Protocol/creatine nitrate stack

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Genomyx's Protocol is awesome stuff-has anyone stacked it with creatine nitrate? the agmatine in it seems on paper I think that it would go well with CN.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haven't seen that stack yet but I am a bigger fan of creatine monohydrate, frankly it has the most scientific evidence backing it up and I am huge on long standing and properly conducted clinical studies. The other creatines just don't have enough of it. Plus monohydrate is a heck of a lot cheaper :).

The new protocol flavor is good though, enjoy.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't seen that stack yet but I am a bigger fan of creatine monohydrate, frankly it has the most scientific evidence backing it up and I am huge on long standing and properly conducted clinical studies. The other creatines just don't have enough of it. Plus monohydrate is a heck of a lot cheaper :).

Agreed, creatine monohydrate is cheap and effective.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Genomyx's Protocol is awesome stuff-has anyone stacked it with creatine nitrate? the agmatine in it seems on paper I think that it would go well with CN.
I'm using both right now and they both work great together.

If you want to go by studies, ya Mono has a lot more studies, but to say it's proven is a complete joke, there are studies that show it doesn't increase performance what so ever, also time and time again how bad the absorption rate is.

Creatine Nitrate is far superior and the only people arguing otherwise is the ones that havn't tried it!

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
x2, mono sucks in comparison.

1000x more soluble than mono!!!!!!!
I hate it when JD is speaking the truth! Can you both stop with CN gospel...

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guess in my medical experience I tend to lean towards the one that has the most data backing it and the positive data far outweighs the negative data and it has been around since the 90's. For years everyone ranted and raved about how CEE was vastly superior and that turned out to be a terrible alternative. Not to say empiric evidence is not worth anything, not the case at all, I am not implying it doesn't work, just saying that is the reason I choose CM was due to objective evidence.

Bottom line is protocol with any creatine works well lol.

TSV

Awards
Exactly. I haven't tried Protocol with creatine nitrate just yet to be honest, but I agree that it looks like a solid combination.

Phantom, try using both pre-workout... the pump from agmatine and nitrate should be fun :D

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

It has more studies because its been around for much longer. Creatine Nitrate is too new to have any long-term studies which would show its efficacy. That said, on paper its logical that this form has potential to be superior. Anecdotal evidence would support this.

I'm using both right now and they both work great together.

If you go solely by the established literature, mono has a lot more studies, but to say it's proven is a complete joke, there are studies that show it doesn't increase performance what so ever, also time and time again how bad the absorption rate is.

Creatine Nitrate is far superior and the only people arguing otherwise is the ones that havn't tried it!
I think that creatine-mono's efficacy is pretty well established regardless of some outlier studies and its solubility issues. I personally have not tried the creatine nitrate products but logically it should be an effective form. I'm a huge fan of the creatine salts (MMC, etc) as I've found them to be much more effective for myself. Just as creatine nitrate however, they don't have the clinical trials to back them up.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I guess in my medical experience I tend to lean towards the one that has the most data backing it and the positive data far outweighs the negative data and it has been around since the 90's. For years everyone ranted and raved about how CEE was vastly superior and that turned out to be a terrible alternative. Not to say empiric evidence is not worth anything, not the case at all, I am not implying it doesn't work, just saying that is the reason I choose CM was due to objective evidence.

Taken your medical experience I'd assume that you'd have to respect the novelty of these new compounds. The supplement industry is far different than the pharmaceutical industry. New compounds aren't going to have the years of clinical trials and literature to back them. Understanding the biochemistry/physiology along with a willingness to try new things is really the only way to improve upon existing supplements (such as good old creatine mono).

When creatine mono first hit the scene in the early-mid 90's, there was virtually no literature to back its claims. I think we can all agree that this has changed over the past 15 or so years.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Taken your medical experience I'd assume that you'd have to respect the novelty of these new compounds. The supplement industry is far different than the pharmaceutical industry. New compounds aren't going to have the years of clinical trials and literature to back them. Understanding the biochemistry/physiology along with a willingness to try new things is really the only way to improve upon existing supplements (such as good old creatine mono).

When creatine mono first hit the scene in the early-mid 90's, there was virtually no literature to back its claims. I think we can all agree that this has changed over the past 15 or so years.
great post-repped

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm interested in trying this combo as well.