high estrogen and joints

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I know that low estrogen is bad for the joints. How dose to much estrogen affect the joints.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Healthy levels of estrogen are beneficial for joints.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I know that. Im sayin for like a really fat guy with high estrogen, how would that affect joints?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Im saying, what dose eccesive estrogen do to joints? Dose it give you suer joints?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Well it won't give sore joints, but it will give sore muscles because of the via aromatase that blocks circulating testosterone levels from allowing the muscle and tendons to recover.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well it won't give sore joints, but it will give sore muscles because of the via aromatase that blocks circulating testosterone levels from allowing the muscle and tendons to recover.
I didn't know test was good for tendons. Good to know.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Im saying, what dose eccesive estrogen do to joints? Dose it give you suer joints?
Estrogen is part of the feedback machanism of the HPTA, so excessive estrogen will inhibit/reduce testosterone output. It won't make your joints "super" if you have a genuine existing joint injury, but it will certainly lubricate them a bit. But you don't need 'excessive' levels of estrogen for this.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I guess what Im asking is "Would a woman have REALLY lubricated joints from all that estrogen? Is there a certain point where the joint maxes more estrogen stops lubricateing it?" I know it wouldn't be good for thletic performance, but I just whant to know a little bit more about joints.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess what Im asking is "Would a woman have REALLY lubricated joints from all that estrogen? Is there a certain point where the joint maxes more estrogen stops lubricateing it?" I know it wouldn't be good for thletic performance, but I just whant to know a little bit more about joints.
Hardly. Normal estrogen is good for joints. High estrogen shouldnt be considered "beneficial" for joints, just viewed as equally good as normal estrogen. Low estrogen can cause joint soreness.

So no just because she has super high estrogen doesnt mean she has super good joints. The role of estrogen on joints is very insignificant when you are talking about there being enough or extra estrogen circulating in the blood. It is just that with insufficient estrogen their can be issues.

If you car has no gas it doesnt run. If it has 5 gallons of gas it runs. If it has 6 gallons of gas it runs, but it doesnt run better than if it has 5. Good analogy or no?

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Women rarely have stiff joints pre-menopause, and if they do it tends to be due to past injuries.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Women rarely have stiff joints pre-menopause, and if they do it tends to be due to past injuries.
Didn't know that ^^ but most of the women i grew up with have had injuries from working on a farm.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Hardly. Normal estrogen is good for joints. High estrogen shouldnt be considered "beneficial" for joints, just viewed as equally good as normal estrogen. Low estrogen can cause joint soreness.

So no just because she has super high estrogen doesnt mean she has super good joints. The role of estrogen on joints is very insignificant when you are talking about there being enough or extra estrogen circulating in the blood. It is just that with insufficient estrogen their can be issues.

If you car has no gas it doesnt run. If it has 5 gallons of gas it runs. If it has 6 gallons of gas it runs, but it doesnt run better than if it has 5. Good analogy or no?
It was a great analogy! I still whant some science however. Im gonna track down Dr. D.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It was a great analogy! I still whant some science however. Im gonna track down Dr. D.
Estrogen is better for bones than joints, but it doesn't hurt joints. It increases the biosynthesis of chondroitin sulfate in connective tissues (just like many androgens do) but without the exaggerated scar tissue formation. The water retention that generally accompanies any sex steroid with sodium retaining properties can be 'joint friendly', same with corticoids. Ironically, corticosteroids inhibit organic base substance formation just the opposite of estrogen and androgen, but have superior short-term joint soothing properties.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Estrogen is better for bones than joints, but it doesn't hurt joints. It increases the biosynthesis of chondroitin sulfate in connective tissues (just like many androgens do) but without the exaggerated scar tissue formation. The water retention that generally accompanies any sex steroid with sodium retaining properties can be 'joint friendly', same with corticoids. Ironically, corticosteroids inhibit organic base substance formation just the opposite of estrogen and androgen, but have superior short-term joint soothing properties.
Nice. So woman will benefit more from chondroitin supplementation than men will, assuming the men have "normal" male levels of estrogen?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Nice. So woman will benefit more from chondroitin supplementation than men will, assuming the men have "normal" male levels of estrogen?
Men can do things to help, like get enough Vitamin D and supp with certain flavones. But yeah, women have it easy with bones, as long as they supp with Calcium when they're young and have good genes.