal through the cAMP pathway, which no other GDA or mimetic does. For this reason, I won't stray from Need 2 Slin, although I will often add in complimentary products such as Recompadrol, of which I just ordered another three bottles this week.

So my daily protocol consists of Cinnulin-PF, Gymnema 75%, Need 2 Slin, Recompadrol, and HCA capsules I make myself from raw 50% Garcinia Cambogia powder.

PS: I just wanted to add that I spent a good couple hours yesterday researching bitter melon and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine. I can't find either in bulk powder, in respectable extract amounts at least. But, I am buying a kg of a few other mimetics this week from a supplier I know.

TSV

Awards
I hear you there. Hopefully another user or two will chime in about the dosing and the GI concerns. You will take the following words with a grain of salt (and considering my biased position, I certainly don't blame you for it), but I can confidently say that I haven't encountered a single user who experienced GI issues from Slin-Sane.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
bdcc
how are you getting on with slin -sane?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not bought the Slin Sane or any other GDA yet. I finished Neovar a couple of days ago and have a week or so left on K-R-Ala.

I am thinking about doing a photo journal prior to my photo shoot but haven't been totally convinced by any of those on offer.

If anything I would lean towards Slin Sane to try simply because it is cheaper to test out. It is hard to be persuaded when the majority of participants in this thread are company reps. It would be nice to have some UK reviews because they are less likely to have company affiliations. Just a thought.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I have not bought the Slin Sane or any other GDA yet. I finished Neovar a couple of days ago and have a week or so left on K-R-Ala.

I am thinking about doing a photo journal prior to my photo shoot but haven't been totally convinced by any of those on offer.

If anything I would lean towards Slin Sane to try simply because it is cheaper to test out. It is hard to be persuaded when the majority of participants in this thread are company reps. It would be nice to have some UK reviews because they are less likely to have company affiliations. Just a thought.
yes i agree -UK reviews seem lacking on anything-i subscribe to muscletalk but with no disrespect to any MT subscribers who may read this, the posts on there are not as in depth as you can find on here and more like chatting down the pub, just my view

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes i agree -UK reviews seem lacking on anything-i subscribe to muscletalk but with no disrespect to any MT subscribers who may read this, the posts on there are not as in depth as you can find on here and more like chatting down the pub, just my view
I have spoken to the owner of one of the more popular companies on here regarding UK presence in the market. He said that breaking into it for a US company is very hard because they received a lot of hostility when they release anything on the forums.

You only have to look at the large companies dominating the market like Maximuscle, LA Muscle, Sci-MX, USN and Reflex to see that innovation is nowhere near as fast as it is in the USA. New products very rarely get released and their strong products are still based around ingredients like A-AKG and Methoxy Isoflavone.

The idea of a GDA is not even considered here. It is crying out for someone to take charge.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I have spoken to the owner of one of the more popular companies on here regarding UK presence in the market. He said that breaking into it for a US company is very hard because they received a lot of hostility when they release anything on the forums.

You only have to look at the large companies dominating the market like Maximuscle, LA Muscle, Sci-MX, USN and Reflex to see that innovation is nowhere near as fast as it is in the USA. New products very rarely get released and their strong products are still based around ingredients like A-AKG and Methoxy Isoflavone.

The idea of a GDA is not even considered here. It is crying out for someone to take charge.
it begs the question why they are holding another Bodypower expo at the NEC

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Supplements 14
GreenMachineX Supplements 38
Mathb33 Anabolics 6
ELROCK Supplement Auction 7
Supplements 11