INFORMATION

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
I would like to learn more about workout supplements for work.. Info on Animal pak, animal stak.. Is creatine hydrochloride really better? Is anything involved in N.O. besides L arginine? what are some "anabolic" compounds/products/ingredients? what makes something anabolic? does leucine have to do with that? what is a mimimum safe age for test boosters? please explain cycles. is it just what your on and when.. and what are products that stack well together? What other catagories of supplements are there after you start w a protein.. add creatine or n.o. or fat burners, or extra bcaas or test or even the ones with caffine.. what others are there? what makes something anabolic and are they herbal based of amino?? or... and what are side effects of all suggested products? I'd like everyones ideal supplement list for beginners, for people who've hit plateaus and for hardcore lifters who want to add something new/different.. Also reviews on no shotgun compared to other n.o.s.. reviews for cellucors muscle gaining system, pink magic, prime, powerfull, etc etc.. what are the classics?

Conrad415

Conrad415

Awards
Google and the SEARCH button is your best friend.

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
Yes. Perhaps for the direct questions.. but I want opinions that may vary person to person.. I have done lots of research already but I would like reviews of specific products from someone who is experienced and not working for the company. But trust me, I google and search new products all of the time.. but I thought this site could give some deminsion to my learning.. So what products do YOU personally like?

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
You're going to be hard pressed to find someone to answer all of these questions, when most here have learned everything for themselves. With google you can get access to so many varying opinions and preferences on things that it will make your head spin. You'll learn a lot more indirectly too by looking things up yourself, things you wouldn't learn otherwise.

radiodude

radiodude

Awards
Books have been written with less information than the answers to what you're asking here.

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
Ok then you guys! New question!

What have your favorite products been and why?

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
Lets start here dood... What kind of results are you looking for.
How old are you and what is your diet like. (specifics)
Also what is your training split?

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'll Bite.....

I have run the gambet on legal products for the most part over the past 20 years and only until recently have I found a few that well actually work.
I am fairly certain all of Primordial Perf. products work, I ran the Derm. cycle, Phyto test, Turinabol Lv, and I just love the Sustain Alpha.
What did I like about these? Each one cut down the body fat, increased muscle (not 20lbs but a great recomp) muscle hardness was awesome and the sides were low.
Leviathon worked well as a cutter and Bromo works well for something?
CLA works for dropping the waist line.
Protomax is good for the libido but that about all I got out of that one.
I am trying LG's Anadrolic state at the moment and it seems to be a good product.
Jack3d is a very good preworkout but I enjoyed Blackpowder more.
I don't know its hard to say I know that google search is a good way to get confused when looking at supplements and everybodies different. I was looking forward to a Turinabol Lv Androhard cut but it's been discontinued so another I want to try is Epi strong Katanadrol stacked but who know's. Right now I am stacking food with food and learning how to train smarter, not longer.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would like to learn more about workout supplements for work..
Info on Animal pak, animal stak..
Is creatine hydrochloride really better?
Is anything involved in N.O. besides L arginine?
what are some "anabolic" compounds/products/ingredients?
what makes something anabolic? does leucine have to do with that?
what is a mimimum safe age for test boosters?
please explain cycles. is it just what your on and when..
and what are products that stack well together?

What other catagories of supplements are there after you start w a protein.. add creatine or n.o. or fat burners, or extra bcaas or test or even the ones with caffine.. what others are there?

what makes something anabolic and are they herbal based of amino?? or... and what are side effects of all suggested products?

I'd like everyones ideal supplement list for beginners, for people who've hit plateaus and for hardcore lifters who want to add something new/different..

Also reviews on no shotgun compared to other n.o.s.. reviews for cellucors muscle gaining system, pink magic, prime, powerfull, etc etc.. what are the classics?
I'll take a stab at some of these:

Creatine HCL: IMO there are zero products with more studies backing them than creatine...but the studies most often utilize creatine monohydrate. I've always stuck with creatine mono and some sort of delivery system (ie carbs).

NO: I've never taken much interest in NO products...the costs are too high for the benefits they provide. but there are many different forms of Arginine that are used (AAKG, AEE, etc). as far as mechanisms outside of Arginine to increase NO production...I'm not really sure.

anabolic compounds: first I suggest that you investigate the meaning of anabolic. any product that helps build muscle is anabolic...it's just a matter of how much. Food is the most anabolic product you'll find :) OTC you'll find all sorts of products it's just a matter of if you want to go hormonal (pro hormone, pro steroid, designer steroids, etc) or not. I think that you'll also find these products differ significantly for women.

leucine is a very important amino acid, but I wouldn't say it's what makes things anabolic. it is, however, key in post workout recovery. this amino is also know to increase GLUT4 activity and allows for greater carb sensitivity post workout.

min age for test booster: my opinion...healthy males should not use test boosters until after 24. in general, I don't think they are a health risk, but I don't think they will offer any benefit.

cycles: this is a generic answer, a cycle is a system designed to achieve a specific goal. ie: you could be on a cutting cycle, this would involve training, diet, and supplements that should work synergistically to achieve that goal of cutting BF. you can have all sorts of cycles...including a cycle of steroid usage. nearly everything in the bodybuilding world is periodic, you can't do any one goal forever (bulking, cutting, etc).

stacks: this is way too vague!!!! any product that offers synergy with another stacks well. ie: test booster stack would offer different products that increase test through different pathways (ie: natty test booster + AI). fat loss stack could include thermogenic products and a cortisol modulator.

classes of supplements: that's a long list, you'll have to make this a little more specific.

supps for beginners, for people who've hit plateaus and for hardcore lifters:
there could be a book written on this topic, you'll need to narrow this down a bit. but, beginners don't usually need anything but protein and creatine (IMO). Plateau...there are all sorts of plateaus and the product used to break through it would be specific to he goal.

reviews for products...start looking, there's ton's of information on this forum.

after writing as many answers as I can, it seems to me that you've done some reading and came across some topics you didn't understand...but that doesn't equal research. also, asking someone to fill in all the blanks is a lot like asking someone to do your homework for you...

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
Thank You so very much for your time. You cleared up cycles for me.. and I knew what anabolic meant but you cleared up how vast everything is that does build muscle.. so does this mean than ANYthing that builds is ana? i know cata is breaking down.. because i have customers who come in asking for something strickly anabolic.. and i say "well anabolic means build muscle, so i would start with a good protein, creatine with plenty of water intake, and go from there to preworkouts like n.o. boosters etc.. and they would be like no i want something just strictly anabolic.. like illeagal steriods.. and it makes me feel like a dumb****. im trying to learn about this stuff but im a girl who is interested in all this but the most exercise i do is cardio and some light hand weights so im just learning for their benefit.. so the closest things to illegal steroids i sell would be.. the testboosters? idk but thanks.. btw im very new to a.m. so im not good at where and how to find what im looking for on these forums.. i just find guys talking about products i do not sell and therefore know nothing about. but i will go to the supp categorie and thanks again.

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
Jacked and blackpowder are the only ones i sell. so i am not familiar with the others. thanks, i am trying to see which of my products that arent already big seller are actually good/popular items so i can suggest them to my customers. thanks

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
thank you, yes celltech is already a good seller.. so what about animal paks, m stak, prime, and powerfull? how are these for any of you out there? I do not sell many of these and wonder why.. isnt usp labs a popular brand.. i know our OEP is one of the best selling thermogenics.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
thank you, yes celltech is already a good seller.. so what about animal paks, m stak, prime, and powerfull? how are these for any of you out there? I do not sell many of these and wonder why.. isnt usp labs a popular brand.. i know our OEP is one of the best selling thermogenics.
Animal Pak is a great multi...it's just a pain taking 11 pills and it's a bit expensive compare to other multis.

M Stak is a nutrient partitioner, which can be of great benefit when you have your diet dialed in and you can fully exploit the benefits the supplement is providing to you

Prime I haven't tried yet, but have about 4 bottles in my cupboard waiting. I will be starting that in about a month.

Powerfull is one of my favorite supplements ever. Increased libido, deeper sleep, waking up "in a tent" :147:, feel more rested upon waking, and increased recovery.

I don't really mess with the fat burners/thermogenics so I can't comment.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the two product lines GNC sells that will be used most by the people on the forums (ie: the people that do research) are LG and USP Labs.

preworkout/NO:
LG's Anadraulic State GT
Jack3d

anabolic:
natadrol (LG)
MMV3 (LG)
Slin (LG)
BCAA + EAA (LG)
powerfull (USP)
p-slin (USP)
Anabolic Pump (USP)
Prime (USP)

Recovery:
LG's Postal

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
we dont carry any LP in my particular store.. I'll suggest it.. look into it. usp labs we sell the jacked, the oep, and pink magic.. we have others that dont sell well so a main goal of mine is to get opinions on here that i can use in suggesting products for my customers. well i mean my customers who dont already know whats up with everything.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know I work for LG Sciences as a rep, but I am also very unbiased when it comes to my opinion of supplements.

DelsoRob has lots of good suggestions. LG is a great company, if you don't have it Anadraulic State would be a huge seller for you. We have a rough time keeping it in stock on a lot of sites. Ghenerate and IGH-1 or great for bossting Growth hormone. Formadrol and T911 are very good test boosters. Natadrol is an amazing anabolic/androgenic compound that is legal and works really well. I won't bore you with too much info on LG specifically since I work with them.

USP Labs PRIME and PowerFULL are good products however PowerFULL would be considered a classic. They use a lower L-Dopa extract than many of the newer GH Supps. OEP is a good product too but it has an ingredient in it that causes a negative effect on my prostate so I no longer take it. Not sure which ingredient to be honest. Not the Alpha Yohimbine in it though.

Anabolic innovations TestoPro is a good test booster, HGHPro is damn good especially for help falling asleep. It is a growth hormone and recovery product. If you have guys wanting better sex life as well as some test boosting Perform is damn good. It is for sexual performance but not like a one time deal it gets better as you dose it longer. MUCH better.

PES is a new company you should have your boss look into. They have a natural Anti Aromatase product that is supposed to be stellar called Erase, and then Alpha T2 which is an awesome thermogenic diet pill. My favorite currently to be exact.

Other good companies Primordial Performance, DS, Applied Nutracueticals, and many others.

As a good reference point though that explains a lot of the science behind the products I would suggest you go to www.Nutraplanet.com they have a way to search via categories in the middle drop down box. You can choose what ever category and then start reading the product information sheets there. Nutraplanet has some of the best written product information sheets around. Also look in the Bulk powders section there. If you want to learn about ingredients most ingredients for many supplements can be bought there in raw powder form, AND they have a description of what the specific ingredient does with no bias right there. So you can can just click on one ingredient then another and begin reading up.

As far as Leucine it is the most anabolic of the Aminos which is why you see it in BCAA's with a 2.1 or even 4.1 ratio. As Delsorob said it causes an insulin reaction increasing the glut4 uptake in the muscle. The insulin release is a big part of why it is considered the most anabolic. Look into it specifically at nutraplanet for more information.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kleen said a mouthful and I can only really build upon one of Kleen's suggestions for the sake of added clarity. The Ghenerate & IGF1 are a great combination. The ghenerate helps to boost GH, while IGF1 helps to block somatosatin which is a GH inhibitor. It's a nice doubled edged sword approach.

Also, I'm a huge fan of PRIME, one of my favorite supps actully. It's a complicated supplement to explain, as it does not actually raise test, but elicit effects symptomatic of increased test, such as strength, muscle enduarance and widely reported recomp effects.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed PRIME is good stuff. Out of the anabolic supps that don't have any effect on testosterone it is the one I had the most success with. Unfortunately I can't afford to run it much since it is a bit expensive. Most supps that are considered anabolic or androgenic have some effect on testosterone levels. So it is unique in that respect the only downside is that with PRIME either it works great for you or your body doesn't know what to do with it and you are in the "Non - Responder" group. I was a good responder, Volc was hyper responsive to it. I really want to run a PRIME and Natadrol run together.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the two product lines GNC sells that will be used most by the people on the forums (ie: the people that do research) are LG and USP Labs.

preworkout/NO:
LG's Anadraulic State GT
Jack3d

anabolic:
natadrol (LG)
MMV3 (LG)
Slin (LG)
BCAA + EAA (LG)
powerfull (USP)
p-slin (USP)
Anabolic Pump (USP)
Prime (USP)

Recovery:
LG's Postal
Those products listed are all excellent and many of us who rep for LG and other companies here will recommend those by USP; they actually make one of my favorite supps of all time. That said, last time I was in a GNC 90% of what I saw less the vitamins/minerals/select proteins is all crap for everyone with the exception of the real novice.

Almost all of the products by the mainstream companies (MT, BSN, Gaspari) are in general underdosed and full of bad fillers like dextrose and maltodextrine. If they are not full of those, most of the ingredient profiles hide behind proprietary blends and the suggested dose does little or you have to take so much it is not cost effective. The reason I CHOSE to work with LG is because the labels are very clear about what is in a product and in most cases, all you need is the suggested serving. Products like Anadraulic State GT and Anadraulic Pump each person dials in the right dose for them so they are different but those are the exceptions to the rule (Natadrol may also be one since dose can be weight dependent).

Touching on another subject you brought up which is multi-vitamins (you mentioned Animal Pak, a multi-v). GNC does make a decent product, taken the mega man before and just purchased some mega woman for my GF. That said, products like the Animal Pak are great though they are expensive for the amount of servings you get. It would be nice if GNC carried products like Controlled Labs Orange Triad, some of the MST products like MVP, NOW Foods Adam (and Eve) and even Gaspari Anavite. A lot of the products designed for the more serious lifter/athlete/fitness nut (that would be me) are not there. Those are what I would recommend to friends and customers since I assume that is what you are trying to find out.

My suggestion to you is to take a look at what the best sellers are on NutraPlanet.com, read the reviews and learn what the products are. These are a good picture of what the serious, or possibly better informed, lifter(s) are buying.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kleen said a mouthful and I can only really build upon one of Kleen's suggestions for the sake of added clarity. The Ghenerate & IGF1 are a great combination. The ghenerate helps to boost GH, while IGF1 helps to block somatosatin which is a GH inhibitor. It's a nice doubled edged sword approach.

Also, I'm a huge fan of PRIME, one of my favorite supps actully. It's a complicated supplement to explain, as it does not actually raise test, but elicit effects symptomatic of increased test, such as strength, muscle enduarance and widely reported recomp effects.
I wrote my post and didn't see what you all wrote otherwise I would have expanded on many of your comments. Volc and Kleen are spot on in what they said, we all respond very similar to many of the products mentioned with the exception of OEP, I love it and it is my go to for cutting.

Two stacked products that you should seriously look into are the Natabolic Stack and Trifecta stack by LG. I doubt you could still sell the Trifecta being that GNC is stepping away from hormonal products but the Natabolic is really a steal if you ask me. Check it out at NP and read some of the logs on here, nothing but good things coming from the reviews. GNC sells a few USP stacks at a discount, I am sure LG would be more than happy to get the Natabolic stack on the shelf as well.

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
Thanks to all of you! I will look into all of these products tomorrow. By the time I'm manager I hopefully will know what would be the best products to request corporate to let my store carry.. that will be best for my customers. Obviously I'm still learning, but thanks again for all the Specific products for me to research!!
Don't wanna be a dumb**** like some of the managers I've met!! But I will have their jobs all in good time.. and will continue learning b/c there is always something new. THANKS JESSIE

MissWise

MissWise

Awards
Again thanks, I know some of you put effort into giving me answers that I could have found by GOOGLE. But reading direct answers from real people was more interesting and a little less time consuming.. seeing as I work full time, have a toddler the rest of the time, and still have to cook clean and all the other bull**** I fit into my life.. I do appreciate it all.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If time is an issue, a great way to learn is to use the search feature on AM. It is very effective and you can look up logs and information on any product of interest. Good luck with the job.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Don't wanna be a dumb**** like some of the managers I've met!! But I will have their jobs all in good time.. and will continue learning b/c there is always something new. THANKS JESSIE
I'm glad that you're making an effort to learn what you can about this particular segment of the supplement industry. It really does a lot of good for a brick & mortar in terms of repeat business to have a staff that is actually interested in and knowledgeable about the supplements that they carry.

Read anything and everything you can.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/research/cards_database.aspx

This was a website I saw at work the other day that I am probably going to investigate some more. There are a bunch of websites of abstracts available online, that's just one of many good ones available.

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
have your company start selling bulk d-aspartic acid powder... you can buy bulk powder at a very cheap price these days... it's a pretty new test boosting supp... sort of cutting edge i guess...