Advice on Creatine

viking805fan

Awards
I'm planning on taking creatine to help with a bit of growth. What would be the cheapest and effective creatine out there?? Also would like to get a bottle with a decent amount of servings. Any difference between creatines that say to take dosage before and ones that say to take it after??

Oh one more thing, im taking jack3d and whey protein right now.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cheapest and most effective creatine would be Creapure can't beat 17 bucks for a kilo which will last you months.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Cheapest of course would be monohydrate. Most effective is per individual. Kre-alkalyn works good for me and I only use 1.5g pre and 1.5g post-workout.

viking805fan

Awards
would you guys recommend this one? Also how long would this last me? Would I have to take the Creatine Loading phase or is that BS?

Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder - found it on amazon with great reviews!

Sorry I cant post links yet... : (

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Yeah, that's cool. It's just good ol' monohydrate. If you've never used it before, then this would be a good place to start since it's so cheap and may do wonders for you. Just mix it with grape juice or something and you're set. As far as loading? I'm from the old school where we used to load 20g for the first week then go on a maintanence of 5g per day. I don't know where everyone is at these days though? That's why I use kre-alkalyn, so I can just pop one cap before and one after workout.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm planning on taking creatine to help with a bit of growth. What would be the cheapest and effective creatine out there?? Also would like to get a bottle with a decent amount of servings. Any difference between creatines that say to take dosage before and ones that say to take it after??

Oh one more thing, im taking jack3d and whey protein right now.
As I said in your other thread, creatine monohydrate is the simplest and most effective, most tried and true and proven supplement available.

There is no difference in how they are recommended to be dosed - some recommend pre because they are included in preworkout products, and other post because they have nutrient repartitioning properties, etc. You can dose creatine pre, post, or pre AND post-training - the latter is actually how I prefer to do it, and was until I started using Assault.

Creatine products I recommend:
* Neovar Recomped
* Cre-02
* Kre-Alkalyn
* CreaPure

If you're using Jack3d, then you have no need for a separate creatine product, since it already contains creatine monohydrate, and you only need 2-3g a day to maintain muscle creatine threshold levels once they have been reached.

~Rosie

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
monohydrate is the one

it kills my stomach, iv had better results from krealkalyn, and my favorite is con-cret (now added to assault even), that is the best...but not cheap

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Con-Cret and creatine nitrates 2 of my favorites.