Powershock vs extend

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.24%

Powershock vs extend

Got a decent deal on the powershock...hows it compare to xtend....do the bcaa nitrates make a difference.....ive recently tried creatine nitrate and am loving it so i got hi hopes for this also

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

powershock sucks, you have no idea what your getting, no increase in pumps or anything, and its a touch to sweet
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.19%

i love hte stuff, recvoery was good, it has at least 1g beta alanine in it because i get the tingles....

id say its better than xtend due to the glutamine in xtend,
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.99%

powershock is superior compared to xtend. it has all of the esential amino acids + nitrat bcaas + CM and beta alanin. a decent no booster prior and 2 scoops powershock during training work wonders for me, best pump and intra-set regeneration so far
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.18%

why does the glutamine ruin xtend?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.2%

I can't really say either way because it is very difficult to compare amino products. That being said, power shock contains essential aminos, whereas Xtend is BCAAs only, and as a side note, the fruit punch flavour of Power Shock is sooooo tasty (I didn't much care for the grape flavour though).
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have tried both and like both. fruit punch powershock taste alright. xtend watermelon is my fav
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.84%

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    why does the glutamine ruin xtend?
    Read the write-up for USP labs Modern BCAA it has some info on why BCAA products shouldn't use L-glutamine.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/u...428-grams.html
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.73%

I've never heard of power shock... always just used xtend or intrabolic but power shock is much more affordable, I'm interested in hearing other user feedback.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.19%

funny that you say powershock is more affordable..... what are you basing this on?
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%

I liked it but question how much citrulline, BA, and nitrates it actually has since it is a prop blend.

As far as the glutamine, I am not sure it helps but am not ready to accept USPLabs's resons either. There is glutamine in milk. Do you mean to tell me that milk is toxic then since it is a liquid that contains glutamine?

Then this: Everyone knows creatine can quickly turn to its waste byproduct creatinine when mixed in water…

Isn't the general concensus now that the above statement is not exactly accurate? What does "quickly" mean? Minutes? Hours? So I guess no one should add creatine to an Intra right?

Not attacking anyone but these are supplement companies and they need to market their products. It is not that hard to craft something with flawed information into looking like a solid scientific document. If someone would like to educate me to the contrary, I would welcome it. Those are just my skepticisms based on what I know. Just sayin...
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.19%

Quote Originally Posted by ccnAbolic View Post
    I liked it but question how much citrulline, BA, and nitrates it actually has since it is a prop blend.

As far as the glutamine, I am not sure it helps but am not ready to accept USPLabs's resons either. There is glutamine in milk. Do you mean to tell me that milk is toxic then since it is a liquid that contains glutamine? no, being that it is naturally occuring that way im betting its stable, nature is a miracle....its when science tries to recreate nature we tend t **** it up.... taking elemental aminos and adding them together in a vacuum doesnt not give the same results as what nature can do

Then this: Everyone knows creatine can quickly turn to its waste byproduct creatinine when mixed in water…

Isn't the general concensus now that the above statement is not exactly accurate? What does "quickly" mean? Minutes? Hours? So I guess no one should add creatine to an Intra right?

Not attacking anyone but these are supplement companies and they need to market their products. It is not that hard to craft something with flawed information into looking like a solid scientific document. If someone would like to educate me to the contrary, I would welcome it. Those are just my skepticisms based on what I know. Just sayin...
    above in bold
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.99%

u can expect about 1,5g CM and 1-1,5g beta alanin per serving of powershock. with double serving u get a fair amount, just enough to notice.

i highly doubt that glutamin has such a high waste product convertability. also, i wouldn't bother with it or adding it, since 90% of ingested glutamine ends up in the intestines. the glutamine in the amino acid pool is synthesized out of bcaa
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%

Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    above in bold
    Yeah, I thought of that and it does make sense. Still, it just shows the companies need to do more than just spit out snazzy one-liners. Look at all the creatine vs designer creatine that went back and forth until it was settled, for the most part.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.18%

i have no imput on the glutamine turning into waste, i always just assumed it wouldnt benifit my muscles much, but does have immune and intensitinal health properites, can be converted to sugar for energy ect.
    Also creatine mono doesnt convert into creatinine for about 8hrs in a liquid, companies say it coverts RIGHT now to sell there designer crap
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.19%

well i was going to quote teh above about the designer creatines being settled, but with creatien nitrate and creatine glycerol phosphate still in the hunt and kre-alkalyn sales not dropping i doubt that its true
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%

Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    well i was going to quote teh above about the designer creatines being settled, but with creatien nitrate and creatine glycerol phosphate still in the hunt and kre-alkalyn sales not dropping i doubt that its true
    I guess you're right there, LOL. What I should have said was that the designer creatines have failed to disprove mono, other than it doesn't work for some. In addition, some of the designers have lost popularity and been found to be the unstable ones.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.18%

creatine glycerol phosphate is garbage, i good idea on paper but does not produce in the real world
    Kre-alkalyne has no backing, creatine mono is 100% stable already, cant improve upon 100 folks
  19. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.86%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I'd take Powershock over Xtend any day
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.24%

I tried my first dose of powershock today, not during a workout, just for the hell of it...It was tasty (fruitpunch) and felt a little rush of energy (b-6 maybe??) I like extend (only tried watermelon), but this powershock seems promising tho....gonna try it during workout tommarrow. I think prices are comparable to extend, guess it all depends on where u get it and who has a sale going....plus a serving of PS is 2 scoops where as i was using 4 of extend
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.18%

right you were using 4 scoops of xtend, but 2 scoops is serving...its just about the same in the end, i tried powershock, wasnt impressed, idk i took it pre-wo tho
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.24%

And bleive it or not, i actually saw veins in my forarms....been a while since thats happened..haha, long time actually
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I use power shock 1 hour before my workout and than 30 min before pre workout.

I use gear in the morning 1st thing and between meals. Mid workout I use modern bcaa's 1 scoop vs 2.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Extend
    By BigKrabbe in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:35 PM
  2. extend my pulse, or not extend???
    By tunnelrat in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
  3. ICE/Extend
    By Shorinryu in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7