Ecdysterone - Any fans here?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just completed another 3 month run of this stuff. I love it.

I know this is not a "sexy" supplement and the effects are not like gear or a PH's but the stuff just recomps me like none other. More importantly, since I am in my 40's, I do not have to worry about sides!! NONE and the fact I am not without messing around with my hormones; this makes the cost needed for higher doses justified.

-I am able to cheat more an get away with it.
-Maintain strength while dieting.
-Leans me out - similar to var ( I crap you not)
-Get crazy vascular (even at rest).
-"Feel" better (adaptogenic properties?!?!?!)

I used to run ~2 grams a day (1x300mg cap from SciFit every 2 hours x 6 caps/day).

This time around, I ran this again and added:
1) EBOL (4 caps/day) - Spread out at 1 cap every 3 hours
2) LeanXtreme (3 caps a day - spread out 1 cap every 3 hours)
***LeanXtreme made my fat loss and recomp more pronounced this time!

RIPPED and I enjoyed my 2 cheat days per week.

This is NOT a cheap cycle but the results and lack of sides and almost euphoric feeling while "ON" made this one fun cycle.

Just figured I'd share

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Quality Ecdy is amazing for recomp.
It would probably sell better and more companies would offer if it were advertised for what it was.
I have taken Scifit at 1200 and 1500 mg a day, HOM at 1500mg and 2 grams a day, and stacked Syntrax's at 5 caps a day with Llewellyn's Arachidonic Acids.

Got better sleep, more energy, way better endurance and oxygen capacity, improved my mood a bit, and leaned me out very well.

Great stuff if you get a good potency.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i have ran e-bol 2 times for the cost and how much i had to take i think there is better options for me but yes it worked good strength and leaned me out too i like running it with l-dopa
e-bols all day
l-dopa at night

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any TOXICITY issues from running ECD year round?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha ok cool. Then it's on!

Any ideas on how quickly my body will attenuate/acclimate to doses?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
One of the other guys said he had good results from Beyond A Century's bulk ecdy powder, anyone else try this brand? it doesnt seem too expensive just to try out

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thermolife ebol is one of my all time favorite supplements. its a pricey run but i dont mind.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldnt mind trying a mega dosed cycle of this. Id have to find a cheap, and reliable brand and get enough to try for at least a month. If it was working well, I might buy more and really see where I could take it. I love trying out stuff, and with it being natural the only thing im losing is money.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is from BAC

20-Hydroxy Ecdysterone (aka B-ecdysone) minimum 60% and total ecdysterone content about 90% by HPLC from a 150:1 extract of Cyanotis vaga
Dose recommendations of ECD vary from 10mg 3x/day up to 5mg per kg of bodyweight divided in 3 doses/day. Some say 90mg of actual ECD (130mg powder) 3x/day is ideal.

Serving Size 133 mg (enclosed scoop 1/2 full)
Servings per container 188
amount per serving % daily value
Total Ecdysterones 120 mg *
20 hydroxy Ecdysterone 80 mg

inputs??

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Never tried BAC's.
Looks good though.
I'd probably run it with some of their Methoxy because it supposed to be synergistic.

Rhaponticum would be nicer because the extra ecdysterones in it are pretty much the best all around adaptogens of all the available extracts except for Turkesterone.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never tried BAC's.
Looks good though.
I'd probably run it with some of their Methoxy because it supposed to be synergistic.

Rhaponticum would be nicer because the extra ecdysterones in it are pretty much the best all around adaptogens of all the available extracts except for Turkesterone.
Botanical Name: Rhaponticum carthamoides root?
AKA: Rhodiola rosea

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i like ecdy prods i was hoping LGs sublingual one would come out.:(

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldnt mind trying a mega dosed cycle of this. Id have to find a cheap, and reliable brand and get enough to try for at least a month. If it was working well, I might buy more and really see where I could take it. I love trying out stuff, and with it being natural the only thing im losing is money.
why find cheap stuff to megadose when you can just take the powerful thermolife ebol?

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
I used it for a while. Nothing to special. Also, have your wallet ready. High amounts are needed for visbile results.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and ThermoLife Ecdysten?
i megedosed that, i think 3 times what the label said. it didnt do much for me so i dont recommend.

Ebol is the **** though! expensive, but worth it to me. usually you want to run 2 bottles for 50 days, and strictly follow what the label says.

dont expect pro-hormone gains though, but for a totally non-hormonal this is my favorite outside of creatine.

i dont know why its so much on nutraplanet, its freaking ridiculous what they are charging here, although everything else on nutra is usually a great value.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and Omnibolic?

(100% Pure Ecdysteroids Extracted From Rhaponticum Carthamoides) [Full-Spectrum Extract Standardized To Contain 60% 20-Hydroxyecdysone, 40% Ecdysones] 250mg

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmmmmm I`m not sure if i can use this on Keto or No carb diet?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and Omnibolic?

(100% Pure Ecdysteroids Extracted From Rhaponticum Carthamoides) [Full-Spectrum Extract Standardized To Contain 60% 20-Hydroxyecdysone, 40% Ecdysones] 250mg
never tried it. the only other ecdy product i ever tried was syntrabol by syntrax about a decade ago.

Ebol has pure Turkesterone, which is licensed exclusive to thermolife. nobody else has it.

Hmmmmmm I`m not sure if i can use this on Keto or No carb diet?
i dont use carbs ever, so anything i take including prohormones im not taking carbs. i dont believe in carbs, what are they?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats an old thread. its before the Ebol with Turkesterone came out i think.

i wouldnt be interested in trying any other Ecdy product at the moment.

Ebol is really a bulking supplement, but i dont bulk, ever anymore. i only do recomps or cutting. what i get from ebol is improved training performance and recovery.

im on Ebol right now actually, had some stim fatigue, and Ebol helps me recover from that so thats an additional benefit imo unless its totally placebo, but it shouldnt be since it has high quality ginseng in it.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
20-Hydroxyecdysterone
Rhodiola Rosea
Bacopa Monniera

Supersapopins

This is my Next Stack

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so ThermoLife has the pure form of ecdy now? from what I remember reading years ago this form of ecdy should be pretty decent.edcy has come a long way.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so ThermoLife has the pure form of ecdy now? from what I remember reading years ago this form of ecdy should be pretty decent.edcy has come a long way.
not just ecdy, but they have Turkesterone, which has ecdy and other components in it. Thermolife has exclusive right to it. they payed big bucks for that.

Thermolife is a very underrated company on these boards, id say mainly because there are no reps pimpin it here. Dicana is one of my all time fat burners.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not just ecdy, but they have Turkesterone, which has ecdy and other components in it. Thermolife has exclusive right to it. they payed big bucks for that.

Thermolife is a very underrated company on these boards, id say mainly because there are no reps pimpin it here. Dicana is one of my all time fat burners.
yea last I heard they were working on the whole turk and ecdy thing. its good to see they have worked out the bugs and etc.

I agree they do a very solid job.

rchaves

rchaves

Awards
Great stuff if you get a good potency.
Nice to see this thread. I had actually been compiling a list of ecdy supps, noting the amount of beta-ecdysterones present in each capsule (adjusted for the standardization %). I didn't include any proprietary blends where the ecdy dosage was not given. Here's the list, if anyone is interested:

495 mg/cap HOM Beta-Ecdysterone Anabolic Environment Enhancer
300 mg/cap SciFit EcdySterone 300
200 mg/cap Syntrax SyntraEC
150 mg/cap Supreme Sports Enhancements Omnibolic
100 mg/cap Peak Performance Ecdysone FX
100 mg/cap Vyotech 17-HD
98 mg/cap SciFit T-Max Dual Anabolic System
52 mg/cap ThermoLife E-BOL
25 mg/cap MRM ECDY-20
25 mg/cap Universal IsoStak
25 mg/cap Weider Beta-Ecdysterone
20 mg/cap Scitec Nutrition MyoMeth
15 mg/cap ThermoLife Ecdysten
7.5 mg/cap LA Muscle Norateen Heavyweight II
7.5 mg/cap LA Muscle Norateen II

(If you guys see any omissions or errors, let me know and I can edit the list...)

Personally, I took 300-400 mg of ecdy (Peak Performance product above), split into 3-4 doses each day, for about 4 weeks, with a high protein diet, a couple of years ago. To be honest, I didn't notice anything, good or bad. A bit disappointing.

I'm thinking of getting the SSE Omnibolic and giving it another try though, this time with a different product and at a higher dose of 150 mg 3x/day (450 mg ED).

Also, anyone have a study to back up the claim of synergy with methoxy?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed, to a point....

IMHO, PH's are a total gamble and have all sorts of unwelcomed sides that also need to be mitigated by additional supps (more $$$). Be sure to add THIS expense to the total tally.

For me, at my age, it's postives to negatives ratio. ZERO concerns for and BS.

Not to mention, how many PH's are totally bunk along with these over-hyped non-hormonal $$$-products we've seen on this board :rolleyes: where only 50% of the users report positive feedback AND the rocommended dose ends up being TWICE what's recommended anyway (more $$$).

Again, for an old guy like me, the lack of any sides and mild/modest aesthetic advantage I get is good enought for me to spend the cash. With PH's and these "non-hormonal" items pimped on this board are a total lottery witrh regard to cash spent and sides experienced.

I used it for a while. Nothing to special. Also, have your wallet ready. High amounts are needed for visbile results.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to see this thread. I had actually been compiling a list of ecdy supps, noting the amount of beta-ecdysterones
52 mg/cap ThermoLife E-BOL
Ebol has 55mg per cap of plain Ecdy, but keep in mind Turkesterone also contains an additional amount of Ecdy as well, along with Cyasterone And Ajugasterone. Turk has 10mg per cap of those 3 ingrediand so it should be only a few more milligrams per cap.

you have to keep in mind there are different forms and quality of Ecdy, and they are all not the same.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chemistry

The principal constituents of the whole plant are ecdysteroids (5 beta-cholest-6-on-7-ene derivatives) and flavonoids. Also polyacetylenes and triterpenes have been isolated from different parts of the plant (Girault et. al. 1984, Szendrei et. al. 1984, Varga et al. 1986 and 1990). Of the isolated compounds, only 20-hydroxyecdysone is currently considered to play an important role in the action of this plant. (Syrov and Kurmukov 1976). The main flavonoides are 6-methoxy-kampferol, patuletin, isorhamnetin-glycoside and quercetin-5-glycoside. All leaf and root samples contained 20-hydroxyecdysone as a main compound of Leuzea. The 20-hydroxyecdysone of the roots ranged from 0.12 to 0.20%, being higher than that of the leaves.The 20-hydroxyecdysone content of the leaves ranged between 0.006 and 0.10%. According to the quantitative and qualitative data obtained experimentally, the optimum time for root harvest of Leuzea carthamoides is at the end of August when the 20-hydroxyecdysone content is the highest.

Pharmacology

Leuzea considerably increases the capacity of tired skeletal muscles, and contributes to a more sparing use of carbohydrates and an enhanced new synthesis of glycogen and high-energy phosphorus compounds (Salnik 1967). When given to athletes, its extract is claimed to increase endurance, reflexes and concentration, while the athletes grew tired later and recovered earlier (Saratikov 1966). The rhizomes and roots of Leuzea carthamoides are officially listed in the Russian Pharmacopoeia. The fluid extract and the crude ecdysteroid fraction obtained from the roots are used in the production of Ecdysten tablets, which are used in the official medicine in Russia. Also other preparations made from these are marketed in a number of countries (Varga et.al. 1985); Cupka 1992). Leuzea provide high-value fodder material, the composition of the fresh and dry hay of Leuzea improved the tolerance of the animals to the extreme Siberian climatic conditions and increased milk production in cows (Vavilova and Kondratev 1975). In a recent study, a diet, containing 10% of Leuzea in meal increased the body weight and development of certain internal organs and affected the behavior of different experimental animals (Selepcova et.al. 1995). Leuzea carthamoides (Rhaponticum) is an old folk medicine for fatigue. It has been traditionally used as a stimulant, for overcoming impotence, and to assist convalescence from long illness. Russian and Eastern researchers have found that Rhaponticum has a beneficial effect on memory and learning, and can help break addictive behaviours. It increases working capacity in tired skeletal muscles, relieves neurosis, and benefits anabolic and adaptogenic processes Gadzhieva, R.M. et al. (1995). It enhances speed, strength, and functioning of the muscle system. Leuzea extracts has been used by Eastern Bloc athletes as a natural anabolic, adaptogen, and bio-stimulant.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ebol has 55mg per cap of plain Ecdy, but keep in mind Turkesterone also contains an additional amount of Ecdy as well, along with Cyasterone And Ajugasterone. Turk has 10mg per cap of those 3 ingrediand so it should be only a few more milligrams per cap.

you have to keep in mind there are different forms and quality of Ecdy, and they are all not the same.
look: Leuzea considerably increases the capacity of tired skeletal muscles, and contributes to a more sparing use of carbohydrates and an enhanced new synthesis of glycogen and high-energy phosphorus compounds (Salnik 1967).

rchaves

rchaves

Awards

E-BOL has 110 mg of rhaponticum carthamoides per serving (2 caps), and the extract is standardized to 95% Ecdysterone , so 52 mg/cap of ecdy. (That's how I calculated all the values in that list, to compare the amount of actives per cap.)

Thanks for the info about the other "sterones in there. I'm not familiar with them... are they supposed to be better/stronger?

I've never tried E-BOL (yet?), but people rave about it in all of the ecdy threads on here. Still, including all the sterones (is that what they're called?), that's only 62 mg per cap.... Seems a bit underdosed to me, but I suppose if you take the recommended 6 caps ED, you're getting 372 mg ED. Maybe if the quality is as high as you claim, that's good enough? Or maybe there's good synergy or effects from the other ingredients in E-BOL's profile. Hmm. Sounds like I might have to modify my shopping cart again and go find out.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
E-BOL has 110 mg of rhaponticum carthamoides per serving (2 caps), and the extract is standardized to 95% Ecdysterone , so 52 mg/cap of ecdy. (That's how I calculated all the values in that list, to compare the amount of actives per cap.)
oh yes, that makes sense. you are right 52mg but not including the ecdy included in the turkesterone.

yes there are different forms of ecdy, ebol is from Rhaponticum Carthamoides, and sytrax used ecdy from Cyanotis Vaga.

there are different potencies and quality...you have to look it up, but here is a quote from thermolife...

"And therein was the problem. Rhaponticum Carthamoides was exceedingly difficult to obtain, but many raw material suppliers where offering Cyanotis Vaga standardized for 95% pure ecdysterone. Upon further investigation we discovered that the ecdysterone content in Cyanotis Vaga was being measured using Ultra-Violate (UV). However, any qualified analytical chemist will tell you that High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) is the ONLY way to accurately verify ecdysterone purity. In fact, when an extract is verified by UV and claimed to be 95% pure, HPLC testing will reveal a more accurate purity level of 40%!

Settling for a cheaper, unproven, and less concentrated source of ecdysterone was NOT an option! Especially when you consider that Rhaponticum Carthamoides is what has been clinically proven to be ferociously anabolic - NOT Cyanotis Vaga."

look: Leuzea considerably increases the capacity of tired skeletal muscles, and contributes to a more sparing use of carbohydrates and an enhanced new synthesis of glycogen and high-energy phosphorus compounds (Salnik 1967).
carbs....lol, i think i heard of those before...ill stick to protein and fat.

not to show off, but have you seen my transformation Maxx?? just saying, because i never eat carbs, well 30-50grams daily every day for the last 3 years without cycling or anything.

Last edited:
tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
carbs....lol, i think i heard of those before...ill stick to protein and fat.

not to show off, but have you seen my transformation Maxx?? just saying, because i never eat carbs, well 30-50grams daily every day for the last 3 years without cycling or anything.
link to pics?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man!!! AWESOME TRANSFORMATION I need some stuff for Increase my Strength but like you with NO CARBS so i will try this man did you use any other supp for strength with ecdy?
i dont train for strength really, because im mostly in either cutting or recomp mode.

currently im using Ebol with super cissus, vpx powershock and Erase. my muscles feel very swolen, i love it.

ive done ebol with cbol and got great performance enchancement, but 20 days in i decided to stack natadrol in it which made things really interesting.

you dont need carbs to gain muscle and strength. the trick is to get enough dietary intake of protein and fats. if i personally wanted to bulk and get strong, ill just increase the amount of food i eat, and make sure i get a nice amount of saturated and essential fats. i just dont do it anymore because im genetically a mess and get fat too easy, im going for the bruce lee look.

nice job, bro. can definetly tell your korean heritage with that skin tone haha
some of us north koreans are really pale. my makeup artist does a nice job with self tanners before i appear in public or television.

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
currently im using Ebol with super cissus, vpx powershock and Erase. my muscles feel very swolen, i love it.

ive done ebol with cbol and got great performance enchancement, but 20 days in i decided to stack natadrol in it which made things really interesting.
Do you have a cash tree in your backyard by any chance? It's fall time so the $ are showing their colors! lol

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have a cash tree in your backyard by any chance? It's fall time so the $ are showing their colors! lol
lol.....bodybuilding is an expensive sport and investment. fortunately, it really doesn't cost much to feed me so it all balances out.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
lol.....bodybuilding is an expensive sport and investment. fortunately, it really doesn't cost much to feed me so it all balances out.
what do you eat if u cant eat carbs? chicken and steak get boring if u dont add some carbs with them

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what do you eat if u cant eat carbs? chicken and steak get boring if u dont add some carbs with them
this is what i had today, and will have later today. today is my off day.

breakfast 40gr protein shake and 20 almonds

2.5 hours later 1/3 pound hamburger 10% fat with some lettuce, a little tomato sauce and 1 slice tomato, 10-15 almonds

2.5 hours later 30gr myofusion shake 10 almonds

2.5 hours later atkins bar

maybe ill have 10-20 almonds again in between here

3 hours later 2 whole eggs, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 splendas, 25 soybeans for omelate, no oil but will use butter spray

pre-bed 40gr myofusion shake

i drink coffee with half and half about 4-6 cups a day, but i do brew it light so i dont overdue the caffeine. i get fat from the half and half, its important to know that.

you shouldnt treat food as something to enjoy, you need to not be a regular human on the street but a machine, and feed it what it needs. i do enjoy what i eat its not that ridiculous, but im at the point id rather die than eat carbs and risk gaining fat again. well im not that crazy, but im being dead serious about eating, its the only way for me to turn into something beyond normal, which i still have more work to do of course.

i dont count calories or macros....i know what i need and how much i need it. after 18 years of dieting i make it simple and just go by the way my body feels. im never hungry, i dont believe in that.

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
breakfast 40gr protein shake and 20 almonds
,10 almonds
2.5 hours later 30gr myofusion shake 10 almonds
maybe ill have 10-20 almonds again in between here
pre-bed 40gr myofusion shake
half and half, .
Each of these has traces of carbs.

The shakes have carbs if there is sugar in them and if you use milk-that's carbs. Almonds have traces of carbs, even natural ones; One serving has approximately 3 carbs. Half and half has carbs as it's essentially cream and sugar which become carbs.

I'd say you get about ten to fifteen carbs a day if you use water for protein shakes.

^see everybody needs carbs :banana:

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See the conversation starts to confuse me when it comes to ecdy. Sourcing, potency, brands.... So I think at some point ill have to try ebol, 2 bottles for 50 days. Ill probably throw in a methoxy for synergy too.

If usp labs products worked for me, im willing to give this a try too. Btw, ph's always worked for me, and saw little to no sides.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Each of these has traces of carbs.
i have stated that i consume 30-50 grams of carbs daily in a previous post. yes you are correct.

the only thing is that i dont count fiber, and i do have 20 grams of psyllium husks nightly to aid in digestion, but i dont count that either since fiber doesnt impact blood sugar.

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have stated that i consume 30-50 grams of carbs daily in a previous post. yes you are correct.

the only thing is that i dont count fiber, and i do have 20 grams of psyllium husks nightly to aid in digestion, but i dont count that either since fiber doesnt impact blood sugar.
Oh I thought you said you were zero-carb. My Bad.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I thought you said you were zero-carb. My Bad.
i did say that, i usually say i dont eat carbs....its just the way i speak but sorry for the confusion. im on a very low year round low carb diet to be specific. i may experiment with cycling some day but im not ready for that yet.

cutting out carbs 99.5% does have its benefits of more fat loss due to ketosis...but i dont feel like doing that, even i have my weaknesses.