Arginine AKG powder

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I was told by a gym buddy that argine AKG powder will help with my size.... It only costs like 10 bucks so I'm willing to give it a try... Anybody kno anything?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It'll give u a pump and open ur vessels..get u big not really...u need to take it about 3 times per day spread out

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
I was told by a gym buddy that argine AKG powder will help with my size.... It only costs like 10 bucks so I'm willing to give it a try... Anybody kno anything?
for pump ( usully what AKG is "used" for) i would rec GPLC from pp.
for size i would rec creapure or ASGT (good pre-workout also)
both together is also nice.

are you looking to bulk?

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Will not help with size and its true effects have been vastly exagerated and benefits mostly disproven.

What are you trying to achieve?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
citrulline malate is a better alternative, add come creatine and its golden

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I kno creatine Is a better alternative but I don't like its results for me. I gain a LITTLE SIZE but the muscle is not firm yet watery and squishy when I'm on a test booster or just off creatine all together my gains are more solid... As far as what I'm expecting from the arginine? A bit of pump and some vein action. I'm not a preworkout drink fan so I only take pre-surge cuz it was given to me free once I'm done with the tub I don't think ill buy another pre for a while

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I kno creatine Is a better alternative but I don't like its results for me. I gain a LITTLE SIZE but the muscle is not firm yet watery and squishy when I'm on a test booster or just off creatine all together my gains are more solid... As far as what I'm expecting from the arginine? A bit of pump and some vein action. I'm not a preworkout drink fan so I only take pre-surge cuz it was given to me free once I'm done with the tub I don't think ill buy another pre for a while
i think what you want is glycerol monosterate or glycerine

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Almost all new preworkouts and reformulations of old ones coming out left arginine out. There's a reason. It's not that it does absolutely nothing. It's that what little it actually did was through a different mechanism of action than previously believed. Supposedly, you can't ingest enough arginine to raise NO. It was only proven in IV administration in very large doses that would make you sick if taken orally.

Plagiarized content to follow:

Old Belief

Arginine -> Nitric Oxide -> Vasodilation -> Nutrient Delivery -> Muscle Growth and Strength

Newer Belief

Arginine -> Insulin -> Nitric Oxide -> Vasodilation -> Nutrient Delivery -> Muscle Growth and Strength

What that means is arginine is no more effective than carbs for pump/NO production/etc. So, drink a shake 45-60 before and then drink an Pre/Intra wokout fast carb with some bcaa's and you will get the same or better effect.

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Good point. I only addressed pump. Yeah, GMS is good. Just drink lots of water before, during, and after. Also helps to eat a meal some time before or shortly after the workout or you may be on the pot for awhile. Don't let that scare you tho, I took some GlycerGrow this morning myself! It is very cheap per serving as well. Lasts forever.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
What is glycergrow? Because I won't do one of those squishy muscle makers

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
What is glycergrow? Because I won't do one of those squishy muscle makers
a glycerol monostearate product with a couple of added ingredients by Controlled Labs. It's a powder you take straight. Only slightly salty. Can also mix with a bit of applesauce if you don't like taking powder. I only use it pre, at 3-4 scoops. Others do it pre, during, and post. There's like a million scoops in a tub too :)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/60810-glycergrow-faq-frequently.html

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I read up on it... Its a fat tho? And if u don't take it the right way ull get vomiting and diarhea... Sounds like powdered salmonela lol. Sorry but I have to respectfully say this product isn't for me

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
I read up on it... Its a fat tho? And if u don't take it the right way ull get vomiting and diarhea... Sounds like powdered salmonela lol. Sorry but I have to respectfully say this product isn't for me
your body doesn't treat it like a fat. I have a very weak GI and never had issues, cept when I had NO food at any point before or after. Try the carbs before and during with some protein 1-2 hours before. I bet that gives you a good pump.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

are you looking to bulk?
I like the cut of your jib. :)

As far as what I'm expecting from the arginine? A bit of pump and some vein action. I'm not a preworkout drink fan so I only take pre-surge cuz it was given to me free once I'm done with the tub I don't think ill buy another pre for a while
Since you're currently taking PreSurge you're already aware of the vasodialation provided by GPLC. PreSurge is using a combination of GPLC, Iicarin, and Alpha Lipoic Acid. And if you are liking the pump you're getting from that product I would say that GPLC would be the way to go.

Yeah, GMS is good. Just drink lots of water before, during, and after. Also helps to eat a meal some time before or shortly after the workout or you may be on the pot for awhile. Don't let that scare you tho, I took some GlycerGrow this morning myself! It is very cheap per serving as well. Lasts forever.
GMS. I remember using this one product...it was some type of slime green color/consistency from NXLabs and that was the main ingredient in it. Oh wow. I was still new to the game and had a lot of extra bf on my bones but I had ropes for veins.

Another option OP aside from what's been mentioned is just a big carb meal about 60-90 minutes before training. I usually do about 40-80g about 60-90 minutes before I train (dependent on what muscle group(s) that day.)

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Well I really haven't specified my goals with my body so here goes... I've been bulking for a while now and am used to the diet and all the eating I want and 18 in sized arm a decent sized back width and chest and legs that go along with that. I'm almost there with the sizes however since my bulking hasn't been too clean my muscles are big but without shape or form. Now I'm leaning my diet down eating a few less calories but still bulking and I'm doing the asteroid stack plus a weight gainer and glyco maize

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I need about an inch on my arms and I'm currently doing the 5x5 routine for bulking. I figured the A AKG would help definition a bit and make me veiny

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Ah. I think as you start to lean up you'll start to see the vascularity aspect of it. Mine show ok throughout the day but are most noticeable an hour or two after eating, drinking carbs or aminos, etc. It's all temporary though. The less fat I have, the better my vascularity. I am not the veiniest person though, regardless of what I do.

Fish oil, Vitamin C and other antioxidants, aminos, and carbs all help. Icarin is a smooth muscle relaxer and helps with vasodilation too. Other than fish oil, if you look at the ingredients you'll begin to see common themes with the types of ingredients I mention above. I do not claim to be an expert though, just observant maybe.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established

are you looking to bulk?
Agreed gplc will give you better pumps and more energy than aakg, however most older preworkouts will contain aakg as it was the hot ingredient back then, newer ones have gplc added.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
citrulline malate is a better alternative, add come creatine and its golden
Agreed and agmatine; both are far superior the old arginine akg.

Mike

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Hey any problem with taking the AAKG with anabolic pump?

Ryancrush

Awards
Pumps are great but for some reason this stuff makes me break out.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Since I feel I'm not a huge responder to agmatine, I snagged a bottle of Olympian Labs straight A-AKG powder; 1 scoop is 3g (3000mg), I plan on dosing 1 scoop a day possible 2 on work out days. Any suggestions on dosing or the amount of grams I need for it to be effective?
;) This with some creatine mono & lots of water should = swole!

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Since I feel I'm not a huge responder to agmatine, I snagged a bottle of Olympian Labs straight A-AKG powder; 1 scoop is 3g (3000mg), I plan on dosing 1 scoop a day possible 2 on work out days. Any suggestions on dosing or the amount of grams I need for it to be effective?

I'm on the same boat with ya. Hemavol didn't do squat regarding pumps only increased my endurance. But take it pre workout about 30 mins before and you'll feel your muscles gorge with blood. At least this works for me.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm on the same boat with ya. Hemavol didn't do squat regarding pumps only increased my endurance. But take it pre workout about 30 mins before and you'll feel your muscles gorge with blood. At least this works for me.
Good to hear. I went in and saw the hemavol again and saw the $39 price tag, I looked to my left and grabbed that AAKG.

:D I'm going to take it everyday. How many grams a day you doing Jon & pre work out?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good to hear. I went in and saw the hemavol again and saw the $39 price tag, I looked to my left and grabbed that AAKG.

:D I'm going to take it everyday. How many grams a day you doing Jon & pre work out?

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established

Usually, I take it every other day so my body doesn't get to used to it. And I keep it just at 3-5 grams mixed with my BCAAs pre workout. Iv'e thrown it in intra and received the same effects. Start dosing it on your first bicep day with alot of water. Pumps are insane :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Usually, I take it every other day so my body doesn't get to used to it. And I keep it just at 3-5 grams mixed with my BCAAs pre workout. Iv'e thrown it in intra and received the same effects. Start dosing it on your first bicep day with alot of water. Pumps are insane :D
Haha... I hope it betters than hemavol. Are you doing 3G those days or 5g?

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Haha... I hope it betters than hemavol. Are you doing 3G those days or 5g?
Whatever I feel like doing tbh. Pumps are usually the same for me. If I wanna use it a few days in a row I'll start bumpin it up to 4g or 5g. Just drink alot of water and I like to take in carbs with my pre workout meal 2-3 hours before I take the AAKG/BCAAs/Pre-Workout.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Whatever I feel like doing tbh. Pumps are usually the same for me. If I wanna use it a few days in a row I'll start bumpin it up to 4g or 5g. Just drink alot of water and I like to take in carbs with my pre workout meal 2-3 hours before I take the AAKG/BCAAs/Pre-Workout.
Thx.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Clinical dose is over 8 grams a day.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Dude, come on....

If you don't respond to agmatine, you don't waste money on a bunk ingredient. You should have bought citrulline malate if you want to manipulate NO production via endogenous arginine elevation

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sounds like too much.

Actually, you'd need much more than 8g to elicit any tangible effect on NO production in healthy humans. Not to mention it attenuates the GH response to training when taken in a periworkout setting. Very poor investment IMO.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Dude, come on....

If you don't respond to agmatine, you don't waste money on a bunk ingredient. You should have bought citrulline malate if you want to manipulate NO production via endogenous arginine elevation

Coops right, I can't say it helps me either. All I know is when I take it my muscles gorge with blood. It does give me a pump when I use it but then again I bought it about a year and a half ago and I know I won't buy it again.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Coops right, I can't say it helps me either. All I know is when I take it my muscles gorge with blood. It does give me a pump when I use it but then again I bought it about a year and a half ago and I know I won't buy it again.
U just raved about how good this shyt is...

Dude, come on....

Next time, or I'll add it In again. Where were u when I needed you. Wasted $15 now haha... I won't pass it off until I try it first.

Coop: the reviews were good.
http://supplementreviews.com/olympian-labs/a-akg-powder

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
U just raved about how good this shyt is...
Regarding pump it works what I was trying to say. INSANE PUMPS for me. But I honestly don't care if I get pumps anyways. I didn't claim it'll make your work out that much better you'll just feel it. Not worth money IMO if thats all it does.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Mix the aakg and cit malate poweders. 2:1 ratio. I was buying themin bulk for a while and doing that. I think i have stretch marks from the pumps i was getting.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Regarding pump it works what I was trying to say. INSANE PUMPS for me. But I honestly don't care if I get pumps anyways. I didn't claim it'll make your work out that much better you'll just feel it. Not worth money IMO if thats all it does.
True pumps don't matter, I think it has some benefits. That's all I been chasing for a while pumps ain't the same from when I use to work out and be a new-b to this chemicals...

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
True pumps don't matter, I think it has some benefits. That's all I been chasing for a while pumps ain't the same from when I use to work out and be a new-b to this chemicals...
Isn't ConDense coming out anyways lol :bigok:

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Arginine may improve pumps but it has no true value to a BBer in an oral, periworkout setting. Aaron, reviews are absolutely meaningless en masse. You know that. Placebo has treated symptoms of severe illnesses.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Arginine may improve pumps but it has no true value to a BBer in an oral, periworkout setting. Aaron, reviews are absolutely meaningless en masse. You know that. Placebo has treated symptoms of severe illnesses.
Gotcha... Phuck. Now I have to off this shyt or do an exchange hahaha...

condense taking too long haha...

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought a lot of people used AAKG in big nighttime doses to facilitate a GH response. Has this been debunked also?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I thought a lot of people used AAKG in big nighttime doses to facilitate a GH response. Has this been debunked also?
A large (~20-30g) bolus dose of arginine may be useful in this regard (only pre-bed), but all it is doing is improving GH release. There are cheaper, less extreme means of doing so (L-dopa, GABA) that do not require megadosing and GI discomfort.

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
A large (~20-30g) bolus dose of arginine may be useful in this regard (only pre-bed), but all it is doing is improving GH release. There are cheaper, less extreme means of doing so (L-dopa, GABA) that do not require megadosing and GI discomfort.
Your like a walking encylopedia bro :lol:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards