Vitamin D

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much vitamin D are you guys dosing? I've been taking in 4000IU, but I'm going to bump up to the 6000 to 8000IU range. I think the recommended dosage or someone of 150 lbs. is 5,000 to 10,000IU.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much vitamin D are you guys dosing? I've been taking in 4000IU, but I'm going to bump up to the 6000 to 8000IU range. I think the recommended dosage or someone of 150 lbs. is 5,000 to 10,000IU.
I usualy take 5,000 IUs of D3 a day or so.

ntornado

Awards
It is worth it to get your levels measured.

I stick to 5000 IU a day but I also think it depends on how much sun you get and where you live.

glockma

Awards
Got mine checked when I had everything checked last spring. Big thing with the Doc's now. Mine was low, I'm on 5000IU last bloodwork was good.

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
I'm on 5,000iu each day...

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2-5k is adequate for anyone, unless you live in an area that has no sunlight...

even during the winter here in new england i don't dose over 5k/day and 2k/day during the summer months.

there are mentions of D3 deficiencies occurring in people with darker skin, but remember that D3 is fat-soluble, so it is stored in the body... fat soluble vitamins in excessive dosages can result in toxicity.

if you're unsure, have your levels checked, as someone had mentioned.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
5k UI/day, usually with weekends off but now the darker months are here (dark when i wake up and dark when i log off work) i am doing every.