D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

Page 18 of 27 First ... 1617181920 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    sometimes annoying people can make things interesting, sometimes they can be.... well..... annoying. For instance today he is being annoying. and for the record I have about 5 refills of xanax sitting here because I don't take it on purpose because I CAN deal with anxiety w/o pills.....but damn, when you get really anxious.... sometimes you gotta break down and take one.... they are a helluva sleeping pill as well FYI......
    Benzo withdrawl is serious stuff. Be careful with them. Also to add it is best to take benzos with a NMDA antagonist to help prevent a tolerance to them.
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Benzo withdrawl is serious stuff. Be careful with them. Also to add it is best to take benzos with a NMDA antagonist to help prevent a tolerance to them.
    that is my reasoning for not taking them, unless absolutely necessary, I don't want to rely on any drug ever. never taken any drugs nor drank nor smoked in my life. And as you say, you end up building a tolerance to them and guess what? you need to up the dosage and there is another problem. Totally agree with you.
    •   

3. what kinda doc would order 5 refills of xanax?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine4PWO View Post
    salute me or shoot me fool
    Your lack of intelligence and maturity is very apparent from the few posts you have made here. I feel bad for the people who have to interact with you in person.

5. PA, you don't happen to have mod powers do you? If you do can you ban that annoying cocaine guy???

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    PA, you don't happen to have mod powers do you? If you do can you ban that annoying cocaine guy???
    i have no powers here

7. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    PA, you don't happen to have mod powers do you? If you do can you ban that annoying cocaine guy???
    He's got 1-AD and
    6OXO Power!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

8. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold

i have no powers here
    Darn...

9. maybe he just wants to be held?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    maybe he just wants to be held?
    lol
  11. Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

12. HE HAS BEEN BANISHED

13. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    nicotine

14. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    HE HAS BEEN BANISHED

first blago and now this

harsh justice man

15. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    what kinda doc would order 5 refills of xanax?
    a doc gave me a scrip for 2 1mg tabs per day. In the end I took 1/2 a tab a day, but kept collecting refills since he's a pain and makes you come in every 2 months to get new scrips. So after a few times I got to skip seeing him for 6 months and paying his copay.

So theres a few ways you could accumulate a bunch.

16. This topic kind of got out of hand - almost 30 posts between my last one and now? lol. At any rate, I thought this particular thread was interesting and is beginning to touch on DAA and excitotoxicity concerns: Anyone with low T any success with Natural TBoosting supplements or herbs

To respond to Easy, my thing is that I understand NMDA's MoA, and I know it's a metabolite. But you have to consider that when you ingest DAA, it's not all being taken up in the brain, it's not all being metabolized to NMDA, and it requires a certain level of NMDA to damage neurons to the point that they die. Low levels merely excite the cells (though NMDA is a potent receptor agonist, granted). So, I think you're right (easy) in saying that the final word is still unknown. Absolutely.

I guess I was just letting my opinion get the best of me, so my B.

Also, found something interesting: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20861489 Curcumin was used in this study to modulate NMDA signaling causing a knockdown of cellular Ca2+ influx. This was done I believe on tissue cultures, not people (for beyond obvious reasons). So if you're concerned about the excitotoxicity of the DAA metabolite, you could take an extra step and dose it with curcumin.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    what kinda doc would order 5 refills of xanax?
    No, I keep refilling it despite not using it..... free on the insurance..... the SOB gives me one refill per script if I'm lucky, gotta call it in every time I go. I got 3 month's worth on the scripts I actually need, so I just get a 1 month refill on the xanax every time I go for my 3 month and they pile up due to non usage. Ya dig?

18. Coco is gone? Now who am I gonna play with? BWA!...... but seriously, I was wondering on the whole NDMA thing, I see "muscle warfare" has it for sale.... even in vitamin shoppe not just randomly online.... I read taking NDMA was a bad idea on the net various places, but that DAA was not nearly as "bad"....still unclear on what the deal is. I am assuming its like taking a precursor vs taking the actual substance straight up.

19. its simple just run DAA for a short period of time at 3grams a day. 2-3 weeks in pct.

20. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    Coco is gone? Now who am I gonna play with? BWA!...... but seriously, I was wondering on the whole NDMA thing, I see "muscle warfare" has it for sale.... even in vitamin shoppe not just randomly online.... I read taking NDMA was a bad idea on the net various places, but that DAA was not nearly as "bad"....still unclear on what the deal is. I am assuming its like taking a precursor vs taking the actual substance straight up.
    I'd think its nearly impossible with just taking DAA to get to a significantly toxic/harm causing level, but directly taking NMDA it might be possible. But no idea what sort of high dose that would require...

21. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'd think its nearly impossible with just taking DAA to get to a significantly toxic/harm causing level, but directly taking NMDA it might be possible. But no idea what sort of high dose that would require...
    Yeah, I tried to look for what a toxic dosage would be in humans but couldn't find it.

22. What are the key differences, if any, between normal DAA vs N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid?

23. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    YES. it makes me piss like a race horse for some reason.... at least the first 10 days. And I always have a pinchy prostate so I will answer yes to that as well....but that is always a YES and probably has nothing to do with DAA LMFAO......
    cool thanks..SJ

24. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    What are the key differences, if any, between normal DAA vs N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid?
    BBB Permeability, target tissues, safety concerns.

25. OK thanks guys. That is what I gathered, that there was no safe dosage for NMDA and that it could be dangerous at certain dosages. You would figure if you took enough DAA that could be harmful as well, but maybe not......
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPLabs D-aspartic acid Side Kick!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
  2. D-Aspartic Acid and estrogen effects
    By packers6211 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 07:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 11:32 AM