D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects - AnabolicMinds.com

D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

Page 1 of 17 1236 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

I've ran a few cycles of DAA some for 12 days some for 3 or 4 weeks. I've noted no noticeable negative side effect.

HOWEVER, I keep seeing random posts in DAA topics about DAA causing harm to the nmda receptor? What's up with this I'm? I don't want to use anything That's gonna **** me up.

Discussion please!!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I saw a thread of DR. D claiming it was healthy for that receptor as long as you did not stimulate for long periods of time and that taking a break at no less than half the time on would help. Also something about this receptor helping animals survival modes. Search Dr d on DAA itl come up

3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by greekgeorge View Post
    I saw a thread of DR. D claiming it was healthy for that receptor as long as you did not stimulate for long periods of time and that taking a break at no less than half the time on would help. Also something about this receptor helping animals survival modes. Search Dr d on DAA itl come up
    It's a very interesting read and DR.D is a genius, so I tend to feel pretty safe when taking daa.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

I had a really bad breakout when my DAA ran out. Whats up with that?

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I've ran a few cycles of DAA some for 12 days some for 3 or 4 weeks. I've noted no noticeable negative side effect.

HOWEVER, I keep seeing random posts in DAA topics about DAA causing harm to the nmda receptor? What's up with this I'm? I don't want to use anything That's gonna **** me up.

Discussion please!!
    Dude, can't deal with DAA at all, took it for two weeks, had the worst psychological affects on me big time, I'm always happy, took this stuff, and was alwasy depressed, major mood swings, wil never use again

6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by droyal View Post
    Dude, can't deal with DAA at all, took it for two weeks, had the worst psychological affects on me big time, I'm always happy, took this stuff, and was alwasy depressed, major mood swings, wil never use again
    I get no BB'ing gains from DAA but I keep taking it because I love how I feel on it.. And my balls get freaking massive lol

7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I get no BB'ing gains from DAA but I keep taking it because I love how I feel on it.. And my balls get freaking massive lol
    Massive balls are always good except when you're running sprints in boxers!

8. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by greekgeorge View Post
    dr.d knows his daa!!!

i also found a thread where dinoii says he read a study saying that aspartame at 5-6 grams daily for 24 weeks showed no signs of brain disorder. probably the closest to a clinical daa study you will find, imo.

my advice, run it for short cycles of a month or less just to be cautious, with the same amount of off time before running again-this is for us guys who don't have bad reactions to it. if you have bad reactions to it you would be a fool to continue using.

9. Diamond Member
    Answers

my libido tanked, but i got great bb gains-just goes to show.......

10. Diamond Member
    Answers

I read a lot on DAA and excitotoxicity. As DAA is new in the bodybuilding world everything I read was subjective.

Quotes like this from some of the 'experts' in formula creation for a couple of the companies/company owners/scientists etc.

"I don't think it will be a problem in high doses"
    "Take appropriate time off between cycles"

I wasn't convinced because it was a hypothesis at best. What is a "high dose"? Some people reported serious psychological effects from taking it at recommended doses but others didn't.

So, a high dose for one may not be a high dose for another. It makes sense that time on:time off ratios would be different for people as well when considering safety.

This isn't like a PCT or hormonal cycle where you get a hormonal profile, liver, lipid etc to see if they are ready to run again. How are you going to assess any damage caused?

People have been on DAA for much longer periods of time than the initial 12 day and reported "no ill effects" but again, this was based on how they felt.

Just my thoughts on it.

11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

And my balls get freaking massive lol
    LOL....I could have used some of that a few times on high risk warrants.
    Training around a jacked up neck.

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    LOL....I could have used some of that a few times on high risk warrants.

Big balls and automatics lol

13. New Member
    Answers

Don't have any comments on the science side of it.. But I took it for 12 days and had to stop.. Seriously affected my psyche. I will probably take it on my next PCT but only for 7-10 days.. At first the effects were tollerable but it got to be too much..

14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    my libido tanked, but i got great bb gains-just goes to show.......
    What helps your libido? Maybe that's what I need for bb gains lol

15. Diamond Member
    Answers

Stuff is amazing. Only side effect is the runs for a few days after starting it. I get a huge boost in libido and also strength gains and fat loss.

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Answers

i am on it 4 first tme and freakin lovin it. I am going to add to future pct

17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Those that are prone to anxiety or stress tend to experience the negative emotional effects when using DAA.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. New Member
    Answers

same here...gave me a really uneasy feeling...just didn't feel right.

19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Those of you that had bad experiences, did you alter the time of day you took it? Space out the doses? Try it with and without food, etc?
    Training around a jacked up neck.

20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Answers

What helps your libido? Maybe that's what I need for bb gains lol
    I also noticed testical swelling which was good, but my libido seemed unchanged. recovery from workouts seemed faster. no psyce issues for me.

i was suprised my semen vol. didn't increase, anyone else have simular effect??

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Answers

ive heard it can raise prolactin levels, is this true?

22. Elite Member
    Answers

DAA gave me bad headaches and extremely high libido.

23. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    ive heard it can raise prolactin levels, is this true?
    To a point, but the cycle your running would be short - all you'd need to do is run some type of GH product to counteract that.

24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds like how I felt on 6-OXO (higher end of the dose range).

Quote Originally Posted by mikeshark00 View Post
    I also noticed testical swelling which was good, but my libido seemed unchanged. recovery from workouts seemed faster. no psyce issues for me.

i was suprised my semen vol. didn't increase, anyone else have simular effect??
    Used TCF-1 during PCT and got some balls swelling and high libido but no increase in semen vol.

I dosed it first thing in the morning before breakfast and i felt great! Better than a cup of coffee I'd say.

Bought the SNS bulk caps for my upcoming cycle. We'll see how it compares

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

really didnt get alot out of it..i was ok for about 5 days then my libido tanked as well..

26. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Those that are prone to anxiety or stress tend to experience the negative emotional effects when using DAA.

I am not entirely convinced that is true. Well what i mean is that i am not saying these people dont feel that way but i think it could be that they worry that the stuff might make them feel that way and then its a self fullfiling prophecy (because they read all that scary stuff people post about it)

i am subject to stress and anxiety and i never had any such problem with the stuff. i actually felt better. I know other similar folk with same result

27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    I am not entirely convinced that is true. Well what i mean is that i am not saying these people dont feel that way but i think it could be that they worry that the stuff might make them feel that way and then its a self fullfiling prophecy (because they read all that scary stuff people post about it)

i am subject to stress and anxiety and i never had any such problem with the stuff. i actually felt better. I know other similar folk with same result
    What about the worries on the Nmda receptor?

28. Featured Author
    Answers

What about the worries on the Nmda receptor?

I havent seen evidence suggesting that such toxicity will happen with the oral daa. I have seen evidence suggesting it will not, such as a rat study and the aspartame study mentioned earlier in this thread

29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

FWIW with my line of work and night school I am too and DAA makes me feel nice and alpha, positive mood all day.

30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Big balls and automatics lol

Damn, whats that sucker in the middle?

31. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Here is the fact, We are dealing with a known excitotoxin. The acute studies that information is being pulled from is a bit ominous in my opinion. We are dosing a known excitotoxin at supra physiological levels with no long term real research. There is a resounding crowd that provides the same response of increased anxiety, mood swings, and depression.

There are things I will try that have known or theoretical side effects because the juice is worth the squeeze. My brain is not one of em.
    The Historic PES Legend

32. JJC
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Here is the fact, We are dealing with a known excitotoxin. The acute studies that information is being pulled from is a bit ominous in my opinion. We are dosing a known excitotoxin at supra physiological levels with no long term real research. There is a resounding crowd that provides the same response of increased anxiety, mood swings, and depression.

There are things I will try that have known or theoretical side effects because the juice is worth the squeeze. My brain is not one of em.
    To piggy back this, we know that it is an NMDA receptor agonist. We know that everyone's body is different. Put those together and we know that everyone will respond differently to this when it acts as a neurotransmitter.

It is USELESS to surmise whose mood will benefit from this positively and whose will not. Your level of stress from your day to day activities is of no consequence when you are introducing an excitotoxin into your brain. At a chemical level, your brain doesn't care what you just did today (when introducing unnatural amounts of chemicals to promote a response).

This isn't to say that I'm against using DAA, just know that you cannot project other people's experiences onto yourself. You have to be comfortable with the fact that you won't know how you will respond.

33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    To piggy back this, we know that it is an NMDA receptor agonist. We know that everyone's body is different. Put those together and we know that everyone will respond differently to this when it acts as a neurotransmitter.

It is USELESS to surmise whose mood will benefit from this positively and whose will not. Your level of stress from your day to day activities is of no consequence when you are introducing an excitotoxin into your brain. At a chemical level, your brain doesn't care what you just did today (when introducing unnatural amounts of chemicals to promote a response).

This isn't to say that I'm against using DAA, just know that you cannot project other people's experiences onto yourself. You have to be comfortable with the fact that you won't know how you will respond.

34. New Member
    Answers

I never read anything about problems prior to experiencing them.. I actually felt pretty good for a week but then the good turned into bad.. It definately has affects outside of simple test production.. Like the guy above said "it is better than my morning cup of coffee."

I will use it in my next PCT but only for 7-10 days..

35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

No problemos here with this boy and DAA!

Love pump is working awesomely ... and I'm always thinking about my wife! LOL.

No perceived problems with my mental / emotional state either - though I'm not a good subject for that kind of stuff. I have two brain cells and one thinks about sex and the other about lifting ... they're both occupied pretty much all the time! No real "complexity" to my very 2-dimensional tiny brain!

36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

thanks everyone

37. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

This echoes my thoughts perfectly. With this type of substance I would prefer to consider it guilty until proven innocent.

38. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    This echoes my thoughts perfectly. With this type of substance I would prefer to consider it guilty until proven innocent.
    My thoughts exactly, I ordered some, but I dont think I am going to use it now.

39. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I did some research before I bought a tub from NP and thought I would give it a run to see if it lived up to the hype.

I got a wierd headache the seemed to be in the center of my brain, it was constant - not overpowering but strong enough to know something was not right. That was from day one.

The DAA is now on the shelf until further notice.

40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by buck6196 View Post
    I did some research before I bought a tub from NP and thought I would give it a run to see if it lived up to the hype.

I got a wierd headache the seemed to be in the center of my brain, it was constant - not overpowering but strong enough to know something was not right. That was from day one.

The DAA is now on the shelf until further notice.
    Something I posted for our reps- I will put it up here as well:

Couple quick reads on methylation- this is the key to how the Lit-Up formula minimizes any type of potential side effects from D-Aspartic Acid:

http://ceu-usa.com/courses/WC001/tes...tion_cycle.htm
    http://hopes.stanford.edu/n3619/drug...ion/folic-acid

This is why some people get depressed or anxious on regular DAA products- DAA activates the NMDA receptor, and NMDA activation, while ok in itself, is not good in excess. When homocysteine begins to build up (it is a by-product in the SAM-e cycle), it can actually cause additional excess activation in the NMDA receptor. This can lead to a lot of the sides you are hearing about from DAA, such as anxiety, depression, and night sweats. However, homocysteine has two routes of disposal- and this is the beauty of the formulation:
    1. It can accumulate and be disposed of in the urine
    2. It can be transformed (re-methylated) into methionine by folic acid, where it can re-enter the SAM-e cycle and be used again.

As you can see in the articles, Folate, TMG, and B-12, are all substrates that help to increase step 2- and this is why you will see few, if any DAA-related sides from Lit-Up- the product contains agents that re-methylate homocysteine, thus preventing any type of build-up in the tissues and keeping it from overloading the NMDA receptor....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPLabs D-aspartic acid Side Kick!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
  2. D-Aspartic Acid and estrogen effects
    By packers6211 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 06:36 AM