I want a good size supplement

rcarracedo

Awards
I'm so sick of this. I'm a normal eater - don't eat alot but not little also. I just can't stuff myself. I am 174lbs - 5' 10" ... I need a supplement to help me gain size. I've tried Prime, Powerfull, Anabolic Pump, CelluTech... you name it. I would appreciate some suggestions. Also - what can I eat to pack calories where I don't have to stuff myself. For example, I take two table spoons of Flax Seed Oil - which account for 240 calories alone.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm so sick of this. I'm a normal eater - don't eat alot but not little also. I just can't stuff myself. I am 174lbs - 5' 10" ... I need a supplement to help me gain size. I've tried Prime, Powerfull, Anabolic Pump, CelluTech... you name it. I would appreciate some suggestions. Also - what can I eat to pack calories where I don't have to stuff myself. For example, I take two table spoons of Flax Seed Oil - which account for 240 calories alone.
If you want size, then you need to EAT FOR SIZE, period - you can't just eat whatever and expect a supplement to do the rest for you.

Review Macronutrient Composition for optimal Muscle Growth and The 5 Basic Staple Supplements

Also look at your training - you need to TRAIN for growth as well if you want it.

~Rosie~

jdrannin1

Awards
X-Factor and bulk creatine. To make life simpler you could buy a pre-made weight gainer. NLarge from Prolab is one I used to use when I first started training. It tastes good and won't break the bank.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
If you have a hard time getting food down, I suggest "Engorge" by Xero Limits.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See bold^

You are simply maintaining so you will no doubt stay the same size.

Best way to add calories to your diet is by adding 2 fat protein shakes a day on top of your food diet. It may be tedious to use a blender and clean it twice a day but it is better than force feeding.

Make 2 shakes a day...

2 scoops protein
2 TB peanut butter
2 TB flax seed oil
1 banana
Add whole milk and blend
Egg (optional)

Add that to your diet, make sure you're eating enough food with 40-50 g protein each meal, then get a creatine supplement and LIFT HEAVY and use that before and after your workout and you will no doubt see size come on.

Put all your money towards creatine and protein and do the above^

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
liver tabs are excellent
they are like humans version of dog-food

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
X2^^^^^ I'm at 40-60 a day
i love taking them on cycle typically on bulks they are an awesome way add some quality calories and amino acids

and dam 40 a day?

the most i ever did was like 30

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
You just gotta get in a lot of the right calories. Shakes make things easier to get extra calories. Check out Optimum Nutrition's serious mass. Take a serving after a workout. Otherwise eat regular meals through out the day.
serving, and I quote:

1,250 CALORIES
50 g of BLENDED PROTEIN
Over 250 g of Carbohydrates with NO ADDED SUGAR
Enhanced with Creatine, Glutamine, and Glutamine Peptides

MrDeadlift

Awards
See bold^

Make 2 shakes a day...

2 scoops protein
2 TB peanut butter
2 TB flax seed oil
1 banana
Add whole milk and blend
Egg (optional)

^
I like your recipe.

To pack healthy calories I also rely on shakes, here is my favorite recipe as well:

I use a large blender, makes 3 servings

1.5 Cups Milk
1 Cup Kefir Yogurt
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1 cup Soy milk (vanilla or plain)
1 banana
1 cup frozen strawberries (sometimes I use mango)
1 large tablespoon Organic Raw Honey
1.5 cups egg white liquid

Sometimes I would also add, 2 teaspoons Lecithin, Instant Oats, or 1 tablespoon Cool Whip, and 1 scoop Vanilla whey protein

I would consume a serving, put the remaining in the fridge, and consume throughout the day

Good Luck

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i love taking them on cycle typically on bulks they are an awesome way add some quality calories and amino acids

and dam 40 a day?

the most i ever did was like 30
6 a meal baby!! They're going to need to come out with a 1,000 tab container.

jimlink33

Awards
Dude, if you want to put on size eat three squares and drink a gallon of whole milk each day. Supplements are not your problem, you need to work hard and have massive calorie intake. Supplements are exactly what their name suggests, supplements!!

Shankelll

Awards
I've used many different high calorie protein supplements. The one that seemed to be the most help is IsoMass Extreme Gainer by Ultimate Nutrition. I'm not sure if your looking for a high calorie Protein shake but this is what i used :thumbsup: I'd Appreciate opinions on other shakes as well :cheers:

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I understand just fine. Just saying that your description of them sounded awful.
suite yourself but just saying uni-liver by universal is great for bulking plus very inexpensive

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
suite yourself but just saying uni-liver by universal is great for bulking plus very inexpensive
After I'm thru my tub of uni-liver I'm gonna give organic cat liver a shot... I hear it has one hell of a P vitamin complex....

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
liver tabs are excellent
they are like humans version of dog-food
HAHA, awesome.

I have 6 tabs between meals :)

Also, some of the advice above is VERY solid. Eating is key, literally... eat until you're sick and then eat again. You need an ongoing two-three week period to gauge any type of results or physique changes. So increase your calories.

EVERY SINGLE client I have ever worked with 'thought' they were eating right or enough, and I have YET to speak or counsel one, that was.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
After I'm thru my tub of uni-liver I'm gonna give organic cat liver a shot... I hear it has one hell of a P vitamin complex....
Your post made some cat-food advertisements pop up from Google Ads at the bottom of the page, haha!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lmao!^^^ so u take the liver between meals? I've been taking with meals along with fish oil (makes the fish burps stop for some reason)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Lmao!^^^ so u take the liver between meals? I've been taking with meals along with fish oil (makes the fish burps stop for some reason)
My fish oils are enteric coated. Yes, I take them between meals to continue an elevation of nitrogen levels.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Food and Creatine!

2buff

2buff

Awards
When it comes to packing on size, you need to consume plenty of quality carbs, protein and healthy fats. Carbohydrates should make up the bulk of an offseason mass plan because they create an environment for growth by stimulating insulin release.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Douse whatever you cook in olive oil. Super painless way to get 800 more calories a day.

Milk is the king of bulking.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Douse whatever you cook in olive oil. Super painless way to get 800 more calories a day.

Milk is the king of bulking.
lol right on!! Olive Oil, Milk & Dbol!! :D

rcarracedo

Awards
Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention I am also 42. Training isn't new to me but my ideas are atiquated. I was just on Ensure Plus (350 Calories) with my meals but I think it got me constipated - too much iron. As a result I got heart burn and bloated. I am going to look into the supplements you suggested.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
straight breast milk
I prefer strawberry^^^^

I ONLY drink Whole milk! It is against my principles to eat anything with fat removed!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I prefer strawberry^^^^

I ONLY drink Whole milk! It is against my principles to eat anything with fat removed!
I drink butter-cream milk and heavy whipping cream! BEAT THAT!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do whipping cream and half/half on occasion . . . not one for buttermilk.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes... I go cow tipping JUST for easier access directly to the utter. But then, after about my second gallon of milk, I get kind of grossed out.