Post-wo carbs

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you guys do for post-wo carbs these days?
I only use 10g bcaa or a product like intrabolic post-wo
I like to add about 50g carbs immediately post-wo then eat 30min later as in layne nortons routine.
I was curious what would you guys use for right after?
Im considering chaind reaction by alri
or just going with a banana and some ezeikel cin raises toast

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
I make a pow shake myself and use 60-90 g of Vitargo. It definitely helps my recover and restore glycogen faster.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that product looks really good man, nice find

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For a solid 7 years now, I've been doing 45g protein, 80 gram dextrose, 10 grams creatine mono. I've cycled off before, and the difference is big, I will never got a post wo without it.

MrDeadlift

Awards
Similar to you, in the past my favorite mix was 10g BCAA + 10 grams Glutamine + 50 Dextrose followed by a balanced meal or homemade MRP shake within 30-40 minutes, if i am on a budget constraints then 25 g whey protein + 50 dextrose will do followed by a meal or a shake as well. Currenlty, I consume a small serving of my pre/intra mix Bulldozer XL5000 with protein/dextrose part of my post (since it has creatine, beta alanine and glycine). Sometimes I just rely on Gatorade as my source of sugar when I am on a rush.

The best results I ever got part of my post regiment for improved recovery happen when adding a potent antioxidant formula. Made a huge difference in terms of my recovery so give it a try.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I make a pow shake myself and use 60-90 g of Vitargo. It definitely helps my recover and restore glycogen faster.
I really want to try Vitargo but it's soooooo expensive.

I do MuscleFeast products cause there cheap and they have the COA so it's legit. 1 serving of Hydro whey + 1.5 servings of there casein + 1-2 serving(s) of waxy maize. All in 8-16 oz of milk and 2-3 servings of PB. If I'm on cut I'll take the waxy maize out and only do 1 serving of PB. I love the results I've been getting and it's super cheap :D

BTW
:hijacked:
Another SKEET-tastic log by LUE! Green Mag+Blue GENE(sponsored), SON!!!!!!!!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i looked at your log a lil bit ago, waxy maize is garbage imo
plus that a crap ton of protein in a sitting man, you dont need 70g there
ill prob try vitargo

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like to add about 50g carbs immediately post-wo then eat 30min later as in layne nortons routine.
eh i keep it simple stupid......

2 scoops country time lemonade, =64g sugar,
20g waxy maize or oats,
2 scoops MAP=casein hydrosolate, for the fast aminos....

great recovery great fullness and i love it

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
ill prob try vitargo
Thanks for checking out my log bro. Dextrose and waxy are the two most popular and $20 for 95 servings is dirt cheap. I personally looked at vitargo cost to much for me. Also that is 34g of fast absorbing protein and 40.8g of casein. Casein is slow absorbing protein so I don't see how it would mess with anything. Skim milk is 20/80 and there is no problem there.

maddbomber

Awards
i do 4 scoops of extend with 2 scoops of dextrose during the workout, 2 scoops of protein in water immediately following the workout, a whole meal with some type of lean meat and a potato within 90 minutes (usually 60 min) of the protein shake

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im curious if anyone has any idea where i can get palantinose from?
but imma try chaind reaction, i dont react well to waxy maize or dextrose. I use to love a medium banana with 25g palantinose post-wo

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
ill prob try vitargo
I've tried all three: waxy, dextrose and vitargo. By far the best results I got were from vitargo. As far as price try finding in a biggr bulk, it should be cheaper. That's how I get my stuff.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what about karbolyn who has opinions on that?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i powerlift too, but seriously pizza?
i may just grind some rice up or something, all that sugar doesnt sit well with me

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Immediately after a workout I have bcaa, glutamine and creatine.
Get home and my carb meal varies from all oats, to pancakes and cereal.

pero

Awards
I use 30g maltodextrin with a no/pre workout supplement 20min prior training,
30g maltodextrin with 20g free form amino acids during workout,
35g blg whey+35g maltodextrin+15g plain sugar after workout,
30 min later another shake of 35 g whey,50 g maltodextrin, 10g sugar
and 45 min after the second shake a solid meal 35g protein+70-80g starchy carbs (white rice, bread, pizza dough, wheat gritz)

as far as I'm concerned, 35-45g whey + 40-60g fast carbs + 5g creatine is the optimal choice right after workout. free form amino acids should be consumed prior and during workout primarily, u could however use them in addition to whey in pwo shake to enhance the amino acid profile.
glutamine is optional

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I have all my post workout stuff while driving 15min. to work. I'm totally pressed for time and this is my second "meal" before 5am. Since I'm driving I eat homemade oatmeal cookies, a double serving protein drink in milk, and powdered gatorade in 32oz of water with a tbs of corn syrup. It's a lot of liquid in 15min, but it works for me.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
would malto and a banana be a good choice?
anyones opinions on chaind reaction?
a lot of good idea hear im learning my fear of fast carbs and sugars may not be all to good

pero

Awards
maltodextrin is ok. banana will sit up in your stomach. just go with whey+malto pwo and starchy carbs later

the time around training is the best time to ingest higher amounts of fast carbs, since they will be immediately used for glycogen resynthesis and maintain stable blood sugar levels

TxHomeGrown

Awards
I've used dextrose, and I've used just regular cane sugar. I have noticed literally no difference.