Cordyceps and nettle root

ramon25

Awards
Hey guys, I guess my main concern here is, sense both have effects on hormones and sense cordyceps is so broad, I wanted to make sure both can be taken. Dont want to inadvertanley cause some issue. It would be an alternating days. Also does cordyceps need to be cycled at all. Thanks guys

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
no problems running them together. cordyceps could be run for a long time with no problems. id prolly take a lil break after 3 months or so. what cordy product are u using? i tried bulk powder and didnt notice any benefits at all but cordygen5 did help me with endurance

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, I guess my main concern here is, sense both have effects on hormones and sense cordyceps is so broad, I wanted to make sure both can be taken. Dont want to inadvertanley cause some issue. It would be an alternating days. Also does cordyceps need to be cycled at all. Thanks guys
Cordyceps helps re endurance and increasing your body's ability to utilize oxygen (i.e. blood) as opposed to changing hormonal status.

Nettle root helps increase free and total testosterone - so is going to have some effect on your hormones, but once you stop using it, effects will wane and you will return to normal.

Depending on the product and whether it contains other ingredients, Cordyceps can be used all the time.

Nettle Root should be cycled, ideally periods of 8-12 weeks use, with 2-4 weeks break before using again.

~Rosie~

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
A key thing you need to understand here...the substances you are referring to are natural and work within your body's own natural limits. In essence, the effects on your hormones as you put it is not something to worry about. You are not going to cause a problem that cannot be undone...they are not exogenous hormones (steroids). As with any herbal substances, you need to use them for long periods of time to get the most beneficial results. Typically 8-12 weeks. However, after 12 weeks it is always best to take a break otherwise your body will adapt and the herbs will have diminishing returns and potentially not even work depending on how your body functions.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

ramon25

Awards
thanks for the response guys! I was gonna use the Swanson brand cordyceps. But will look into the product referenced. In regards to nettle root. I am looking at like a long term sup. So I plan on taking some every two days just for a "little" extra boost nothing more. And cordyceps would be in the days inbetween the nettle.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the response guys! I was gonna use the Swanson brand cordyceps. But will look into the product referenced. In regards to nettle root. I am looking at like a long term sup. So I plan on taking some every two days just for a "little" extra boost nothing more. And cordyceps would be in the days inbetween the nettle.
No worries :)

If you're going to use Cordyceps, look into Millennium Sport Technologies' Cordyceps, or Applied NUtriceuticals' Drive (if you want more than just straight Cordyceps).

As far as usage, I would recommend daily instead of every other day use for the cumulative effects - with both Cordyceps and Nettle Root.

~Rosie~

ramon25

Awards
So I guess the reason I dont want to do it everyday is because of the increasing DHT too much and potentially losing hair.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
No worries :)

If you're going to use Cordyceps, look into Millennium Sport Technologies' Cordyceps, or Applied NUtriceuticals' Drive (if you want more than just straight Cordyceps)~Rosie~
Great advice here! The planet has a great deal on Cordygen5 right now which I highly recommend. I've used Swanson's Cordyceps before and Millennium's version is much better.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I guess the reason I dont want to do it everyday is because of the increasing DHT too much and potentially losing hair.
Not sure where you are getting your information on these compounds, but it's very wrong. You're talking about Cordyceps and Rhodiola Rosea - neither of which have an effect on DHT levels!

~Rosie~

ramon25

Awards
Um, I ver said anything about rhoodiola lol? In reagrds to nettle root. Mike mahler a hormone expert claims nettle raised dht because it increased free test and stops the conversion of of test to estr hence it will allow more test to be converted to dht.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Um, I ver said anything about rhoodiola lol? In reagrds to nettle root. Mike mahler a hormone expert claims nettle raised dht because it increased free test and stops the conversion of of test to estr hence it will allow more test to be converted to dht.
Um, bud you are getting confused. Plain old nettle root will not have an effect on your DHT levels. However, it may be possible that 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran (AKA Divanil), a lignan found in stinging nettle root may have an effect on DHT levels, but only if you are using a concentrated extract of it such as what is found in DS ActiVate Xtreme and other natty based test boosters.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

ramon25

Awards
Well if it has an effect on free T then it should have an effect DHT. And again "I" am not confused.... This was reccomended by mike mahler the kettlebell and hormone optimization expert. So he must be confused lol. If u want just Google Mike mahler and DHT, the article will pop up. I am taking a root extract by now foods..