Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.48%

Question Arginine AKG powder

I was told by a gym buddy that argine AKG powder will help with my size.... It only costs like 10 bucks so I'm willing to give it a try... Anybody kno anything?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.25%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

It'll give u a pump and open ur vessels..get u big not really...u need to take it about 3 times per day spread out
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.27%

Quote Originally Posted by bi0hazurd View Post
    I was told by a gym buddy that argine AKG powder will help with my size.... It only costs like 10 bucks so I'm willing to give it a try... Anybody kno anything?
    for pump ( usully what AKG is "used" for) i would rec GPLC from pp.
    for size i would rec creapure or ASGT (good pre-workout also)
    both together is also nice.

are you looking to bulk?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.19%

Will not help with size and its true effects have been vastly exagerated and benefits mostly disproven.

What are you trying to achieve?
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

citrulline malate is a better alternative, add come creatine and its golden
    CELTIC LABS REP
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.48%

I kno creatine Is a better alternative but I don't like its results for me. I gain a LITTLE SIZE but the muscle is not firm yet watery and squishy when I'm on a test booster or just off creatine all together my gains are more solid... As far as what I'm expecting from the arginine? A bit of pump and some vein action. I'm not a preworkout drink fan so I only take pre-surge cuz it was given to me free once I'm done with the tub I don't think ill buy another pre for a while
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I kno creatine Is a better alternative but I don't like its results for me. I gain a LITTLE SIZE but the muscle is not firm yet watery and squishy when I'm on a test booster or just off creatine all together my gains are more solid... As far as what I'm expecting from the arginine? A bit of pump and some vein action. I'm not a preworkout drink fan so I only take pre-surge cuz it was given to me free once I'm done with the tub I don't think ill buy another pre for a while
    i think what you want is glycerol monosterate or glycerine
    CELTIC LABS REP
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.19%

Almost all new preworkouts and reformulations of old ones coming out left arginine out. There's a reason. It's not that it does absolutely nothing. It's that what little it actually did was through a different mechanism of action than previously believed. Supposedly, you can't ingest enough arginine to raise NO. It was only proven in IV administration in very large doses that would make you sick if taken orally.

Plagiarized content to follow:

Old Belief

Arginine -> Nitric Oxide -> Vasodilation -> Nutrient Delivery -> Muscle Growth and Strength

Newer Belief

Arginine -> Insulin -> Nitric Oxide -> Vasodilation -> Nutrient Delivery -> Muscle Growth and Strength

What that means is arginine is no more effective than carbs for pump/NO production/etc. So, drink a shake 45-60 before and then drink an Pre/Intra wokout fast carb with some bcaa's and you will get the same or better effect.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.19%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    Good point. I only addressed pump. Yeah, GMS is good. Just drink lots of water before, during, and after. Also helps to eat a meal some time before or shortly after the workout or you may be on the pot for awhile. Don't let that scare you tho, I took some GlycerGrow this morning myself! It is very cheap per serving as well. Lasts forever.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.48%

What is glycergrow? Because I won't do one of those squishy muscle makers
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.19%

What is glycergrow? Because I won't do one of those squishy muscle makers
    a glycerol monostearate product with a couple of added ingredients by Controlled Labs. It's a powder you take straight. Only slightly salty. Can also mix with a bit of applesauce if you don't like taking powder. I only use it pre, at 3-4 scoops. Others do it pre, during, and post. There's like a million scoops in a tub too

GlycerGROW™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.48%

I read up on it... Its a fat tho? And if u don't take it the right way ull get vomiting and diarhea... Sounds like powdered salmonela lol. Sorry but I have to respectfully say this product isn't for me
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.19%

I read up on it... Its a fat tho? And if u don't take it the right way ull get vomiting and diarhea... Sounds like powdered salmonela lol. Sorry but I have to respectfully say this product isn't for me
    your body doesn't treat it like a fat. I have a very weak GI and never had issues, cept when I had NO food at any point before or after. Try the carbs before and during with some protein 1-2 hours before. I bet that gives you a good pump.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by RAHHH View Post

are you looking to bulk?
    I like the cut of your jib.

As far as what I'm expecting from the arginine? A bit of pump and some vein action. I'm not a preworkout drink fan so I only take pre-surge cuz it was given to me free once I'm done with the tub I don't think ill buy another pre for a while
    Since you're currently taking PreSurge you're already aware of the vasodialation provided by GPLC. PreSurge is using a combination of GPLC, Iicarin, and Alpha Lipoic Acid. And if you are liking the pump you're getting from that product I would say that GPLC would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ccnAbolic View Post
    Yeah, GMS is good. Just drink lots of water before, during, and after. Also helps to eat a meal some time before or shortly after the workout or you may be on the pot for awhile. Don't let that scare you tho, I took some GlycerGrow this morning myself! It is very cheap per serving as well. Lasts forever.
    GMS. I remember using this one product...it was some type of slime green color/consistency from NXLabs and that was the main ingredient in it. Oh wow. I was still new to the game and had a lot of extra bf on my bones but I had ropes for veins.

Another option OP aside from what's been mentioned is just a big carb meal about 60-90 minutes before training. I usually do about 40-80g about 60-90 minutes before I train (dependent on what muscle group(s) that day.)
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.48%

Well I really haven't specified my goals with my body so here goes... I've been bulking for a while now and am used to the diet and all the eating I want and 18 in sized arm a decent sized back width and chest and legs that go along with that. I'm almost there with the sizes however since my bulking hasn't been too clean my muscles are big but without shape or form. Now I'm leaning my diet down eating a few less calories but still bulking and I'm doing the asteroid stack plus a weight gainer and glyco maize
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.48%

I need about an inch on my arms and I'm currently doing the 5x5 routine for bulking. I figured the A AKG would help definition a bit and make me veiny
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.19%

Ah. I think as you start to lean up you'll start to see the vascularity aspect of it. Mine show ok throughout the day but are most noticeable an hour or two after eating, drinking carbs or aminos, etc. It's all temporary though. The less fat I have, the better my vascularity. I am not the veiniest person though, regardless of what I do.

Fish oil, Vitamin C and other antioxidants, aminos, and carbs all help. Icarin is a smooth muscle relaxer and helps with vasodilation too. Other than fish oil, if you look at the ingredients you'll begin to see common themes with the types of ingredients I mention above. I do not claim to be an expert though, just observant maybe.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RAHHH View Post

are you looking to bulk?
    Agreed gplc will give you better pumps and more energy than aakg, however most older preworkouts will contain aakg as it was the hot ingredient back then, newer ones have gplc added.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

citrulline malate is a better alternative, add come creatine and its golden
    Agreed and agmatine; both are far superior the old arginine akg.

Mike
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.48%

Hey any problem with taking the AAKG with anabolic pump?
  21. New Member
    Stats
    4'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60%

Pumps are great but for some reason this stuff makes me break out.
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Since I feel I'm not a huge responder to agmatine, I snagged a bottle of Olympian Labs straight A-AKG powder; 1 scoop is 3g (3000mg), I plan on dosing 1 scoop a day possible 2 on work out days. Any suggestions on dosing or the amount of grams I need for it to be effective?
    This with some creatine mono & lots of water should = swole!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.31%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Since I feel I'm not a huge responder to agmatine, I snagged a bottle of Olympian Labs straight A-AKG powder; 1 scoop is 3g (3000mg), I plan on dosing 1 scoop a day possible 2 on work out days. Any suggestions on dosing or the amount of grams I need for it to be effective?

I'm on the same boat with ya. Hemavol didn't do squat regarding pumps only increased my endurance. But take it pre workout about 30 mins before and you'll feel your muscles gorge with blood. At least this works for me.
    PES R&D
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JonRubio

I'm on the same boat with ya. Hemavol didn't do squat regarding pumps only increased my endurance. But take it pre workout about 30 mins before and you'll feel your muscles gorge with blood. At least this works for me.
    Good to hear. I went in and saw the hemavol again and saw the $39 price tag, I looked to my left and grabbed that AAKG.

I'm going to take it everyday. How many grams a day you doing Jon & pre work out?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

Good to hear. I went in and saw the hemavol again and saw the $39 price tag, I looked to my left and grabbed that AAKG.

I'm going to take it everyday. How many grams a day you doing Jon & pre work out?
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.31%

Usually, I take it every other day so my body doesn't get to used to it. And I keep it just at 3-5 grams mixed with my BCAAs pre workout. Iv'e thrown it in intra and received the same effects. Start dosing it on your first bicep day with alot of water. Pumps are insane
    PES R&D
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

Usually, I take it every other day so my body doesn't get to used to it. And I keep it just at 3-5 grams mixed with my BCAAs pre workout. Iv'e thrown it in intra and received the same effects. Start dosing it on your first bicep day with alot of water. Pumps are insane
    Haha... I hope it betters than hemavol. Are you doing 3G those days or 5g?
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.31%

Haha... I hope it betters than hemavol. Are you doing 3G those days or 5g?
    Whatever I feel like doing tbh. Pumps are usually the same for me. If I wanna use it a few days in a row I'll start bumpin it up to 4g or 5g. Just drink alot of water and I like to take in carbs with my pre workout meal 2-3 hours before I take the AAKG/BCAAs/Pre-Workout.
    PES R&D
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

Whatever I feel like doing tbh. Pumps are usually the same for me. If I wanna use it a few days in a row I'll start bumpin it up to 4g or 5g. Just drink alot of water and I like to take in carbs with my pre workout meal 2-3 hours before I take the AAKG/BCAAs/Pre-Workout.
    Thx.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

Clinical dose is over 8 grams a day.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  31. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad
    Sounds like too much.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  32. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad
    Edit double post.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  33. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Dude, come on....

If you don't respond to agmatine, you don't waste money on a bunk ingredient. You should have bought citrulline malate if you want to manipulate NO production via endogenous arginine elevation
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  34. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Sounds like too much.

Actually, you'd need much more than 8g to elicit any tangible effect on NO production in healthy humans. Not to mention it attenuates the GH response to training when taken in a periworkout setting. Very poor investment IMO.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

Nitric Oxide Patches seems to work for me as far as akg. I also like no2 red from MRI.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.31%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Dude, come on....

If you don't respond to agmatine, you don't waste money on a bunk ingredient. You should have bought citrulline malate if you want to manipulate NO production via endogenous arginine elevation

Coops right, I can't say it helps me either. All I know is when I take it my muscles gorge with blood. It does give me a pump when I use it but then again I bought it about a year and a half ago and I know I won't buy it again.
    PES R&D
  37. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

Coops right, I can't say it helps me either. All I know is when I take it my muscles gorge with blood. It does give me a pump when I use it but then again I bought it about a year and a half ago and I know I won't buy it again.
    U just raved about how good this shyt is...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Dude, come on....

Next time, or I'll add it In again. Where were u when I needed you. Wasted $15 now haha... I won't pass it off until I try it first.

Coop: the reviews were good.
    http://supplementreviews.com/olympian-labs/a-akg-powder
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.31%

U just raved about how good this shyt is...
    Regarding pump it works what I was trying to say. INSANE PUMPS for me. But I honestly don't care if I get pumps anyways. I didn't claim it'll make your work out that much better you'll just feel it. Not worth money IMO if thats all it does.
    PES R&D
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Mix the aakg and cit malate poweders. 2:1 ratio. I was buying themin bulk for a while and doing that. I think i have stretch marks from the pumps i was getting.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  40. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

Regarding pump it works what I was trying to say. INSANE PUMPS for me. But I honestly don't care if I get pumps anyways. I didn't claim it'll make your work out that much better you'll just feel it. Not worth money IMO if thats all it does.
    True pumps don't matter, I think it has some benefits. That's all I been chasing for a while pumps ain't the same from when I use to work out and be a new-b to this chemicals...
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. Arginine, Agmatine and L-Arginine AKG
    By Hawk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 03:24 AM
  2. Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate or Arginine ethyl ester
    By corsaking in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 06:05 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 12:55 AM