Leucine supplement boosts fat burning

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice, im a big fan of Leucine. Thats good to know since Leucine in large amounts is said to ellicit a significant surge in insulin, thereby halting some fat burning.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
So instead of creating a new thread, I'll bump this one.

Whats the latest feedback on Leucine supplementation and fat loss? I recently picked up a tub of leucine, and have been dosing 5g with morning shake, pre and post workout, and with bedtime whey shake. I've been reading conflicting info.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So instead of creating a new thread, I'll bump this one.

Whats the latest feedback on Leucine supplementation and fat loss? I recently picked up a tub of leucine, and have been dosing 5g with morning shake, pre and post workout, and with bedtime whey shake. I've been reading conflicting info.
Most of what I know is that leucine needs the other 2 BCAAs present to do what it needs to do. So even in an 8:1:1 type ratio, you're good, but 8:0:0 won't yield the same positive results. Just what I've read.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most of what I know is that leucine needs the other 2 BCAAs present to do what it needs to do. So even in an 8:1:1 type ratio, you're good, but 8:0:0 won't yield the same positive results. Just what I've read.
interesting.

A

AVP

Awards
Theoretically amino acids on free form, singly, without forming di or tripeptides with other, have impaired absorption. This is due to the type of carrier for amino acids we have in the intestine.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Theoretically amino acids on free form, singly, without forming di or tripeptides with other, have impaired absorption. This is due to the type of carrier for amino acids we have in the intestine.
Nope.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm interesting, I've been using 4:1:1 RecoverPRO, been dosing about 8 scoops a day, so far, so good!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm interesting, I've been using 4:1:1 RecoverPRO, been dosing about 8 scoops a day, so far, so good!
Very nice. That's a good product for sure.

I've been going bulk 4:1:1 for a while and just cutting it with a flavored amino product. Lately it's been a scoop or scoop and a half of Purple Wraath with 12-18g of bulk 4:1:1 in my half gallon jug intra-workout. I've used USP's 8:1:1 and didn't notice any real difference in recovery, but I've also got a jacked up thyroid lol. I've got a ton of bulk leucine that I plan on mixing up with some bulk 4:1:1 or 2:1:1 down the road.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I know leucine with Whey is beneficial pre and post workout, but is at all really beneficial with wake up shake, and pre-bed?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leucine makes for an excellent wake up ****tail due to it's very anti-catabolic properties. I am not a fan of elevated insulin levelsn pre-bad as they "may" adversely impact GH levels.

I know leucine with Whey is beneficial pre and post workout, but is at all really beneficial with wake up shake, and pre-bed?

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Leucine makes for an excellent wake up ****tail due to it's very anti-catabolic properties. I am not a fan of elevated insulin levelsn pre-bad as they "may" adversely impact GH levels.
The impact on GH is irrelevant.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For what it's worth, I know Layne Norton was working on an article discussing the relevance/importance of natural growth hormone. It was a couple months ago, and I never saw on fb where he actually posted it, so I don't know whether or not he found it to be significant or not. He also linked a study about a week ago that showed carbohydrate timing to not play a relevance (e.g. whether you eat them in the morning or at night). I'm not saying I'd eat all my carbs and go hop in bed or anything like that, but I think that it's not as big of a deal as we often make it out to be. And I also don't think natural GH is that incredibly meaningful, most likely (i.e. in the sense of do you consume JUST proftein to keep GH high after working out versus taking in carbohydrates and potentially blunting that GH).

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
Well ****, i've been taking leucine alone for about a month. Leucine + whey is alright though, correct?

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well ****, i've been taking leucine alone for about a month. Leucine + whey is alright though, correct?
Nope, no point. Whey maximizes MPS alone. Preventing the refractory response is a moot goal.

You are SUPPOSED to take leucine alone! Don't let the bros get to you man. You only need the other BCAAs if there are ZERO ffAAs circulating in your system (aka very low meal frequency like IFing). If you ate a chicken breast 2-3 hours ago, you can bet those aminos are still available. Thus, take the leucine alone unless fasted.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
subbed

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Interesting...

So how would you daily supplement it?

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope, no point. Whey maximizes MPS alone. Preventing the refractory response is a moot goal.

You are SUPPOSED to take leucine alone! Don't let the bros get to you man. You only need the other BCAAs if there are ZERO ffAAs circulating in your system (aka very low meal frequency like IFing). If you ate a chicken breast 2-3 hours ago, you can bet those aminos are still available. Thus, take the leucine alone unless fasted.
Solid point, that was always my understanding on the topic.

Mike

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
I just take modern bcaa 10g right before workout should help keep me anabolic? Even when doing very low impact walking cardior hill after lifting

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
So if I have my post workout shake at 9pm and eat dinner about 10. instead of having another shake before bed (a couple of hours later) I should just have a serving of a leucine?

And no point in adding any to my post workout shake?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Imo I would mix peanut butter shake and leucine

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Imo I would mix peanut butter shake and leucine
Not in the mood to eat anything before bed. A shake is just easy to down. I'm trying to be in a caloric deficit.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
C'mon don't a B* . Its just food. Flush it down throat if u got too