Supps for stress - help a brotha out

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did a search for this and not much came up so maybe someone can help.

My dads been a cop for 35 years and refuses to retire. He is a supervisor in a high stress unit (anti terrorism)

Since I can't get him to retire and doctors don't know **** what supps can I get for him that might help with his stress??

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
there's an herb i use for stress but it isn't legal

legal-wise there's a host of pharmaceutical **** that i wouldn't want to get into

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there's an herb i use for stress but it isn't legal

legal-wise there's a host of pharmaceutical **** that i wouldn't want to get into
I hope The "herb" you're talking about isn't what I'm thinking of lmao!!

No pharmaceuticals I'm looking for more or less natural remedies. I know there's gotta be something out there.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll keep checking this thread because I'm sincerely interested as well. I don't know of anything that's natural and legal that helps with stress. Besides chillin in the sun getting some vitamin D that seems to help me out ;).

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take animal pak and one day a few years ago I googled the ingredients that I never heard of and i know some were believed to help stress. So there's gotta be something. I've also read people who take theromolife e-Bol said they felt less stressed... I think retirement would be the best choice but he's a stubborn meat head!

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I take animal pak and one day a few years ago I googled the ingredients that I never heard of and i know some were believed to help stress. So there's gotta be something. I've also read people who take theromolife e-Bol said they felt less stressed... I think retirement would be the best choice but he's a stubborn meat head!
I tried that product (thermolife e-bol) 3 years ago and try as I might, I noticed absolutely nothing from it.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Kratom - Mitragyna Speciosa
Kava Kava Root (Piper Methysticum)
Kanna (Sceletium Tortuosum)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried that product (thermolife e-bol) 3 years ago and try as I might, I noticed absolutely nothing from it.
I'm surprised. I get great results from ecdy products... Mainly M-stak. Was thinking bout trying e-Bol. Have u tried other ecdy supps? It's weird some get good gains and others not so much...

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive been taking Gaba for a month and I guess I could say it helps with stress, but even though im happier I think Ive developed some type of schitzophrenia over the last month as well so, ah well. ;))))) I just get crazy and kill stuff and forget about it and think im swimming in my car its all good though.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm surprised. I get great results from ecdy products... Mainly M-stak. Was thinking bout trying e-Bol. Have u tried other ecdy supps? It's weird some get good gains and others not so much...
I haven't tried any other ecdysterone. I read about it a bit and I was impressed by many reviews which prompted me to lay down the money to the product. But i logged my workouts and made almost 0 gains in that period of time and felt absolutely the same. Didn't get leaner either. I just didn't seem to respond to it.

I am not the best responder to most supplements. Back 3 years ago I tried a whole bunch of stuff, ending with 100$ of X-Factor (which did absolutely nothing) and that prompted me to start using PH's which is what i've been doing since then LMAO. 20 bucks of Superdrol will do more than hundreds of dollars of herbal supps. I was just tired of blowing 50-100$ on supp stacks and getting not even little results, but no results at all.
Again tho I am a poor responder to many supplements. My friends that lift, they take stuff and FEEL it, i take the same things and feel nothing usually. I'm also pretty resistant to stimulants... and hell many PH's do not work on me. :p

But yeah i think ecdy products are probably very hit or miss.

GABA sounds interesting I will look into it.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't tried any other ecdysterone. I read about it a bit and I was impressed by many reviews which prompted me to lay down the money to the product. But i logged my workouts and made almost 0 gains in that period of time and felt absolutely the same. Didn't get leaner either. I just didn't seem to respond to it.

I am not the best responder to most supplements. Back 3 years ago I tried a whole bunch of stuff, ending with 100$ of X-Factor (which did absolutely nothing) and that prompted me to start using PH's which is what i've been doing since then LMAO. 20 bucks of Superdrol will do more than hundreds of dollars of herbal supps. I was just tired of blowing 50-100$ on supp stacks and getting not even little results, but no results at all.
Again tho I am a poor responder to many supplements. My friends that lift, they take stuff and FEEL it, i take the same things and feel nothing usually. I'm also pretty resistant to stimulants... and hell many PH's do not work on me. :p

But yeah i think ecdy products are probably very hit or miss.

GABA sounds interesting I will look into it.
Yeah I'm the complete opposite. I just ordered so x factor lol we shall see!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Check out Relora. Its cheap and it does a pretty good job at helping the body handle stress.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did a search for this and not much came up so maybe someone can help.

My dads been a cop for 35 years and refuses to retire. He is a supervisor in a high stress unit (anti terrorism)

Since I can't get him to retire and doctors don't know **** what supps can I get for him that might help with his stress??
No supplement is really going to help him with his stress - he needs to learn better stress management.

However, there ARE supplements that can help control his cortisol levels from elevated stress, such as Lean Xtreme and , etc. Anything with 7-OH DHEA, 7-keto DHEA, or just plain DHEA is probably your best bet, and [url=http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/phosphatidylserine_endoamp.html]Phosphatidylserine also prevents the rise in cortisol. Otherwise, you can try using adaptogens and other herbs.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Rosie! I was hoping you would comment on this.. I've read some of your other posts and found the info very helpful! He would be fine if he would just retire!!! But since he won't I gotta try to help the meat head

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie! I was hoping you would comment on this.. I've read some of your other posts and found the info very helpful! He would be fine if he would just retire!!! But since he won't I gotta try to help the meat head
No worries :) I have actually answered the "products to help with stress and reducing cortisol" query before (have a look around for the threads). In a job like that, stress management is key, so if he hasn't learnt that already, he really should - or he could just be like me and operate well in a very stressful state, LOL :D

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No worries :) I have actually answered the "products to help with stress and reducing cortisol" query before (have a look around for the threads). In a job like that, stress management is key, so if he hasn't learnt that already, he really should - or he could just be like me and operate well in a very stressful state, LOL :D
I told him to be like me... Show up for roll call, get a full tank of gas and get LOST! LOL he got blood work done on Wednesday... I text him last night asking how the blood work was and he replied... "It's red I'm at the gym" I'm gonna order some things for him and go from there.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check out Relora. Its cheap and it does a pretty good job at helping the body handle stress.
I'd second this, although I prefer the product Theanine Serene by Source Naturals rather than relora alone.

Magnesium (As Magnesium Chelate) 300 Mg 70%

Gaba 500 Mg N/A*

Taurine 450 Mg N/A*

L-Theanine 200 Mg N/A*

Relora Proprietary Blend Magnolia Officinalis (Bark) Std To 1.5% Honokiol 3.75 Mg Phellodendron Amurense (Bark) Std To 0.1% Berberine 0.25 Mg 150 Mg N/A*

Holy Basil 100 Mg N/A*

Works well, isn't overbearingly strong, 30 doses for $15-16.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GABA does not cross the BBB, it has more of a CNS suppressive effect for the calming effect. Try Picamilon. It is GABA bound to Niacin and can cross the BBB binding to the GABA receptors in the brain and the niacin is a vasodialator in the brain improving blood flow.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Schisandra (adaptogen), Rhodiola (same), Ginseng (same), 7-Keto (cort control).....

I personally love taking schisandra and rhodiola together. Cheap and effective for calming down and relaxing.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Sensoril, a patented extract of Ashwagandha, is one of my favorites. You might also look into other adaptogenic herbs like Rhodiola, Astragalus, and Maca.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Valarian Root and L-Theanine help with my stress big time. I have a script for ativan that I use when needed, but most of the time, I can get by with 1 gram valarian root or 300mg l-theanine.

Mike

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vitamin d3 5000-10000iu everyday...i also use a SAD light half hour everyday..the white version.best thing ever worth the investment...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Supplement Auction 6
Supplement Auction 6
Russ Allen Supplements 47