Long Jack / Tongkat Ali

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I’m been using 400mg of Tongkat Ali for 1 week and it feels like I’m on 4-AD. I’m in a better mood, very horny and more aggressive. I’m not sure if it has any test boosting effects but it sure feels like it. It might be like trib but who knows I’ll keep you guys informed if has any muscle boosting effect. Has anyone ever used Tongkat Ali?

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've had pretty good results in the past from BAC's, using 1 of their scoops a day. I've noticed an increase in libido, as well as blood flow to the member in a non-excited state (i.e. flaccid weiner is larger than normal :)!) I don't know if it's had an effect on test levels honestly, as the only other side I've had is a slight increase in acne.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It does increase acne, similar to HCG acne so it makes me think it's working. But, no 'visible' evidence to go with it (too bad Clomid sucks so hard). I've used the raw powder and the LJ100 extract both. Be careful because when I tried stepping up the doses after a few weeks, I started to get some gyno. The last time I had to abort therapy, it took an anti-prolactin to kill the puffys, so some weird pituitary stuff was going on no doubt.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
I used it and liked its effects,better than Benzos,much better.I don´t think it did any physical changes to me.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
if its giving you acne and gyno then there has to be an increse in test!!!
is it superior to tribulus i notice limited effects at 5-6 grams trib ed

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Or it may be increasing aromatase activity which could give a temporary increase in libido and symptoms of gyno. No telling without extensive testing.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It was def prolactin related, because the issues did not resolve w/ Tam but did w/ Permax. Fenugreek is still my personal fav as far as natural test boosters w/ no sides.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Fenugreek - natural test booster? Did you see that in a study or something Dr. D?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Fenugreek - natural test booster? Did you see that in a study or something Dr. D?
I had heard that it could be useful for this, but it is primarily used to improve diabetic conditions. It contains the same type saponins as tribulus, but it's more than that, cause it works much better. I use the NOW brand. Tribulus does work, but the effect is weak and unreliable at best. Fenugreek is truly more effective. For example, when I just do 2 wk cycles, it's all I use for PCT. I don't like or trust SERMs and save them for hard shutdowns only. Try it, it's cheap and healthy. Volume returns quickly. Directions are 2caps TID, but I just take 4 or 5 at night only.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I respond really well to tribulus and horny goat weed. Maybe I'll throw some fenugreek in there and give my wife some greif:)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I respond really well to tribulus and horny goat weed. Maybe I'll throw some fenugreek in there and give my wife some greif:)
Try it BIO, if you like Tribulus, you'll like Fenugreek too. It's stronger and cheaper. I just don't want your wife calling me up and blaming me for all that greif, I'll deny everything I told you! (LOL) What brand HGW do you use? I like Macca too.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The bottle I have is from Natural Balance, standardized to 10% icariins. Saw it on sale here so I'm trialing it..normally I order from BAC. Was going to try BAC's ultra high potentcy trib at some point and Maca.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
FUZU by Syntrax has fenugreek in it, I should get some tongkat ali to stack with it, seeing as though I have a few bottles of the original Fuzu waiting for me to use 'em.. ;)

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have used horny goat weed from Holland & Barrat (UK) had some maca in there also, not sure which ingrediant was working but definite improvement in labido, fenugreek sounds interesting though, can anybody post a link for more info on this and a good place to purchase?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I have used horny goat weed from Holland & Barrat (UK) had some maca in there also, not sure which ingrediant was working but definite improvement in labido, fenugreek sounds interesting though, can anybody post a link for more info on this and a good place to purchase?
The maca def. improves libido stacked w/ LJ100. They are synergistic no doubt. I don't have a link but if you want to research it, the fenugreek seed contains the alkaloid trigonelline and probably more importantly, the steroidal saponin diosgenin.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
wow 1fast has 100 cap bottles for 4 bucks..and u recommend 4-5 at night? very nice might have to try this

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
wow 1fast has 100 cap bottles for 4 bucks..and u recommend 4-5 at night? very nice might have to try this
My Bad! I use Nature's Way brand. It's 610mg/cap and goes for 11$/180count bottle. So the 1fast price is pretty good. I think I'll try the NOW brand too. It's whole seed, so I don't see that potency would vary much from brand to brand. Specificly, I take 3 the first week, then 4 the second, etc... I just add a pill every week till I get to 5 or 6. It seem to work best this way and needs to be cycled. You shouldn't just stay on it cause it feels like the effect weakens after 4-6 weeks.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
well i got 2 bottles of that and a bottle of rhodiala rosea(sp?) (this is a great supp for post cycle..kills anxiety)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
well i got 2 bottles of that and a bottle of rhodiala rosea(sp?) (this is a great supp for post cycle..kills anxiety)
How much of the RR does it take to be effective? I'm about to place an order too, and was thinking about trying that one.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Pretty tiny amounts..less than 100mg I can feel right away. I buy the pure powder from BAC. Don't know about anxiety but it does perk me up and help me think more clearly. Good stuff.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Pretty tiny amounts..less than 100mg I can feel right away. I buy the pure powder from BAC. Don't know about anxiety but it does perk me up and help me think more clearly. Good stuff.
I just bought from 1fast! Is the purity comparable you think?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
yup..if u got the powder its good and the NOW brand never disappoints..personally i tkae 500 mgs 2x a day.i suffer from anxiety brought on by to car wrecks..sux but i found this to be very helpful

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Just a little note of caution. BE mindful of coming off rhodiola as well as its masking of other problems. I was using a pretty moderate dose last summer and then abruptly stopped right as I was finishing PCT. IT probably wasnt from the RHo, but I had some undiagnosed/hidden mild depression coupled with anxiety over an upcoming long trip oversees that knocked me flat on my ass.
cortisol levels sky high, test bottomed out, est high>>>pretty much the whole endocrine system went caput resulting in two weeks of hell. And I had done for solid weeks of PCT after only a 4-5 week cycle.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
im also running a 7-keto trans too..i seriously thought of that ..thanx tho scott..

sicosico

Awards
  • Established
the long jack in 1fast400 is not very effective , it is only 1:1 extract , the effects are nothing to the 1:50 to ( 1:200 )extracts which sells for $160

you need 200 grams of 1:1 extract to get the active ingredients of 1:200 extract

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
I liked the 1fast stuff. at 1gr./day I felt like I had a cool-cigarette
injected in a vein.
I felt an ethereal-like cooling effect and as for anxiety it worked well for
me,too at even less.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I believe mike at 1fast had said that the labeling might have been wrong on the 1:1 aspect of the extract. Said something over on avant to that regard.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
yea im pretty sure he did say thta..check with mike

sicosico

Awards
  • Established
I believe mike at 1fast had said that the labeling might have been wrong on the 1:1 aspect of the extract. Said something over on avant to that regard.
No , it is on the laboratory analysis in his site too, not only on the labeling.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
No , it is on the laboratory analysis in his site too, not only on the labeling.

Like I said, he posted regarding this on avant. Look it up if your skeptical. I believe he was going to change the writeup and show the correct lab assay but didnt want people to think he was being sneaky or some such. If you want, take a peak at his response on avant.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I'm not one to complain about the taste of supps but I have been taking long jack powder and that tastes like absolute ass...it makes me want to gag.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
yea well i smell like pancakes from taking fenugreek..lol

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Long jack pretty bad? Why is it that these libido booster type products all taste like goat ass? Maca is outright awful, and clumps in your mouth yummy! Avena Sativa was bad, but manageable...now long jack? I hate capping.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
yea well i smell like pancakes from taking fenugreek..lol
Yeah, it's cause of the volatile oils. Makes your sweat smell like maple ketones. The longjack has alkaloids that make it extremely bitter. I'll warn you guys again, this **** is prolactimic, be careful! I started growing tits on it better than high dose test will. Took a dopamine agonist to reverse it, nolva didn't do "jack" (excuse the pun :p )

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Beyond a century just got this in..I just ordered some..

LONG JACK, aka Tongkat Ali, Eurycoma longifolia jack. The new premium 100:1 freeze-dried extract has finally arrived from Malaysia. We weren’t getting expected results with generics, so we went with the strongest extract available. This extract is the result of 20 years research, and has been used in the major testosterone boosting studies. Dried at -40 C and 99% water soluble, it contains 20-22% glycopeptides and 40% glycosaponins which help the body to produce more free testosterone, c-GMP, and DHEA while lowering SHBG.. It is claimed a daily dose of 200mg doubled free testosterone and increased DHEA by 45% in two weeks, while other protocols are said to increase testosterone in humans by 440%. For best results the extract should be taken regularly. Dose recommendations vary. For male vitality and sexual effects 100-200mg in morning with water, or 1.3 x your weight in kg once a day. Bodybuilders often will take 250-500mg/day divided in two doses for 5 days on & 2 off per week. An additional 200mg dose is sometimes recommended before sex, athletic events, etc. It is claimed that most will feel the sexual effects of a single 200-300mg dose within a few hours. We’ve seen both “after meals� and “on empty stomach� recommended! Women are said to benefit from Long Jack at half the male dose. There are a lot of cheaper Long Jack extracts out there, but brands usually sell this premium extract in 50-80mg caps at a SRP of $10/gram, or powder at $5/gram. Long Jack 100:1, very bitter pure powder, 20g, (100-200 dose), SRP $99.98, $54.00

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i'm doing some of the longjack, some tribulus, & some avena sativa i had sitting on the shelf from bac. i am breaking out alot on my back! i need to check my doses. i have just been doing a "scoop"(provided bac) every mourning.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Someone should cycle this stuff to test its effectiveness.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Someone should cycle this stuff to test its effectiveness.
Will do! :cheers: I'm gonna need all the help on my PCT that I can get. Just to clear things up, this stuff SHOULD allow HPTA recovery post-cycle, while upping testosterone/LH, ect. Right? Or did I miss something? :think:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
SS, I tried this stuff 2 years ago when it was newly available in the States. I did a 2 month PCT cycle w/ it. Started w/ 15g of the whole root the first month and the last month used 100mg TID of the LJ100 high potency 50$/g extract. I experienced no gonadal hypertrophy at all in spite of the intense back breakout, like julius kelp points out a few posts up, it was alot like hCG or DHEA breakout. But I honesty was very dissapointed. I was hoping this would be a kick-ass little PCT addition too, maybe to bridge with, but I honestly don't think it boosted LH at all. I think my DHEA levels went up, cause that's what it felt like, about the same effect as 200-300/d oral DHEA. I'll never do it again. To top it all off, I developed my worst case of gyno ever, 2 months of nolva did nothing. Started lactating and everythink, it sucked! I hope it works for you though. Have a dopaminergic on hand.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
THANKS Dr. D for bringing up the prolactin issue, I could be crazy(er) , but I thought I felt some odd sensations in the breast area. hmm...

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Have a dopaminergic on hand.
Can you give me more info on something like this. I'm totally ignorant as to any kind of anti-prolactin or anti-progesterone substances, whether OTC, perscription or other wise. Whatever you got, especially anti-progesterone for use with M1T and 4AD/Testosterone.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
JuliusK,
If it becomes itchy, tender, and starts to leak, you've gone too far! The good news is, apparently even if it lingers for months, it can still be very quickly and permanently resolved. I've been trying to warn fellas about this stuff but no one what's to here it! At least you can be ready (see below)

SuperS,
A lot of guys say that Vitex works for an OTC cure, but I've never tried it. The most common Rx drugs are bromocriptine and cabergoline. Pergolide, a less common one but very potent, is the one I used with great success. I took a 0.25mg pill and cut it into 8 equal pieces. Then I took 1 little piece right before bed for 8 days. I was totally cured by about day 6 though. Bromo does the same job w/ less harsh sides so I've heard, but the dose should be 1.25-5mg/d divided into 2 doses, I would guess. As for anti-progesterones, I am only aware of onapristone, but good luck finding it. However, every 17a-alkylated androgen has some degree of progestinic activity, so you could use one that would not aromatize and get something that may occupy the prog. receptor but w/ very little intrinic activity. That could have an anti-prog. effect. But 2 months of halo/nolva did not fix it like 1 week of the dopaminergic did.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D thank God i'm nowhere near that advanced. i just felt a few sensations from that region that were unusual, i can take a hint. i discontinued the stuff for now.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used a 500mg dose of Vitex towards the end of a cycle where my nips were getting puffier and shinier than I would have liked. It actually did seem to reduce the symptoms in a day or two. I think it might be ok for very light cases..ie catching it before it gets out of hand but I doubt its any good for serious cases.

Only side effects were increased libido and a very testy mood.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i noticed the mood too. (testy, that's good!)

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I just got the order from B.A.C today and the 100-1 longjack is there.suggested use 100mg a day 1/4 of a 1ml scoop (not much at all)..I have never ever had gyno or puffiness throughout the years of doin AAS and pro-hormones.I will use caution as to avoid any sides with this product..Thank's Dr.D for your input and I will be alot more aware of this potential problem,but I am from the school of everyone is different and this does not mean that everyone will start lactating after using longjack..However your account is eye opening..I will keep you guys posted..

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Follow up...DR.D or anybody that had issues with Gyno and lactating,did you guy's cycle this product or did you take it everyday ect...suggested by the manufacturer 5 days on 2 days off for 8 weeks then 2 weeks off....

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I did it straight, I started to get the sides after using the strong (LJ100x) stuff for about 3 weeks @ 100mg TID. I'm usually just sensative to high doses of test, like >600mg/wk, but this **** got me real bad. I cycled it PCT style right after a test/anadrol cycle, w/ nothing else but some fenugreek, so I could tell if it was really working. It didn't happen early into PCT w/ the whole root though. I sure hope it's more effective or at least kinder to you Madman. We are all different, and maybe the gyno was specific to me somehow. I have rechallenged it again since then in smaller doses just to augment regular PCT, but not more than 100mg/d. No prob's at this smaller dose, but I can't really say it helps either. I don't understand if the 5on/2off is to maintain better effectiveness or discourage side effects, I had not heard of that before. I got mine at this place, they have some good info there too:

http://www.herbal-powers.com/tongkatali1.html?source=overture

but it's more costly there. Back when I got mine, it was the only place that had it, but BAC is an impressive company. I'd trust their supply.