Been racking my brain for days...

C

CaptainNova

Awards
I decided to come here for help, I've had some great help/tips in the past, so hope for some more!

I currently haven't taken supplements at all for almost a year. Been traveling a whole lot to where I haven't been able to maintain a "steady" workout plan. With that said, I have been continuously working out.

I am lost on exactly what I should take...Some inputs would be great...

1. I don't want to spend a ton of money
2. Mostly interested in just pre/post workout supps.

Any other ideas, feel free to shoot them out. And again, I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and consideration!!!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whey protein, APS Mesomorph is supposed to be pretty good stuff for pre, and I've never really found a post workout that makes me go "OH MY GOD THIS STUFF ROCKS!" I'd say it's up to you. I'm running NO Synthesize right now though.

A

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
I would definitly start out with a protein supplement, multi-vitamin and Fishoil. FishOil and Multivitamin are used to help maintain general health. Your protien supplement will be used to help meet your dialy protein requirements, which IMO, should be around 1.5g protien per lb of bodyweight. Most often it should be used post workout and may be a good idea to add some sort of carbohydrate to that shake.

C

CaptainNova

Awards
I do take whey protein shakes on workout days still...also, I do take fish oil and multi-vit's daily as well...I guess I should've stated that haha...I do appreciate it, though!...I'll definitely look into the mesomorph though as soon as I get a break from work today!

More tips would be great, thanks again!

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
pre workouts id say shotgun, premax if you dont want stims....

post workout, all in one torrent either regular or torrent zero, depends on what you want, and synthesize maybe but i think torrent tastes waay better

added BCAA during the day, for mixability i always use IBCAA

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go buy a big a$$ box of frozen chicken, thaw some out, and cook it up for the week and eat lots of it...that's a pretty good supplement right there.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided to come here for help, I've had some great help/tips in the past, so hope for some more!

I currently haven't taken supplements at all for almost a year. Been traveling a whole lot to where I haven't been able to maintain a "steady" workout plan. With that said, I have been continuously working out.

I am lost on exactly what I should take...Some inputs would be great...

1. I don't want to spend a ton of money
2. Mostly interested in just pre/post workout supps.

Any other ideas, feel free to shoot them out. And again, I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and consideration!!!
What preworkout products could be recommended really depends on your goals, since as well as specific "preworkout" products there's many products that can be used pre-training.

Re specific "preworkout" products, the best one out there, IMO is Assault - and it's very reasonably priced, with a tub lasting 40 days of use.

If you want a simple but effective preworkout stack, you could go with creatine, GPLC, and Beta-Alanine. If you want a more advanced preworkout stack, with a focus more on endurance, look into Cre-02 and Drive. There's many more stacks and products out there you could use, stimulant and non-stimulant.

As far as "postworkout", look into having a shake immediately post-training BCAAs, protein powder, and something for cortisol control. Creatine can also be used immediately post-training.

There's a lot of specific postworkout products, from Recon to Postal, etc.

~Rosie~