Phophatidylserine

nobel252

Awards
Planning to take 800mgs daily to lower cortisol. Is best to take it one time a day after my workout or should I take 400mgs before workout and 400 after workout. From what I heard it seems like it's best to take the whole 800mgs after training. I'm Also on TRT 100mgs of test e once a week. I know that this lowers cortisol pretty good so would I still need to supplement with phosphatidylserine. Ive always had high cortisol because I run around 30 miles a week and I lift weights. Thanks for any advice

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PS can drop cortisol too well and cause joint discomfort in some people. The rule I follow is 300mg every day or 800mg three times per week.

Personally I would take it post workout or in the evenings. Cortisol influences training drive so it wouldn't be wise on paper to have it low for your workout.

I hope this helps.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I thought PS was a modulator, not a complete destroyer of cortisol?

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
PS can drop cortisol too well and cause joint discomfort in some people. The rule I follow is 300mg every day or 800mg three times per week.

Personally I would take it post workout or in the evenings. Cortisol influences training drive so it wouldn't be wise on paper to have it low for your workout.
really? Cause I'm pretty sure that having really low cortisol causes aggression, which can be good for strength and intensity in the gym (this is supposedly why the AAS Halotestin works so well to increase aggression for athletic competitions and pre-contest training).

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Planning to take 800mgs daily to lower cortisol. Is best to take it one time a day after my workout or should I take 400mgs before workout and 400 after workout. From what I heard it seems like it's best to take the whole 800mgs after training. I'm Also on TRT 100mgs of test e once a week. I know that this lowers cortisol pretty good so would I still need to supplement with phosphatidylserine. Ive always had high cortisol because I run around 30 miles a week and I lift weights. Thanks for any advice
Take on the morning you need wait to the body builds up then you feel the Full Effects.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Phosphatidylserine is a cortisol modulator, not inhibitor, so don't worry about it plummeting to non-existent levels and causing joint discomfort.

Because of this, it is best to take first thing in the morning as Maxximal suggested, or shortly prior to training, as that will keep cortisol from spiking as your workout progresses. An intra-workout shake will help potentiate this effect as well.

Have you looked into Endoamp Max? It provides a full dose of PS and several other phosphatidyl acids, as well as a 600mg dose of A-GPC.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Phosphatidylserine is a cortisol modulator, not inhibitor, so don't worry about it plummeting to non-existent levels and causing joint discomfort.

Because of this, it is best to take first thing in the morning as Maxximal suggested, or shortly prior to training, as that will keep cortisol from spiking as your workout progresses. An intra-workout shake will help potentiate this effect as well.

Have you looked into Endoamp Max? It provides a full dose of PS and several other phosphatidyl acids, as well as a 600mg dose of A-GPC.

Yeap Endoamp Max? is a AWESOME cortisol modulator try and see!

xx Zues xx

xx Zues xx

Awards
  • Established

Is Anserine similar?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I haven't heard of anserine having cortisol modulating effects, but I haven't read much on it. From what I understand, it's function is still largely unknown, but it has serum glucose lowering effects probably through a mechanism involving carnosine.
It is in VPX's BCAA nit. formula Power Shock (which I love). It is a dipeptide found in muscles that helps reduce fatigue and also helps to scavenge free radicals.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Happen to know how?

Edit: Thanks, BTW. :)
Absolutely not! Haha, I am entirely willing to admit when I am limited or void on further information on a subject. I did find some evidence that it is related to carnosine muscle content though "The pKa of the imidazole ring of histidine, when contained in anserine, is 7.04, making it an effective buffer at physiologic pH.[2]."

I sure do like my Power Shock though :) I am intrigued by this compound and would like to discuss it more - new thread perhaps?

Have a good one :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im using endoamp in pct...seems to be working well.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established