Coconut Oil And Testosterone

nobel252

Awards
Does it really raise T levels and how much would one want to take of this stuff. I've been taking about 3.5 tablespoons a day and and another 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil a day but since i added the coconut oil 3 months ago I gained some weight but it has seriously increased my libido

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes it does. I just do 2 Tbspns before bed of virgin coconut oil.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturated fat is a major contributor to testosterone levels.

nobel252

Awards
Does it cause weight gain because I used to eat a grip of olive oil without gaining weight.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does it cause weight gain because I used to eat a grip of olive oil without gaining weight.
it is excess calories. They are MCTs so they are burnt slightly differently than regular fats.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is great to know! I just starting cooking with this stuff I had no clue about it's test boosting ability.

nobel252

Awards
Thanks for info on this oil. Btw MCT speeds up metabolism from what I've heard so coconut oil could be used for wieght loss I assume. Something I've noticed is that it has an effect on thyroid because Im hypothyroid and using synthroid but suddenly went hyper.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for info on this oil. Btw MCT speeds up metabolism from what I've heard so coconut oil could be used for wieght loss I assume. Something I've noticed is that it has an effect on thyroid because Im hypothyroid and using synthroid but suddenly went hyper.
Yes it does assist in speeding up your metabolism, but there is diminishing returns and 3.5TBS is alot. That is 49 grams of fat in just your coconut oil. At the end of the day it is still cals in vs. cals out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes it does assist in speeding up your metabolism, but there is diminishing returns and 3.5TBS is alot. That is 49 grams of fat in just your coconut oil. At the end of the day it is still cals in vs. cals out.
damn, good thing i am sitting down-we finally agree about something, lol.:party:

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think I was adding 1 Tbls Olive Oil and I Tbls Coconut Oil to my morning drink. FWIW

beni182

beni182

Awards
Not completely true. Hormones can overcome calories.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I never knew this about Coconut Oil.
Very informative thread. Thanks!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturated fat is a major contributor to testosterone levels.
isnt all saturated fats precursers to testosterone? I think I remember reading this in one of vince gironda articles on eggs

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not completely true. Hormones can overcome calories.
You do know hormones raises the calories out correct? So the equation cannot be incorrect!

Do you really believe 105 grams of fat is stoking the fire so high that it burns them and then some?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
isnt all saturated fats precursers to testosterone? I think I remember reading this in one of vince gironda articles on eggs
Yes, but Coconut oil is a MCT so it is burnt for fuel more readily than if you got your sat's from a hardees thick burger.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
would flake coconut be of any similar benefit to straight up coconut oil? or is it too processed and 'preserved'...?

beni182

beni182

Awards
You do know hormones raises the calories out correct? So the equation cannot be incorrect!

Do you really believe 105 grams of fat is stoking the fire so high that it burns them and then some?
I was merely speaking of your comment on simple calories in vs. out. I was just pointing out that hormones in general are powerful enough to drastically change the in calories weight/muscle/fat gain or loss affect. Seems we both agree. :usa2:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was merely speaking of your comment on simple calories in vs. out. I was just pointing out that hormones in general are powerful enough to drastically change the in calories weight/muscle/fat gain or loss affect. Seems we both agree. :usa2:
we whole heartedly agree. Especially since there is some type of thyrogenic activity. I do think some people do go overboard though and miss the proverbial window of opportunity. Then again we see people around here bangin 2Gs of test as well a week :spankme:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in the book four hour body they cite a study where people were seperated into 3 groups and were given diet that all had the same calorie intake but differed in the majority macro amount. The split was 90% carb, 90%fat, 90% protein and both the fat and protein groups lost weight and the carb group gained weight.

Now I didnt read all the specifics of the study and I am sure there are tons of variables

Dsade are you saying that it requiresmore energy to break down protein and fat so it uses more energy and that changes the calorie in vs. calorie out equaton? And the same with carbs, since theyare easier to break down they require less enrgy so less energy is spent by the body compared to the other 2 groups?

I know you probably didnt read the study but I am just speaking generally here not really the specifics of that study. Just tryna get a grasp of it in "layman" terms

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
would flake coconut be of any similar benefit to straight up coconut oil? or is it too processed and 'preserved'...?
someone answer me DAHHHHMMMMN IT! :spank:

:22:

that is all :10:

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try google lol I wouldn't think it had the same effect but I don't know the answer
looks like ehow has some insight...

'Coconut flakes (and oil) have been touted on websites as preventing cancer or curing AIDS. From baldness to weight loss, diabetes to digestive problems, coconuts are said to be superfoods with antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Such claims are unsubstantiated by scientific studies.
Some studies have confirmed benefits in coconut flakes and oil, but caution is urged to seek legitimate studies and ignore misleading miracle food claims.

Coconut flake quality varies.
Supermarket--and some health food store--brands are made for long shelf life by using additives (sulfites, propylene glycol and sugar). Shredded and flaked air-dried coconut can lose flavor.
The best flakes for a healthy diet are the freshest and most pure. Freeze-dried coconut flakes are naturally sweet and need no preservatives or chemical additives. Frozen fresh to minus 20 degrees F, they are then dried, retaining flavor and nutrients.'

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
someone answer me DAHHHHMMMMN IT! :spank:

:22:

that is all :10:
coconut oil is as close as you can get to unprocessed coconut meat. if its cold pressed its basically pressed coconut. definitely more natural and beneficial than "flakes" from the grocery store.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
coconut oil is as close as you can get to unprocessed coconut meat. if its cold pressed its basically pressed coconut. definitely more natural and beneficial than "flakes" from the grocery store.
which is what I was figuring...I do see my local VS has their brand (a solid) at a pretty reasonable price...
All of you that have been using 1-2 TBS/day, have your gains been more noticable than w/o it?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
its not a gains type of thing... by gains do you mean muscle size? no coconut oil wont make you bigger directly. the saturated fats will fuel your endocrine system to pump out test, MCT's will provide you with tons of energy and could increase your metabolic rate. coconut oil is not for getting big, its a great supplement that boasts a ton of health benefits. if your diet is already rich in saturated fats you might not even feel a difference.

vitamin shoppe brand is good, pretty much the cheapest organic unrefined CO they have.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hahah i love reading his articles.

"be a man and eat a dozen eggs! then sleep and do it again!"

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its not a gains type of thing... by gains do you mean muscle size? no coconut oil wont make you bigger directly. the saturated fats will fuel your endocrine system to pump out test, MCT's will provide you with tons of energy and could increase your metabolic rate. coconut oil is not for getting big, its a great supplement that boasts a ton of health benefits. if your diet is already rich in saturated fats you might not even feel a difference.

vitamin shoppe brand is good, pretty much the cheapest organic unrefined CO they have.
ya, wouldn't have thought it would have a direct effect on size...but system support....after having re-read the thread....def going to be picking some up...! nice!

onlyone

Awards
So... let me get this straight, I get a organic CO from my local grocery store, add 1-2 tbs to my midday shake and I would be feeling like a stud?!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
So... let me get this straight, I get a organic CO from my local grossery store, add 1-2 tbs to my midday shake and I would be feeling like a stud?!
*grocery store

adding to shakes might be difficult if the shakes are cold, CO turns solid when you go under room temperature.

coconut oil alone wont make you feel anything. in combination with a healthy diet it will provide many benefits.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
*grocery store

adding to shakes might be difficult if the shakes are cold, CO turns solid when you go under room temperature.

coconut oil alone wont make you feel anything. in combination with a healthy diet it will provide many benefits.
I love to put mine in a smoothie. Chop up some pineapple, couple tbsp coconut oil, some vanilla whey or egg protein and toss into a blender with some ice and yum!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love to put mine in a smoothie. Chop up some pineapple, couple tbsp coconut oil, some vanilla whey or egg protein and toss into a blender with some ice and yum!
now that ^^ made my mouth water...I love some pina colada's...will have to mix some of that up!

...I picked up some Cocunut oil...and an actual coconut this weekend...I'll google for this here shortly...but wondering if anyone knows offhand how much 'raw' coconut would = 1-2 TBS of coconut oil...?

(hours later Edit)...in case anyone else cares to know...I found that roughly 1 cup (80 grams) of shredded coconut 'meat' = 283 cals, 27g fat, 12g carbs (of that 7g fiber), 3g protein... comparatively, 1 TBS of coconut oil = 125 cals, 14g fat, 0 carb, 0 protein...

coconutoilsdo

Awards
Since coconut oils consist of saturated fat, and fat means more testosterone. You can add coconut oils to your recipe or coffee, just in a regular basis so that you will not feel that you are on medication.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
love coconut oil, never really took it for test purposes.....but I cook my eggs in it in the morning, which I've been told you don't get any of the coconut oil.....but I also put it in my morning coffee

I've also see benefits from swishing it my mouth along with adding it to an Epsom bath....skin is like a baby when you get out

Zariph

Awards
I heard that the egg yolk is good too. Does this act the same as coconut oil`?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 9
Supplements 31
Supplements 55
DemntedCowboy Nutrition / Health 1