Cycling Beta alanine?

rqtball

Awards
I was told that it takes about 4 weeks for Beta alanine to really get into your system.

The bottle I just bought says to take a month off every 2 or 3 months.

Should I follow what the bottle says or is there something different/better I can and should do?

Seems weird to wait a month to really get into your system then a few weeks later take a month off then have to start all over and wait another 30 days to get into your system.

Thanks!
Scott

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was told that it takes about 4 weeks for Beta alanine to really get into your system.

The bottle I just bought says to take a month off every 2 or 3 months.

Should I follow what the bottle says or is there something different/better I can and should do?

Seems weird to wait a month to really get into your system then a few weeks later take a month off then have to start all over and wait another 30 days to get into your system.

Thanks!
Scott
I use my beta alanine as a pre-workout supplement, and it has been good for me right from the start.

rqtball

Awards
That is what I plan on using it for....pre workout before my racquetball training! That is all I plan on taking right now!

Scott

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
yah, I dunno about taking that long to get into your system. I've had periods where I didn't take it for a few months, and the first dose gives me the beta alanine tingles. Maybe it takes that long for you to notice any results with it, perhaps that's what they meant.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Works with the first dose I'm sure. Cycling isn't necessary, but you can build up a tolerance to it. Eventually 4 grams will feel like 2 grams. No matter how long I'm on it I can still feel it.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I just cycled off this past week to see if it will make any difference. I got to the point where i didnt get the tingles from 4g doses, which is nice, but i miss being sore

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use it as a preworkout. And I cycle it with my creatine. So when I'm off creatine I'm usually off beta. That's every 2-3 months

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
not sure about anyone else, but aside from that tingly feeling, was pretty useless to me

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
not sure about anyone else, but aside from that tingly feeling, was pretty useless to me
definitely not useless to me. Luvs me some BA

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I usually cycle every product but some you can be on for longer then others like Beta A i usually take like 2 weeks of to make my body not used to it anymore then hop back on. Ive been on Beta A for couple months straight and didnt notice much in terms of dimiensed results.

dollarbill

Awards
i just got me a tub, should i take everyday or just workout days?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
BA is great but i built a tolerance after a few months. i used to actually feel my muscles getting fresher in between rounds and i had the same amount of energy in the end of training as in the beginning. after a while it stopped being that effective. taking a few months off now.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i just got me a tub, should i take everyday or just workout days?
with BA its all about loading up. first 2-3 weeks take one 1.6 gram scoop four times a day preferably with carbs. after that take two at separate times of day. dont take more than 1.6 at a time, there is a study that actually saw the plasma concentration drop after supplementing more than 1.6 grams. you basically piss away the excess.