Supplements that cause a false positive??

Peckboy69

Awards
Hi, in new to this forum. Im training for a powerlifting meet at the end of november.......never did one before and i have been hearing alot of stuff about how some supplements can cause a hot urine test....even though you are not taking steriods..........if anybody has any information regarding what i can safely take and what i cannot i would greatly appreciate it.....Thanks guys!!!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
What organization will you be competing in? Different things being tested for among different organizations.

Peckboy69

Awards
It is a USAPL event.......From what i have been hearing....it seems like most people just stop taking everything like a week before the meet.....the only thing i am taking now is a bunch of vitamins.....protein...and jacked....but im hearing that jacked has a ingredient in it that causes the urine test to come up hot lol?????

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
atd causes false positive for equipoise. almost all tested organizations tests for this

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Taken directly from a USPLabs representative
Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
Incorrect. Allow me to explain:

In terms of JACK3D and amphetamines, some basic chemistry may significantly clarify this issue. Methamphetamine is simply the N-methyl derivative of alpha-methylphenethylamine (amphetamine). In both of these compounds, we can notice several functional groups, owing to the parent homologue of phenethylamine. These are the phenyl group, the ethyl group, and the amine group.

The first functional group, the phenyl, constitutes the base ring of all amphetamine derivatives, and is a six carbon benzene ring where each carbon serves as a point for an additional functional group to bond to. In this case, the carbon at position one is bonded to the second functional group, the ethyl, and the other five are saturated with hydrogen atoms. Therefore, we read the chemical structure of the phenyl group in phenethylamine as (C6 [six carbons] H5 [five hydrogen atoms])

The second functional group, the ethyl, is a structural unit where two carbons atoms are fused together by a single bond, and each carbon atom then shares a single bond with three hydrogen atoms. In the case of phenethylamine, the ethyl group is bound to the phenyl group at the first carbon, in the position where the third hydrogen atom would normally be. Ethyl groups will always share this bond with another functional group, which is why we read ethyl as (C2 [two carbons] H5 [five hydrogen atoms – as the functional bond takes the place of the sixth hydrogen atom]).

The final functional group, the amine, is a simple nitrogen atom which shares two single bonds to hydrogen atoms. We thus read it as (N [1 nitrogen atom] H2 [two hydrogen atoms]). We describe amphetamine and phenethylamine as homologues, as the only structural difference between the two is that, with phenethylamine, the amine is bound to ethyl group where the third hydrogen would normally be.

Dimethylamylamine, then, is clearly different from amphetamine, and this is easily recognized as it does not share our key functional groups. It lacks the benzene ring, first and foremost, which is present in all phenethylamine substitutions, possesses a pentyl as opposed to an ethyl as the second alkyl group, and in reality shares only the amine functional group. (Being a sympathomimetic amine, however, is not sufficient enough to call these compounds “structurally similar” by any means.)

Most importantly, though, is that phenyl groups cannot be developed in metabolism, essentially meaning that all substances that have phenyl ring-containing compounds already had the phenyl ring in their structure prior to ingestion. As dimethylamylamine clearly does not, and is not produced from any compounds which possess such a ring, it is quite literally chemically impossible for the 1,3-dimethylamylamine in JACK3D to result as a false positive for methamphetamine.

What you are claiming is not so dissimilar to saying that you have turned water into gold, or vice versa. It is simply chemically impossible for 1,3-dimethylamylamine, or any other compound, for that matter, to spontaneously generate a phenyl ring.

Mac45

Awards
September 28, 2010

Sprinter suing USPLabs for $1.8m in failed doping case
Categories: Featured Articles, Other, Steroid News..., Uncategorized | no responses

An American track and field sprinter, Philippe DeRosier, is suing USPLabs for $1.8m, after having been suspended for six months, having failed a drug test after ingesting Jack3D. He’s asking for $1.8m (+ another $300k, in related claims).

He tested positive for the banned stimulant methylhexanaminet, thereby forfeiting his earnings from his last track meet in Turkey, and was suspended for six months as a result of the failed drug test.

He qualified for the Olympic trials, and he has/had a promising career as a sprinter, but at 26, he’s running over 10 seconds for the 100m, so while he’s blazing fast, he’s about half a second behind the (absolute) fastest American sprinters (best-ever-times) at the moment.

I realize that a lot of supplement consumers would like me to trash USPLabs right now, because of their over-the-top marketing and unlikable CEO, or perhaps even on the suspicion that certain products are ineffective - but those opinions are besides the point, and this case certainly won’t be decided on those types of considerations. In the end, this is a legal issue.

The truth of the matter is that DeRosier isn’t the fastest guy in the world (or even America), and if he were, I’m sure we’d have heard of the dude before now.

Still, this is a huge setback for his running career, and while I believe a lot of the fault lies with him, I also believe that there is a lot of confusing information on USPLabs’ website and labels concerning the product in question. It would be easy for the advanced supplement consumer to say “screw this guy, he should have checked his facts, looked into the ingredients, etc…” – I’m going to say that if you’re selling a banned substance, you ought to put that fact on the label. In my estimation, USPLabs is not 100% clear about the product facts either, with regards to it being banned by almost every federation in the world (WADA, MLB, etc…).

Still, the onus is on the athlete himself to know everything about every substance he’s putting in his body; at that level, a trip to GNC is not the same thing as it is when you or I buy our supplements. I don’t know how this is going to end up, and I’m certainly not a lawyer (nor do I play one on TV). One thing is certain: this is bad for the entire industry. It’s also not too great for USPLabs, who are facing a huge lawsuit, related to a compound in their two best selling products.

And since this product is banned by most sporting organizations, an is now the subject of a huge lawsuit, I’m forced to wonder if Bodybuilding.com is going to continue carrying it – especially since it’s sitting at #1 on their best-seller’s list.

Maybe this will help in you.:type:

Plus breaking news: Posted by Anthony Roberts on September 27, 2010

USPLabs named in personal injury lawsuit
Categories: Other, Steroid News... | no responses

I’m still vetting information as it becomes available, and I’m going to have more within the next 24 hours, for sure, but at the moment it has been confirmed that USPLabs and CEO Jacob Geissler :booty:have been named in a personal injury lawsuit.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
you cant even take ATD. its banned in events. id ditch the jacked. theres better stuff out there and cleaner. I am pretty sure there jacked is cleaner now than it used to be tho.

Peckboy69

Awards
thanks a ton guys.......anyone know what supps are 100% ok to take?? as in creatine and a pre workout supp?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks a ton guys.......anyone know what supps are 100% ok to take?? as in creatine and a pre workout supp?
yeah they are fine. testosterone boosters like testopro are fine as well as hgh supplements like hghpro

onlyone

Awards
I got tested after been using Hghup and RPM, I don't remember if I was using
Jacked at the time but it was fine.

Peckboy69

Awards
any suggestions on a specific creatine and pre workout?? if anyone has any idea's of some of these supps that are deff safe for testing purposes.....Thanx fella's

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
any suggestions on a specific creatine and pre workout?? if anyone has any idea's of some of these supps that are deff safe for testing purposes.....Thanx fella's
Neovar (Creatine) and RPM and/or Drive (preworkout) are completely fine; but there are a TON of products on the market that SHOULD be fine as well in both categories.