enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What's up all?

I turn 39 in January. I'm thinking about devoting more time/effort than ever into my lifestyle of fitness so that when I hit 40 I'll look my best ever!!! Since I've joined this forum (under a different name back in '04) I've improved my physique each & every year! I'd like to really go all out in '11 & see my abs.

I know that diet is priority #1, & I've already been planning out different meals for work days & off days. I work shift work - 2 days on, 2 nights on, 4 days off. They are 12 hour shifts, but I usually end up working a couple 16 hour shifts & an extra 12 hour shift to keep my paychecks where I need them to support my family. I have a wife that stays home w/ a 3 year old & 7 month old. I'd rather be work the overtime & have the wife stay home raising my kids than some day care..

Anyway, due to all the hours I work, & the busy family life that I have when I'm here @ home, I feel that stress is upon me 24/7.. I can only imagine my cortisol levels..

I plan on running a couple PH cycles & have a decent amount of other supps lying in wait.. For cutting, I plan on running probably OEP or HEAT, and possibly Eviscerate/clen (clenviscerate) I like running that in the summer for when I'm really trying to lean out. But in '11, I'd like to try to stay lean all year, rather than any time bulking. Even w/ the PH's, I plan on trying to lean bulk.

So, like I was referring to earlier. What's a good cort controller out there? What's everyone had good luck with?

What other suggestions or motivation would any of y'all have for me?

I'm ready to get a plan all laid out, so when Jan 1st hits, I'm ready to hit the ground running!

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Try out some plasma jet by gaspari nutrition. It has a high dose of vitamin C which will help with cortisol. I absolutely love the pump from it as well.

JayJo

Banned
Awards
Lean Xtreme is hands down the best cortisol blocker out there. ;)

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
Try Cissus. It does wonders for other issues as well.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Magnesium oil or Erase or phosphitdylserine

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow! Thanks everyone for all the input! I knew vitamin C was good, but had no idea it was for this as well! I'll be sure & read that article. I completely forgot about cissus! That has been a staple of mine for years now. I?e actually been off it though for a few months now. I mega-dosed it after my surgery, & after I ran out, never replenished my stock. Thinking I'll give the Lean Erxtreme a shot as well. I have a bottle of Triazole that I'll be running eventually, so maybe I'll run those two together.

Thanks again everyone!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin c is good and cheap...

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Have your cortisol levels measured and do not just accept typical broscience that cortisol is bad and needs to be lowered. You know that cortisol is a proven performance enhancer and has numerous benefits, right?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin C does not just help with cort control..
It effectively lowers cort just as good as any expenisve cort lowering product..
This is really interesting, thank you.

How long does Vitamin C stay in the body?

jdrannin1

Awards
Supress-C is a personal fav of mine.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
about 30 minutes in blood plasma
Yikes, I had no idea... that wouldn't even last through a workout. Is there a method to recycle levels for a longer duration to achieve active compound concentration so that 2 doses per day become efficacious?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Look into Pureway-C, it is really good Vitamin C.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Considering what's available right now, I would have to recommend Suppress-C above everything else. More bioavailability than the oral products, and you also know exactly how much you're getting in each serving.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A high dose of vitamin C and EndoAmp Max is my choice of cort control. Plus, you get additional GH benefits from the Alpha-GPC.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have your cortisol levels measured and do not just accept typical broscience that cortisol is bad and needs to be lowered. You know that cortisol is a proven performance enhancer and has numerous benefits, right?
I tend to agree with you here, Using something that controls cortisol after exercise however I find beneficial.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I would agree with the two posts above to the extent that, like with many other supplements, people tend to misuse these things. Too many times I have read about people taking 4-6 caps of Lean Xtreme per day with the mentality that "more is better."

I think ryansm is right about PWO being a beneficial time to use one of these products, but I also think early AM is a good time as well. I currently use Suppress-C, and I use it only first thing in the morning (when cortisol levels are highest) and on the days I workout (usually in the evening with my schedule). In my opinion, those are the only two times of the day cortisol needs to be controlled with supplements. And you should definitely cycle off of the hormonal products like Lean Xtreme, Lean FX, Suppress-C, etc. after 4-6 weeks of continuous use.

If you want to go the completely safe route, then : Sensoril (Ashwagandha), Viramin C, and phosphatidylserine would be a good option.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
A high dose of vitamin C and EndoAmp Max is my choice of cort control. Plus, you get additional GH benefits from the Alpha-GPC.
This^^^ makes me feel great..
Great cort control, and GH release. Cant get better than that.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, I'm glad I was able to stir something up like this. I'm sure my cort levels aren't severely out of wack, but the lifestyle I live (lack of sleep, kids & plenty of overtime) leads me to believe that a little bit of supplementation won't hurt.

Oh, I have some of the original Eviscerate. Won't be using that 'till spring.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
about 30 minutes in blood plasma
Yikes, I had no idea... that wouldn't even last through a workout. Is there a method to recycle levels for a longer duration to achieve active compound concentration so that 2 doses per day become efficacious?
What about Time Release Vitamin C... that would seem to resolve the entire issue of duration.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
erase, endoamp, vitamin c

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As others have stated, Erase is showing to have C lowering effects.

But gun to my head I would with the king being EndoAmp.

Most people tout Cortisol as the devil hormone when it does play a very important role in the body. The time it becomes a problem is when cortisol is spiking, such as in the morning. EndoAmp modulates Cort to avoid those evil spikes instead of crushing it into the dirt.

if you want the science backed, go with EndoAmp.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Most people tout Cortisol as the devil hormone when it does play a very important role in the body. The time it becomes a problem is when cortisol is spiking, such as in the morning. EndoAmp modulates Cort to avoid those evil spikes instead of crushing it into the dirt.

I've been experimenting with 1/2 scoop first thing in the morning with some MAP and another 1/2 scoop pre-WO. So far, so good.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
Too low cortisol mean achy joints..
Speaking of which, my joints ache right now..
Been dosing endoamp AM and vitamin C in afternoon..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Phospholipids FTW!

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, I'm glad I was able to stir something up like this. I'm sure my cort levels aren't severely out of wack, but the lifestyle I live (lack of sleep, kids & plenty of overtime) leads me to believe that a little bit of supplementation won't hurt.
Probably not since OTC supps are usually pretty weak. Ultimately though, your lifestyle is the problem and it is wishful thinking that you can simply address the symptoms with supps and all will be well.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
retain 2 was my all time fav, but their new version i did not like at all, gave me a stim/wired effect.

Lean Xteme 2 or SNS's product are the ones I would consider. Relora is great too, as are serin-aid based products such as the EndoAmp Primordial offers.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Probably not since OTC supps are usually pretty weak. Ultimately though, your lifestyle is the problem and it is wishful thinking that you can simply address the symptoms with supps and all will be well.
Believe me, I know.. That's why I'm looking for a "supplement".. To supplement my diet & lifestyle. My daughter is 7 months old tomorrow. Her daily & sleeping routines will only improve. Our 3 year old has a great routine, so hers is on the way.

My sleep will increase, and my wife & I both are planning out a more strict diet for the both of us.