DAA cause rapid heartbeat?

supershah

supershah

Awards
Hello all,

Does D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) cause rapid heartbeat? Ive been on only 3rd day of daa and i can really feel my heartrate beating faster than usual.. even when i wasnt working working out yet. Any of you feel the same ?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Hello all,

Does D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) cause rapid heartbeat? Ive been on only 3rd day of daa and i can really feel my heartrate beating faster than usual.. even when i wasnt working working out yet. Any of you feel the same ?

Also which brand are you taking? Are you feeling big-time anxiety?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From my experience, I haven't had any such conditions. Then again, that's just me using one single brand.

supershah

supershah

Awards
What other supps you taking?
Im currently stacking DAA with 6-Bromo. And im also taking the usual.. bcaa, multivit, cla, krealkalyn, glutamine and whey. first time taking DAA thou.. have taken 6-bromodione before.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crash? As in like a dirty stim crash? Peculiar...

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
DAA is clearly excitotoxic. I got rid of mine, and suggest you do the same. At least lower the dose.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello all,

What dose are you taking?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAA is clearly excitotoxic. I got rid of mine, and suggest you do the same. At least lower the dose.
I just read about the excitotoxicity, pretty freaky, glade I never ordered any.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hello all,

How much are you taking?

28nmoles/kg/day, that calculates to 2.6g of sodium DAA, or 2.2g of pure DAA. That was all that was needed for an average man (154lbs) in the Dadavit studies. And no adverse sequela was noted even after 4 months.

Now I know what you're thinking, you weight more than 154lbs, right? I weight 235lb and I do just fine with 2.3g/day, that's it. The amount that I find optimal is 10mg/lb/day, which interestingly is pretty close to what was utilized in the Davavit study for an average man.

I keep trying to tell you guys, I have no idea where this generic "3g/day" protocol came from, but that's more than most of you guys probably need!

supershah

supershah

Awards
hey all again! ****. i think im overdosing. im taking 4.5g/day. Too much yea? Im 180lbs

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
hey all again! ****. i think im overdosing. im taking 4.5g/day. Too much yea? Im 180lbs
Just a little. :)

I tried high doses too, up to 6g/d. It didn't work any better than the lower doses IMO. Just made me kinda nervous. Maybe you should cut it to 2 or 2.5g/day and see what you get from that?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
How much are you taking?

28nmoles/kg/day, that calculates to 2.6g of sodium DAA, or 2.2g of pure DAA. That was all that was needed for an average man (154lbs) in the Dadavit studies. And no adverse sequela was noted even after 4 months.

Now I know what you're thinking, you weight more than 154lbs, right? I weight 235lb and I do just fine with 2.3g/day, that's it. The amount that I find optimal is 10mg/lb/day, which interestingly is pretty close to what was utilized in the Davavit study for an average man.

I keep trying to tell you guys, I have no idea where this generic "3g/day" protocol came from, but that's more than most of you guys probably need!
Nice post, as always D :fing02:

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much are you taking?

AMPA modulators (most any racetam.)

Also, avoid excess Calcium! The toxic potential of NMDA substrates are Calcium dependent.
Just a little. :)

I tried high doses too, up to 6g/d. It didn't work any better than the lower doses IMO. Just made me kinda nervous. Maybe you should cut it to 2 or 2.5g/day and see what you get from that?

The Dr. has Spoke :thumbsup:
thanks D. for this info!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
first of all i dont think anyone knows what the optimal dosage for d-aspartic acid is, and anyone that claims to know what it is must either be pretending or privy to some clinical data that the entire population of the world is ignorant of

IMO, the data on animals shows hormone responses substantially greater from NMDA stimulation then what was found in the Italian study. The methods used in these animal studies provided NMDA stimulation that surely exceeded what that which was produced by the small dose in the Italian study. That leads me to suspect that the dosage used in the Italian study was suboptimal.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
first of all i dont think anyone knows what the optimal dosage for d-aspartic acid is, and anyone that claims to know what it is must either be pretending or privy to some clinical data that the entire population of the world is ignorant of

IMO, the data on animals shows hormone responses substantially greater from NMDA stimulation then what was found in the Italian study. The methods used in these animal studies provided NMDA stimulation that surely exceeded what that which was produced by the small dose in the Italian study. That leads me to suspect that the dosage used in the Italian study was suboptimal.
:hmmm:

and what do you think about DAA+ ALCAR...?

One of the most important receptor systems involved with cognitive function and memory is the NMDA receptor system. NMDA (N-Methyl-D-Aspartic acid) receptors are widely distributed in the brain. It has been established that the density of NMDA receptors declines with age and that even a single dose of Acetyl-L Carnitine restores to a significant degree these receptor numbers.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
:hmmm:

and what do you think about DAA+ ALCAR...?

One of the most important receptor systems involved with cognitive function and memory is the NMDA receptor system. NMDA (N-Methyl-D-Aspartic acid) receptors are widely distributed in the brain. It has been established that the density of NMDA receptors declines with age and that even a single dose of Acetyl-L Carnitine restores to a significant degree these receptor numbers.
yes i have read that. BTW, does Ward Dean know how close you came to plagiarizing him?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Then Ward Dean was the original plagiarizer? lol. doesnt matter

I considered putting ALC in my product but it has taste issues.

ALC is an excellent supplement to use for dozens of reasons. propionyl-l-carnitine and L-Carnitine-L-tartrate do the same things pretty much too

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting. Then Ward Dean was the original plagiarizer? lol. doesnt matter

ALC is an excellent supplement to use for dozens of reasons. propionyl-l-carnitine and L-Carnitine-L-tartrate do the same things pretty much too

This is very interesting sir!!!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I bet it did. I consume ALC without mixing it in some cran juice. Testforce, I mix in my cran juice, but I could consume it in water just as easy.