best protien bar? ??

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I use a pre workout shake asgt and I would like a good protien source to take right after my workout was thinking I would like a protien bar do any of you use them if so what ones and what ones taste the best?

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I use a brand called Supreme Protein, you can pick them up at Walmart. Uses whey isolate and as far as Im aware no soy protein like most other bars. I use them when Iam at work for a long time to eat in between meals

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always been a fan of the Detour bars. Best taste by far IMO, and readily available at most big chain grocery stores.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
VPZ Zero Impact (If they're fresh)
3:1 Cookie bars
Labrada Cookie rolls (cinnamon bun) microwaved for about 10 seconds

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Check out Quest bar they taste very good and don't have a bunch of crap in them!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always been a fan of the Detour bars. Best taste by far IMO, and readily available at most big chain grocery stores.
the detour oatmeal bars are great as meal replacements.

VPZ Zero Impact (If they're fresh)
3:1 Cookie bars
Labrada Cookie rolls (cinnamon bun) microwaved for about 10 seconds
The zero impact pumpkin spice ones are nice for a different taste. then again I've got a thing for pumpkin pie.

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
Ntbm better protein bars, some assembly req. but by far the best tasting, freshest whole food bar. and the price is right too!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cinch is amazing with the right carb to protein ratio with some added leucine to it its a amazing low GI bar and if you want to go even more anabolic adding something like need to slin or anabolic pump could help 2 caps. I also like the fact that this bar is koser. Most protein bars are not kosher and I can't have them.

cvs766

Awards
the best tasting is definitely Supreme Protein carb conscious...literally better than a candy bar in the right flavor

an alternative is the Dymatize bars..not quite as good, but healthier and still pretty tasty

TDHAWKS

TDHAWKS

Awards
Dymatize cookies and cream is pretty solid. Oh Yeah has some good ones too.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VPX Zero Impact Bars....chocolate peanut butter is awesome.

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ntbm better protein bars, some assembly req. but by far the best tasting, freshest whole food bar. and the price is right too!
Thank you bro.. I have to agree.. I love my bars and they are a hell of a value .

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I like this thread - thanks for starting it.

I'm getting tired of drinking glass after glass of my chocolate protein shakes. An occasional (or even daily) protein bar would be a great addition to my daily nutrition.

I'll have to try some of the bars you guys have suggested! :food:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A good value would be the NTBM protein bars u can make and adjust to ur liking. Especially at $1.20(with the coupon code tomahawkchop15) as opposed to double that easily. Plus take into consideration all the preservatives and laundry list of ingredients that go into that little bar.

I used to eat the protein bars u get in the stores but now I only get 1 if Im in a bind. But yes Supreme bars tasted the best and the Impact bars fit what I was looking for but would def suggest a drink handy.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like this thread - thanks for starting it.

I'm getting tired of drinking glass after glass of my chocolate protein shakes. An occasional (or even daily) protein bar would be a great addition to my daily nutrition.

I'll have to try some of the bars you guys have suggested! :food:
Exactly. I get sick of shakes sometimes with a passion. That's when I know to switch it up lol.

I opt for NTBM better protein bars and a tall glass of whole milk as my substitute. Low-fat milk when cutting. I love the stuff.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
A good value would be the NTBM protein bars u can make and adjust to ur liking. Especially at $1.20(with the coupon code tomahawkchop15) as opposed to double that easily. Plus take into consideration all the preservatives and laundry list of ingredients that go into that little bar.

I used to eat the protein bars u get in the stores but now I only get 1 if Im in a bind. But yes Supreme bars tasted the best and the Impact bars fit what I was looking for but would def suggest a drink handy.
Not trying to take anything away from NTBM bars since I haven't tried them but the Quest bars I mentioned before don't have that laundry list of ingredients, and they will also send you both flavors of their bars to you try for free.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not trying to take anything away from NTBM bars since I haven't tried them but the Quest bars I mentioned before don't have that laundry list of ingredients, and they will also send you both flavors of their bars to you try for free.
Nice they seem to be a nice exception. I was just going by the bars that I have seen in stores.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered some more Quest bars. I really like the profile.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Nice they seem to be a nice exception. I was just going by the bars that I have seen in stores.
I know what u mean most bars out have 25+ ingredients and I have no idea what most of them are!!

I really need to break down and buy some NTBM bars to try out they sounds awesome!

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered some more Quest bars. I really like the profile.
Do you order off quests site, or have you found somewhere else with a better price on them??

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Do you order off quests site, or have you found somewhere else with a better price on them??
I ordered from quest and used the coupon code "sample" for free shipping. However, thermogum has stated they were going to try and sell them on the thermogum site. I hope they will be cheaper with the investor discount.

kyleintheknow

Awards
Check out Quest bar they taste very good and don't have a bunch of crap in them!!
The quest bars are pretty darn good. They have a very simple, but quality, ingredient list and they actually taste just as good as other protein bars that load up on sugar. I just tried out a box of their vanilla flavor this week and have decided to keep buying. Did not know about the free shipping code, nice find ev52!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got a tons of bars from the Olympia this year and have been fortunate to try alot of them out. As far as the quest bars go...profile is good but I don't like the taste myself. For taste, ma favorites are Labrada double dipped bars, Dymatize Elite gourmet (caramel toffee crunch), and Tri-o-plex.

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
I use a brand called Supreme Protein, you can pick them up at Walmart. Uses whey isolate and as far as Im aware no soy protein like most other bars. I use them when Iam at work for a long time to eat in between meals
^^^This Peanut Butter pretzel Twist=win

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a heads up Im running a contest and 2nd prize will be a bag of Better Bars... just saying.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will have one up shortly as well... :D

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
My personal favorite: Supreme protein
Worst I've had: MET-Rx

kyleintheknow

Awards
What are your guys' thoughts on sugar alcohols?? I'm looking at the Wikipedia page and it says 2.1 calories per gram of Maltitol and 4.3 calories per gram of Glycerine and 2.4 calories per gram of Xylitol...that seems like a lot...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are your guys' thoughts on sugar alcohols?? I'm looking at the Wikipedia page and it says 2.1 calories per gram of Maltitol and 4.3 calories per gram of Glycerine and 2.4 calories per gram of Xylitol...that seems like a lot...
Yeah, that plus diarrhea if you eat too many of them. I tend to try and stay away from them. Detour bars are my personal fav.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2.4 calories per gram isn't a lot when you consider it is 4 per gram of carbohydrates and proteins and 9 calories per gram of fat.

The thing that concerns me with sugar alcohols is GI distress. It doesn't have to take a lot of xylitol, mannitol, maltitol or glycerol to do this.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, that plus diarrhea if you eat too many of them. I tend to try and stay away from them. Detour bars are my personal fav.
Ya that is a big turn off for me when it comes to processed protein bars :sad3:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know what u mean most bars out have 25+ ingredients and I have no idea what most of them are!!

I really need to break down and buy some NTBM bars to try out they sounds awesome!
You dont have that problem with NTBM better protein bars. And they are awesome bro!! The chocolate raspberry is my favorite! :yumyum::banana:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any deep discounts on them?
we are not running any big sales right now, but you can get 15% off using the discount code needto139;)

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
buying protein bars at that price doesn't make much sense when you can make them using protein powder.. granola.. oats.. and anything you want.. if they were cheaper then it would be great.. but they aren't..