NEW STUDY ON GPLC - 1.5g/day

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same guys as always studying it...looks like they are trying to promote a lower dose can be used which is weird since a previous study said 4.5g was needed. Now this one says "it depends". Blah

Long-term glycine propionyl-l-carnitine supplemention and paradoxical effects on repeated anaerobic sprint performance

Department of Exercise Science, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA

Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2010

Abstract
Background

It has been demonstrated that acute GPLC supplementation produces enhanced anaerobic work capacity with reduced lactate production in resistance trained males. However, it is not known what effects chronic GPLC supplementation has on anaerobic performances or lactate clearance.

Purpose

The purpose of this study was to examine the long-term effects of different dosages of GPLC supplementation on repeated high intensity stationary cycle sprint performance.

Methods

Forty-five resistance trained men participated in a double-blind, controlled research study. All subjects completed two testing sessions, seven days apart, 90 minutes following oral ingestion of either 4.5 grams GPLC or 4.5 grams cellulose (PL), in randomized order. The exercise testing protocol consisted of five 10-second Wingate cycle sprints separated by 1-minute active recovery periods. Following completion of the second test session, the 45 subjects were randomly assigned to receive 1.5 g, 3.0 g, or 4.5 g GPLC per day for a 28 day period. Subjects completed a third test session following the four weeks of GPLC supplementation using the same testing protocol. Values of peak power (PP), mean power (MP) and percent decrement of power (DEC) were determined per bout and standardized relative to body mass. Heart rate (HR) and blood lactate (LAC) were measured prior to, during and following the five sprint bouts.

Results

There were no significant effects of condition or significant interaction effects detected for PP and MP. However, results indicated that sprint bouts three, four and five produced 2 - 5% lower values of PP and 3 - 7% lower values of MP with GPLC at 3.0 or 4.5 g per day as compared to baseline values. Conversely, 1.5 g GPLC produced 3 - 6% higher values of PP and 2 -5% higher values of MP compared with PL baseline values. Values of DEC were significantly greater (15-20%) greater across the five sprint bouts with 3.0 g or 4.5 g GPLC, but the 1.5 g GPLC supplementation produced DEC values -5%, -3%, +4%, +5%, and +2% different from the baseline PL values. The 1.5 g group displayed a statistically significant 24% reduction in net lactate accumulation per unit power output (p < 0.05).

Conclusions

The effects of GPLC supplementation on anaerobic work capacity and lactate accumulation appear to be dosage dependent. Four weeks of GPLC supplementation at 3.0 and 4.5 g/day resulted in reduced mean values of power output with greater rates of DEC compared with baseline while 1.5 g/day produced higher mean values of MP and PP with modest increases of DEC. Supplementation of 1.5 g/day also produced a significantly lower rate of lactate accumulation per unit power output compared with 3.0 and 4.5 g/day. In conclusion, GPLC appears to be a useful dietary supplement to enhance anaerobic work capacity and potentially sport performance, but apparently the dosage must be determined specific to the intensity and duration of exercise.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I have several tubs of GPLC, is this stuff worth the hype or not?

I cant say for sure if it works or not...

NattyD, you have any experience with the GPLC and/or LCLT.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GPLC does work and I do notice it...but it is hard to say whether it is worth the steep cost. Their studies are pretty...biased...if you ask me.

LCLT is great stuff IMO

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
interesting.haven't heard this brought up in quite a few.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
GPLC does work and I do notice it...but it is hard to say whether it is worth the steep cost. Their studies are pretty...biased...if you ask me.

LCLT is great stuff IMO

I guess I need to fit this in my regimen somehow.

Im thinkining 3.5g's of GPLC instead of the 4.5g and 1g of LCLT 3 times ED.

Do you take them everyday?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I take LCLT i take it daily (2g). When I take GPLC I take 4.5g preworkout (workout days only)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
When I take LCLT i take it daily (2g). When I take GPLC I take 4.5g preworkout (workout days only)
yeah, thats more cost effective for sure.

I think I will run my ED, probably kick it up around new years and see how it does.

I have 1000gs of GPLC and 200gs of LCLT to use up.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
How much did that cost ya?
Less than 140 bucks if my memory serves me.

4x 250gs of Superior Nutraceuticals GPLC= 110 ish shipped for the lot( good luck finding a deal like that) they are 90 a tub online
2x 100g's of RPN's LCLT= 15 each from NP. I had alot of them and sold or traded.

I stole the GPLC needless to say.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
indeed that is a steal. Cheaper than what they sell to most of their licensed out companies as a matter of fact. Maybe you caught an "at-cost" sale

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
indeed that is a steal. Cheaper than what they sell to most of their licensed out companies as a matter of fact. Maybe you caught an "at-cost" sale
I think so.

Looking at my actual invoice, $37.5 per 250g's shipped. Not too bad.

So 150 for the 4, plus whatever the RPN actually was. 10 or 15 a bottle from NP, I cant remember.

Attachments

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't find that brand Superior Nutraceuticals. Is that the cheepest you think cheeper than PP. ?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I can't find that brand Superior Nutraceuticals. Is that the cheepest you think cheeper than PP. ?
only 1 place i have found it online. starts with an E and is like 90 bucks per 250gs

i think pp comes out to 80 bucks for 270gs(4 bags)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So it is cheeper to get it from PP then?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any foul taste with the GPLC? Please describe

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
i dont really notice it.

GPLC or LCLT isnt terrible, but i wouldnt cook with it.

i just mix it up in a 16oz water bottle and swig it down when i use it.

guess im going to implement both again starting this week.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I bought the bulk gplc from pp, I believe it is called glycocarn. I only bought one bag, $20 for 67.5g. Recommended dose is 4.5g on the bag. I noticed a slightly bitter but not bad taste, was kinda nice preworkout it gave my brain a little kick. Better pump than akg and decent energy throughout the workout. I only used it preworkout, at that time it was 3x per week on the built like a badass workout. I would buy it again, but will probably try it with some beta alanine and some of my creapure.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I've used GPLC off and on for the last few years. It works but I have to take 6-7 gm to get a good pump. Some people are more sensitive than others apparently. At low does it makes for a good natural enery enhancer. The stuff is expensive so I don't use it all of the time.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought the bulk gplc from pp, I believe it is called glycocarn. I only bought one bag, $20 for 67.5g. Recommended dose is 4.5g on the bag. I noticed a slightly bitter but not bad taste, was kinda nice preworkout it gave my brain a little kick. Better pump than akg and decent energy throughout the workout. I only used it preworkout, at that time it was 3x per week on the built like a badass workout. I would buy it again, but will probably try it with some beta alanine and some of my creapure.
The addition of Beta-Alinine I think will enhance the effects of GPLC, at least with lactic acid. I would like to hear more feedback on this, so let us know when you decide to do this.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

LCLT is great stuff IMO
Cliffs of the study please... and also why do you say the studies are slanted, are they funded by Sigma Tau?

Thanks man!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cliffs of the study please... and also why do you say the studies are slanted, are they funded by Sigma Tau?

Thanks man!
Most of the studies on GPLC are out of the same two universities (Florida Atlantic, and Univ of Memphis). Not necessarily bad but in general you want to see different institutions have similar findings. This one in the OP was funded by Sigma Tau fwiw.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Most of the studies on GPLC are out of the same two universities (Florida Atlantic, and Univ of Memphis). Not necessarily bad but in general you want to see different institutions have similar findings. This one in the OP was funded by Sigma Tau fwiw.
Sigma... ok, makes sense. I am not a conspirator by any means, so I will take the studies for what they are worth. I have really enjoyed my experiences with GPLC as well.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sigma... ok, makes sense. I am not a conspirator by any means, so I will take the studies for what they are worth. I have really enjoyed my experiences with GPLC as well.
The thing is the studies on LCLT are the same...all done by (forgetting his name) at the Univ of Connecticut. Although the androgen receptor study was done by another researcher.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This ^^^

It doesnt make the studies worthless...I would just like to see some other authors or institutions. Also bigger sample sized. But I am pretty picky lol

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GPLC is pretty good product. I need to pick some up. I wanna mix it with my map and creapure

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
That is why I buy Pre-max it has 4.5g of GPLC!!!!.. One thing I have notice since using pre-max and Ba ( do not use it all the time only on my hardocre workouts) Less DOMS and the recovery is very good! I do not notice any pumps

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Tastes kinda vinegar-like, not bad at all just dont let it sit in your mouth long.

The addition of Beta-Alinine I think will enhance the effects of GPLC, at least with lactic acid. I would like to hear more feedback on this, so let us know when you decide to do this.
FWIW I've cycled GPLC (4.5g) w/ BA (1.6g-3.2g) on and off for a while now. Used the two alone, with Hemavol and stacked with creapure. Endurance was phenomenal with all the combos but I found the best endurance, strength, and recovery with 4.5g GPLC, 3.2g BA and 5 tabs of Hemavol preworkout.

I would usually mix it all up in some flavored BCAA drink and chug.

My next run is gonna be with 4.5 GPLC, 3.2 BA, 1000mg Kre-alkalyn (have a bottle or two just collecting dust), 3g GMS, 5000mcg MB-12 and 5 grams Citrulline Malate.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tastes kinda vinegar-like, not bad at all just dont let it sit in your mouth long.

FWIW I've cycled GPLC (4.5g) w/ BA (1.6g-3.2g) on and off for a while now. Used the two alone, with Hemavol and stacked with creapure. Endurance was phenomenal with all the combos but I found the best endurance, strength, and recovery with 4.5g GPLC, 3.2g BA and 5 tabs of Hemavol preworkout.

My next run is gonna be with 4.5 GPLC, 3.2 BA, 1000mg Kre-alkalyn (have a bottle or two just collecting dust), 3g GMS, 5000mcg MB-12 and 5 grams Citrulline Malate.
Only thing I think I would add to that is a nitrate and maybe agatamine. Either way good stack.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

that looks good.