D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

Page 17 of 17 First ... 12151617
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Is L-Glutamine considered a NMDA agonist? Would supplementing with glutamine have similar neuro toxic risks?
    Glutamate is an NMDA agonist. Endogenous, that is
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    The fact of the matter is much of DAA is still unknown. There are studies showing that it increases learning and then there are those that are extrapolating harmful side effects from rodent data. We don't have any (as far as I know) valid studies specifically answering this question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    long term potentiation has been shown to be enhanced by NMDA agonists.I dont know what evidence would suggest NMDA agonists would impair short term memory. Of course if you raise levels in brain to toxic levels u destroy neurons but there is no reason to believe oral daa could ever do that
    Well. Caution is best, especially with something still relatively new and unknown; not debating that. In lieu of that: have either of you taken Trib? Always see relatively positive things about it and would like to give it a run just for the sake of seeing it's effects. And if it's effective, or you've found it to be, what are the dosages that show gains?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thesponge18 View Post
    Well. Caution is best, especially with something still relatively new and unknown; not debating that. In lieu of that: have either of you taken Trib? Always see relatively positive things about it and would like to give it a run just for the sake of seeing it's effects. And if it's effective, or you've found it to be, what are the dosages that show gains?
    Not a fan of trib man... much better alternatives out there.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Trib is just for libido.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Best alternatives with lowest risk of negative sides, then?
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I took DAA for 6 weeks. First 3 weeks @3g/day split up 3x/ day. Second 3 weeks @5g/day 2g/breakfast 2g/preworkout and 1g bf bed.
    Only positive things to say about DAA, king in bed, crazy aggression, gains in stength and size, and lost alot of fat off the stomach.
    I had to watch my temper around my wife, I tended to snap more than often, and had to remind mysef that I was the "aggressive" one. Being an animal in bed balanced it all out!
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Granted you only need 3 grams DAA per day, those are some great results.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  8. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mbarton View Post
    I took DAA for 6 weeks. First 3 weeks @3g/day split up 3x/ day. Second 3 weeks @5g/day 2g/breakfast 2g/preworkout and 1g bf bed.
    Only positive things to say about DAA, king in bed, crazy aggression, gains in stength and size, and lost alot of fat off the stomach.
    I had to watch my temper around my wife, I tended to snap more than often, and had to remind mysef that I was the "aggressive" one. Being an animal in bed balanced it all out!
    What brand were you using?
    When did it kick in for ya?
    Why did you dose so high?

When I run daa, I notice a huge increase in appetite, and u lost fat huh?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  9. Registered User
    Answers

[QUOTE=AaronJP1;4100258]What brand were you using?
    When did it kick in for ya?
    Why did you dose so high?

When I run daa, I notice a huge increase in appetite, and u lost fat huh?[/QUOT
    Brand: Trec
    Dosing: Yes, I upped the dosage bc after the first 3 weeks I wasn't getting the same feeling, everybody's body is not the same. After upping it from 3 to 5, it just seemed right.
    Weight: I lost fat from my abs, but I didn't lose weight. I also ate alot healthier than usual and cut out all sweets and alcohol during the 6 weeks.
    Healthier diet, no alcohol, DAA, dedicated training so I assume they all contributed equally to the desired result.
    I am currently 3 weeks into an 8 week run of Activate Xtreme/Triazole stack, and getting great results and plan on adding DAA the last 4 weeks. Again, healthy diet, and no alcohol for max results.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mbarton View Post
    Dosing: Yes, I upped the dosage bc after the first 3 weeks I wasn't getting the same feeling, everybody's body is not the same. After upping it from 3 to 5, it just seemed right.
    Weight: I lost fat from my abs, but I didn't lose weight. I also ate alot healthier than usual and cut out all sweets and alcohol during the 6 weeks.
    Healthier diet, no alcohol, DAA, dedicated training so I assume they all contributed equally to the desired result.
    I am currently 3 weeks into an 8 week run of Activate Xtreme/Triazole stack, and getting great results and plan on adding DAA the last 4 weeks. Again, healthy diet, and no alcohol for max results.
    Activate and Triazole kicked my ass (especially w/ DAA), it felt like an Hdrol cycle for me. Even kept me up at night in between crazy REM dreams. I had to start taking melatonin. It was my first test booster so maybe had something to do with it. Best natty stack I've ever tried out of about 10 diff stacks.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

My aggressiveness is going thru the roof.
  12. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thesponge18 View Post
    Best alternatives with lowest risk of negative sides, then?
    Virtually every supplement has some sort of side effect e.g. A.I.'s tend to flare up joint pain as they dry you out while increasing testosterone.

Even something as beneficial for overall health like fish oil acts as a blood thinner,which can cause problems for some users.All choices that one makes when considering supplements have to be careful,it all comes down to looking over the risk/benefit factor.

That said,DAA is pretty safe at the dosage used in the well known study that showed more than a %50 increase in test in men.The caveat being that one should not use DAA for extended periods of time to minimize the risk of the side effect that you're concerned with.

Running DAA at 3 grams a day for 4-6 weeks is pretty damn safe,I'd say. The issue with NDMA receptors is merely one of over stimulation so if you don't use over the studied amount for months on end,no worries.

I haven't been around the boards much lately so I'm unaware of any other test booster with a better safety profile than DAA.Even so,I doubt such a product is available.

I will however add that I have been using Andro Factory's Focus for the past 3 weeks and change and I'm loving it.I'd say that any risk with a decline in cognitive processing via DAA would be negated by running Focus along with DAA.It'd make for a potent stack to increase testosterone and mental acuity without a need for post cycle therapy.
  13. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Virtually every supplement has some sort of side effect e.g. A.I.'s tend to flare up joint pain as they dry you out while increasing testosterone.
    i find that old wives tale pretty silly. Yes AIs are medically associated with joint and muscle pains (they call it arthalgia) however there is no evidence that its due to "drying out". We arent the tin man from the wizard of oz, our bodies have plenty of fluids normally even if estrogen is blocked

more likely this is due to estrogens role in inflammatory processes
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  14. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I fully agree.

I was speaking in broad terms so thanks for clarifying my comment,Patrick.

It was also my n=1 take on AI's.Even the most minute amount of an AI ,like a cap of 6-OXO or a capsule of Activate Extreme) will wreck havoc on my joints within a day of dosing.I have the same issue with compounds that lower cortisol;a single cap of Lean Exreme has made my joints feel snap,crackle and pop ala Rice Krispies.That said,I do have worn joints from years of abuse;manual labor coupled with weight training so my n=1 isn;t comparable to say,an athlete in his 20's with healthier joints.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post

If it were to increase test levels at all,which it doesn`t,because I have done bloods on it and it didn`t do jack **** for T,
    such an increase(30%) would not increase strength,and anyone who claims differently is either lying or experiencing placebo.
    Doesnt stand true for everyone because blood work for me has shown that it increases test. I have used it off and on for over a year and I have yet to have one blood pull showing where it did not increase my levels.

Further, my overall strength is always better while using daa, erase, activate and green mag vs using them without daa.

I cannot think myself into higher levels on bloodwork from 3 different facilities.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  16. Banned
    Answers

Its perfectly safe to take DAA for short periods of time with any potential negative outcomes, or the necessity of any precautionary measures
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPLabs D-aspartic acid Side Kick!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
  2. D-Aspartic Acid and estrogen effects
    By packers6211 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 06:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 10:32 AM