vitamin D vs the sun

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
OK, we know that the sun helps with depression and what not, but should vitamin D alone be taking so much credit for the suns benefits? Dose anyone think they really feel better on this stuff?

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes. Lots of people do.
Vitamin D is no substitute for sun exposure, just a supplement.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Several studies show that vitamin D supplementation has huge benefits for any and everyone. It has been shown to be anti-estrogenic (specifically in fat cells, hell yah), raise testosterone levels, helps people lose fat faster, lengthens life span, increases strength levels and many other PROVEN benefits.

Check out Ergo-log for studies on vitamin D. Very interesting stuff. It's definitely my number 1 supplement.

I also wonder about the differences, however, in sun vs. vitamin D supplements. To get vitamin D you need a certain natural oil that your skin produces to be coating your skin. If you've been swimming it's likely that oil is not in abundance. Also, prolonged sun exposure eventually stops producing vitamin D whereas obviously supplementation you can control exactly how much vitamin D you're taking in.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Several studies show that vitamin D supplementation has huge benefits for any and everyone. It has been shown to be anti-estrogenic (specifically in fat cells, hell yah), raise testosterone levels, helps people lose fat faster, lengthens life span, increases strength levels and many other PROVEN benefits.

Check out Ergo-log for studies on vitamin D. Very interesting stuff. It's definitely my number 1 supplement.

I also wonder about the differences, however, in sun vs. vitamin D supplements. To get vitamin D you need a certain natural oil that your skin produces to be coating your skin. If you've been swimming it's likely that oil is not in abundance. Also, prolonged sun exposure eventually stops producing vitamin D whereas obviously supplementation you can control exactly how much vitamin D you're taking in.
Could anyone post the anti estrogen study?

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I wake up after the sun goes down and a couple hours after the sun comes up i retire to my room for my night.

Started supplementing vitamin D about a month ago. Haven't noticed anything, as expected. Just like i can't tell when i start taking Multis on the regular.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
We can agree that vitamin D seems awsome, but Im starting to think ergo log walks a fine line between interst in science, and knowing what they whant to find to endorse a product. I think their supposed to be nonprofit, but I wuldn't b supprised if something was happening behing the scenes.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vitamin D helps with depression along with other vitamins...some studies seem to suggest that the heat and light aids in relieving depression. Plus for whatever reason the blue sky and the color green..

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
vitamin D helps with depression along with other vitamins...some studies seem to suggest that the heat and light aids in relieving depression. Plus for whatever reason the blue sky and the color green..
The farther we get from nature, the more miserable we become.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmm really?

i had no idea vit D help with mood and anti depression

no wonder i felt great these past few days, i was popping vit D like crazy

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We can agree that vitamin D seems awsome, but Im starting to think ergo log walks a fine line between interst in science, and knowing what they whant to find to endorse a product. I think their supposed to be nonprofit, but I wuldn't b supprised if something was happening behing the scenes.
I agree, however Vitamin D is so generic I can't see how they are taking advantage of these findings. Either way, the studies themselves are proof enough for me :cheers:

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I'v been taking vit d3 (Now brand) 5000iu or 10000iu everyday almost for half a year, and honestly I love the stuff. Its not gonna recomp your body by itself but just makes me feel a little better about myself. I feel like a more energetic, somewhat happier, well balanced person.

I plan to use the stuff for life.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
The farther we get from nature, the more miserable we become.
Yeah, totally dude. I want to worry about where my next meal will come from, if I'm going to be eaten by inhabiting wildlife, or pray to some god in hopes rain is brought to our crops or that a heatwave does not cook us alive. Our species achieved a technological advantage over the biome and what did that gain us? Stability, security, civilization, advancement. But let's forsake technology because anything of artificial human construct is bad. The truth is that bodily health requires remedies that waver between nature and "artifice".

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
you know, 70 years ago people didnt have studies that showed the human body 'needs' supplements, and there are alot of people who are 70 yrs old and older lol. we create these 'needs' and back them up with studies. i say... look back in time, and compare.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the food was safer 50yrs ago too..didnt have trans fat,dyes,preservatives, (besides salt) and artificial colors..