Flashover VS Maximize V2

  1. Registered User
    freefall365's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    28
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    1035

    Flashover VS Maximize V2


    How does flashover compare to maximive V2. long time fan on the MV2, but flashover is a great price right now at the planet and looks to be a very similar profile.

    thanks

  2. Registered User
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    canada, ontario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,860
    Rep Power
    3378682

    I just tried Flashover last night, I was impressed I found it was pretty good, I'd say close to MaximizeV2, but I still like the ingredient lay out a little more in MaximizeV2. Taste wise MaximizeV2 takes it, I found the taste of Flashover was pretty bad.
  3. Registered User
    freefall365's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    28
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    1035

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    I just tried Flashover last night, I was impressed I found it was pretty good, I'd say close to MaximizeV2, but I still like the ingredient lay out a little more in MaximizeV2. Taste wise MaximizeV2 takes it, I found the taste of Flashover was pretty bad.
    Thanks man.

    So the flashover tase is pretty bad--like hard to get down?


    i do like the taste of both MV2 flavors.

    Thing about flashover is no prop blends which I always appreciate.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    canada, ontario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,860
    Rep Power
    3378682

    Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    Thanks man.

    So the flashover tase is pretty bad--like hard to get down?


    i do like the taste of both MV2 flavors.

    Thing about flashover is no prop blends which I always appreciate.
    It's def worth picking up, but I can't even compare the taste to any other pre-workouts, I thought JP8 tasted better, but may just be me. Great price at Nutraplanet right now.
  5. Registered User
    ccnAbolic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    86039

    Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    Thanks man.

    So the flashover tase is pretty bad--like hard to get down?


    i do like the taste of both MV2 flavors.

    Thing about flashover is no prop blends which I always appreciate.
    I have both. I like both. Flashover tastes fine to me. A little like cheap bubble gum tho. The main thing with Flashover is the residue- always add a little water and shake after you are done to get all the GMS. However, I believe it is being reformulated to have a more mixable form. Still, I just think of them as flavor crystals

    Energy - slight edge to MV2

    Crash - Even, as in none for either. However MV2 seems to stay with me for hours and hours.

    Pump - Edge to Flashover

    Focus - about the same

    Euphoria(if you care about that) - MV2

    Sometimes I even do a half dose of each...Just for the hell of it. All in all both are fine products.
  6. Registered User
    freefall365's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    28
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    1035

    Quote Originally Posted by ccnAbolic View Post
    I have both. I like both. Flashover tastes fine to me. A little like cheap bubble gum tho. The main thing with Flashover is the residue- always add a little water and shake after you are done to get all the GMS. However, I believe it is being reformulated to have a more mixable form. Still, I just think of them as flavor crystals

    Energy - slight edge to MV2

    Crash - Even, as in none for either. However MV2 seems to stay with me for hours and hours.

    Pump - Edge to Flashover

    Focus - about the same

    Euphoria(if you care about that) - MV2

    Sometimes I even do a half dose of each...Just for the hell of it. All in all both are fine products.

    ^^ thanks! very informative.
  7. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    27,595
    Rep Power
    10638571

    if results and price are close i will support the company that doesn't use prop blends.
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,074
    Rep Power
    917999

    I thought the taste was good and it's a steal for $15.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Registered User
    Zombie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    AlphaMale Land- Arizona Population 1 xD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,609
    Rep Power
    2929

    i have both of them right now here at my desk at my office. I like the taste of Maximizev2 to be zippin at it for a while, with cold water it almost taste like c light fruit punch. Flash over for me it doesnt taste bad actually it taste like spermint gum.

    Efect wise i like both of them. but Maximize effect last longer after i workout lol so i either have to take it like at-3-4pm or take it at 7pm preworkout(usually workout at 8pm) and realize that im not going to get some sleep like till 5 am.

    but both of them are g2g on my book
  10. Registered User
    ccnAbolic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    86039

    Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    ^^ thanks! very informative.
    NP. If you've never tried a product containing GMS, drink lots of water before, during, and after. Really helps the pump aspect.
  11. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    i see they changed the GMS for glycine in flashover now if u check the nutra ingredient profile. i tried a sample of flashover AFTER i passed the deal for it last time for $15 and i was blown away by it (2 scoops flash felt like 3 scoops of jack3d). i still want to try out maximize and had it in the cart till nutra added in flashover for their sale.
  12. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Quote Originally Posted by ccnAbolic View Post
    I have both. I like both. Flashover tastes fine to me. A little like cheap bubble gum tho. The main thing with Flashover is the residue- always add a little water and shake after you are done to get all the GMS. However, I believe it is being reformulated to have a more mixable form. Still, I just think of them as flavor crystals

    Energy - slight edge to MV2

    Crash - Even, as in none for either. However MV2 seems to stay with me for hours and hours.

    Pump - Edge to Flashover

    Focus - about the same

    Euphoria(if you care about that) - MV2

    Sometimes I even do a half dose of each...Just for the hell of it. All in all both are fine products.
    Solid comparison! That will be very helpful to many, I am sure! I never tried flashover, but Maximize def is solid and doesn't let very many if any down.

    Mike
  13. Banned
    JayJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duesseldorf Germany
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    0

    I've tried both and i prefer Flashover over Maximize v2, but both are great products.
  14. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    got my flashover in today, stuff is great. its legit twice as strong as jacked per scoop. i think im gona order some more just for the future in case 1,3dmaa is ever banned.
  15. Registered User
    adawg4929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    251

    Very interesting, they both look like they would be awesome pre workout products. Im wondering how removing GMS and adding glycine changed the pump effect, cause i know GMS is very noticeable however havent heard the same for glycine.
  16. Registered User
    SolidusSnake's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    348

    I liked flashover and I like MV2..
    MV2 had better energy and focus.
    Flash had more of a pump.
    MV2 tastes mucho better..

    Both are great.
  17. Registered User
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8204

    Quote Originally Posted by adawg4929 View Post
    Very interesting, they both look like they would be awesome pre workout products. Im wondering how removing GMS and adding glycine changed the pump effect, cause i know GMS is very noticeable however havent heard the same for glycine.
    I think it's a scam. They took something that was clumpy, and replaced it with something that could be a fine powder, and sounded similar. I don't think the similar sounding compound dose the same thing though. It's just a trick to make people think the product still works as good.
  18. Registered User
    ccnAbolic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    86039

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    I think it's a scam. They took something that was clumpy, and replaced it with something that could be a fine powder, and sounded similar. I don't think the similar sounding compound dose the same thing though. It's just a trick to make people think the product still works as good.
    Mr. Dong, I don't think that is Omega's style. They have one of the better reputations out there as far as I know. Plus, it still has L-Norvaline in it and I think that helps too...Would love for a knowledgable non-rep or one that's not just pimping their product to chime in...

    I have so much stuff already that I won't be getting any for awhile. Would love to sample and tell you for myself though.
  19. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    I think it's a scam. They took something that was clumpy, and replaced it with something that could be a fine powder, and sounded similar. I don't think the similar sounding compound dose the same thing though. It's just a trick to make people think the product still works as good.

    i wouldnt call it a scam, GMS is dirt cheap so u could just throw in some bulk if u really want it. either way with all the stims it has, it wont negatively affect your pump. and for the price (half what jacked is now) theres no way you can say anything negative about it. im gona try two scoops tomorrow and ill let you know how it goes. usually i can only take jacked once a week if i take no other stimulants all week. if i do this it has a decent effect at 3 scoops, any more frequent and it doesnt do sh1t. i took it monday and didnt do hardly anything, then only took one scoop of flashover wednesday and i felt it better than what jacked did for me. im gona take 2 scoops tomorrow and ill let you know how the pump is. the original flashover gave me an awesome pump from the gms, so i will compare to that.
  20. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    pump effect @ 2 scoops is not what it was with the GMS :-/
  21. Registered User
    ccnAbolic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    86039

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    pump effect @ 2 scoops is not what it was with the GMS :-/
    Maybe do best of 5?
  22. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    Quote Originally Posted by ccnAbolic View Post
    Maybe do best of 5?
    lol what?
  23. Registered User
    ccnAbolic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    86039

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    lol what?
    haha. I meant keep doing it and let us know, just in case you had a "bad pump day". In the Gym, that is...
  24. Registered User
    JN230's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,071
    Rep Power
    6816

    possibly less carbs that day or not enough water????
  25. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    possibly less carbs that day or not enough water????
    water was high, but i did only intake 20g carbs roughly an hour before i lifted. that was my breakfast. perhaps that could have been it. but if so, then it would be the carbs giving me the pump instead. hard to say. but i had an amazing pump from the sample i had containing GMS. did the layne norton chest/arm routine with a buddy and i felt like killing babies and lifting forever. pump was awesome
  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,074
    Rep Power
    917999

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    water was high, but i did only intake 20g carbs roughly an hour before i lifted. that was my breakfast. perhaps that could have been it. but if so, then it would be the carbs giving me the pump instead. hard to say. but i had an amazing pump from the sample i had containing GMS. did the layne norton chest/arm routine with a buddy and i felt like killing babies and lifting forever. pump was awesome
    Don't forget that carbs help with the hydration of the muscle cell. You need glycogen to have a pump, too.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Registered User
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8204

    Why are people sticking up for this? GMS gives pumps. Glycine, not so much.
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,074
    Rep Power
    917999

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Why are people sticking up for this? GMS gives pumps. Glycine, not so much.
    In this instance, Matt and Omega have a stellar reputation and should be given the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure if you ask him directly that he'd give you an answer for the switch.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  29. Registered User
    SolidusSnake's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    348

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Don't forget that carbs help with the hydration of the muscle cell. You need glycogen to have a pump, too.
    I consumed about 60g carbs pre training and 2 scoops of the new flashover and it isnt the same pumps as the old version.
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,074
    Rep Power
    917999

    Quote Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
    I consumed about 60g carbs pre training and 2 scoops of the new flashover and it isnt the same pumps as the old version.
    n=1 is a useless sample.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  31. Registered User
    ccnAbolic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    86039

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    n=1 is a useless sample.
    Yes, agreed. Would be interested to see feedback after continued use from many.
  32. Registered User
    SolidusSnake's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    348

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    n=1 is a useless sample.
    Im sorry that I am being honest.
    I have used both multiple times, with no carbs, more carbs, low water, a lot of water.. Old version better pumps hands down.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,074
    Rep Power
    917999

    Quote Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
    Im sorry that I am being honest.
    I have used both multiple times, with no carbs, more carbs, low water, a lot of water.. Old version better pumps hands down.
    The new version has been out less than a month...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. Registered User
    SolidusSnake's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    348

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The new version has been out less than a month...
    And? What does that mean? I just finished a jug the other day. The NEW version.
  35. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    n=1 is a useless sample.
    n=2

    it really isnt the same
  36. Registered User
    SolidusSnake's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    348

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    n=2

    it really isnt the same
    true
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. flashover?
    By SweetLou321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 01:54 PM
  2. MAXIMIZE Your SAVINGS with Maximize V2 and Adipoxil!!!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:11 AM
  3. MAXIMIZE Your SAVINGS with Maximize V2 and Adipoxil!!!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum I-Force Nutrition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 10:47 AM
  4. FlashOver???
    By fidget324 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in