Whey protein powder to bulk BCAA conversion

1. Whey protein powder to bulk BCAA conversion

I ran out of protein powder that I use for my post-workout shake. I tend to take 2 scoops, roughly 50g of whey protein isolate in that shake. I have a kilo of Nutraplanets' Bulk BCAA powder, 10g BCAA per scoop. Is there a conversion ratio for the two? For example, 10g BCAA = 20g protein powder?

2. You shouldn't be replacing your protein with BCAA's. You should be combining them.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    You shouldn't be replacing your protein with BCAA's. You should be combining them.
    No one's replacing anything. I ran out of whey powder and until my new order comes in, I'm looking to see how many scoops of these BCAA's are equivilent to what I was taking.

4. Ok, well I don't quite understand what you're asking. Are you taking calorie wise?

5. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Ok, well I don't quite understand what you're asking. Are you taking calorie wise?
    50g whey powder = Xg BCAA

Is there any sort of rough conversion?
    •   

6. Perhaps a more refined question is, what would the appropriate amount of BCAA's be to take post workout, should one want to supplement with them alone, rather than a whey protein powder shake?

7. 5 grams

8. As long as your getting 3 grams of leucine in 1 hour your fine.

9. FWIW, i drink 30-40g EAAs and BCAAs pre/intra/post workout so id say 10-15g BCAAs post workout should do the trick
    CELTIC LABS REP

10. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    FWIW, i drink 30-40g EAAs and BCAAs pre/intra/post workout so id say 10-15g BCAAs post workout should do the trick
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
  3. EAAs and BCAA instead of Protein powder?
    By corsaking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 04:48 PM
  4. Whey Protein Vs. BCAA
    By MEH89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 04:14 AM
  5. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 01:17 PM