Anyone use straight creatine anymore?

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone still use straight creatine now? Or just run with pre/post with creatine in it?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yep good ol creapure by PP. Cheap and effective.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone still use straight creatine now? Or just run with pre/post with creatine in it?
I do sometimes. Nothing wrong with doing either.

~Team APPNUT

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
I got some Nutra's bulk creatine mono. Ill prob pick up some PP creapure to try it out when i'm done with what I got on hand.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
its cheaper just to buy bulk and take once a day. i usually go with 2 or 3 grams first thing in the morning when i pop my vitamins and whatnot

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10 grams creatine mono with 80 grams of dextrose after every workout!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely... Creapure and Dymatize offer great products that are dirt cheap. You can get an entire kilo of CMH for nearly $5 if you buy from bulk suppliers (although, they'll make you buy 25kg minimum).

SlickRick00

SlickRick00

Awards
i recently started creatine nitrate more powerful and potent than any type of creatine ive tried. Def worth checking out aps creatine nitrate.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i recently started creatine nitrate more powerful and potent than any type of creatine ive tried. Def worth checking out aps creatine nitrate.
What's the theory behind this type of creatine? I have seen these types of product surface lately, VPX's BCAA matrix etc - and I believe Thermolife also makes a version?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mono with my protein shake after every workout. Then usually with a glass of milk with my breakfast on Non workout days.

SlickRick00

SlickRick00

Awards
From the little research that i have done its 1,000 times more soluble than any other type of creatine available..... and there is no water or bloat involved.....The pumps are insane definiately feel different than anything else ive tried in a ling time.

Thermolife has it also but i am slowly becoming a loyal customer of aps nutrition. I started their preworkout "mesomorph" about a month ago and i have finally found the preworkout that works best for my body, Then this past week i ran the creatine nitrate and it was almost painful pumps, with a hard...dry...crisp look and feel.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Creatine Mono all the way. The stuff they came up with afterwards (like "vector creatine transport matrix" etc.) supposedly making the creatine more effective is just a scam to pull in more money. You can't go wrong with the original.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
From the little research that i have done its 1,000 times more soluble than any other type of creatine available..... and there is no water or bloat involved.....The pumps are insane definiately feel different than anything else ive tried in a ling time.

Thermolife has it also but i am slowly becoming a loyal customer of aps nutrition. I started their preworkout "mesomorph" about a month ago and i have finally found the preworkout that works best for my body, Then this past week i ran the creatine nitrate and it was almost painful pumps, with a hard...dry...crisp look and feel.
Thanks for the help... I'll look into them, always curious to find out about new companies and products.

Creatine Mono all the way. The stuff they came up with afterwards (like "vector creatine transport matrix" etc.) supposedly making the creatine more effective is just a scam to pull in more money. You can't go wrong with the original.
I am definitely inclined to agree with you here, but Slick Rick seems pretty adamant about his feedback; honestly, even if an increased 'pump' doesn't effectuate actual anabolism, I don't care, I am also interested and gratified by the pure visual transformation that takes place while training as well (cosmetic as it may be).

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
What's the theory behind this type of creatine? I have seen these types of product surface lately, VPX's BCAA matrix etc - and I believe Thermolife also makes a version?
i got nothing from creatine nitrate from my experience.

i tend to stick with the most economical and proven to work (for me atleast): Monohydrate

jerseyboy101

Awards
Ive been buying bulk creatine past year adding it to my pre workout and sometimes post workout shakes i have jack3d and theres only like 1.5 grams of mono in there per serving so i add a couple more grams in, atm im doing Dicreatine malate since ive been running mono for a while so far so good like the results

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
just bought 600g of creapure. Might try Creatine nitrate next. it does sound interesting.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
just bought 600g of creapure. Might try Creatine nitrate next. it does sound interesting.
Yes, it does sound interesting... anymore though I am reticent to give a company my "hope it works" dollars, without strong clinical and empirical evidence. Plus, although it was never proven, I have heard some things about APS skimping out on some labeled ingredients, and playing copy-cat with some competitors blends. I will give anyone a fair fighting chance though, and pride myself in drawing my own conclusions.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i got nothing from creatine nitrate from my experience.

i tend to stick with the most economical and proven to work (for me atleast): Monohydrate
Thanks for the input... what companies brand did you try?

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it does sound interesting... anymore though I am reticent to give a company my "hope it works" dollars, without strong clinical and empirical evidence. Plus, although it was never proven, I have heard some things about APS skimping out on some labeled ingredients, and playing copy-cat with some competitors blends. I will give anyone a fair fighting chance though, and pride myself in drawing my own conclusions.
You're right, but im assuming at minimum it works as good as creatine mono. It doesn't hurt me to spend a couple extra bucks to find out if i like a new product. If not, i use it up and go back to the good old regular stuff.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
You're right, but im assuming at minimum it works as good as creatine mono. It doesn't hurt me to spend a couple extra bucks to find out if i like a new product. If not, i use it up and go back to the good old regular stuff.
This is a pretty intelligent argument you make actually - very well done, no sarcasm. Thanks for the solid food for thought. I'm repping you after I post this.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if im cycling off of my thermolife cbol im taking Creapure.

those are the only 2 i use other than when i take ASGT.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
if im cycling off of my thermolife cbol im taking Creapure.

those are the only 2 i use other than when i take ASGT.
ASGT has always intrigued me... but as I have mentioned elsewhere in the forums, I am actually hesitant to try it, because the ingredient blend compared to the product cost seems to be 'too good' to be true. I would feel much more comfortable if I knew their products were private label manufactured in a cGMP and ISO or FDA compliant facility with random batch COAs and purity testing.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally, I'm not convinced by nitrates. The molar ratio of creatine to nitrate would have to be just right, otherwise you run the risk of lightheadedness and even passing out with an excessive dose.

Conversely, if a large dose doesn't make you pass out, it brings into question the actual bioavailability of the product.

That said, I've got nothing against them - they are simply as yet unproven.

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
dymatize micronized creatine 200 servings for about 20 bucks

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I'm not convinced by nitrates. The molar ratio of creatine to nitrate would have to be just right, otherwise you run the risk of lightheadedness and even passing out with an excessive dose.

Conversely, if a large dose doesn't make you pass out, it brings into question the actual bioavailability of the product.

That said, I've got nothing against them - they are simply as yet unproven.
I'd be curious to know if any upcoming University studies are scheduled?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i use hemavol with creapure

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Mono has stood the test of time. Dicreatine malate is really the only other creatine that has even stayed relavant since NO-Xplode was big, probably because of the malic acid.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
link to source: http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/23/1_MeetingAbstracts/954.13?ck=nck

Pharmacological vasodilation improves the anabolic response of muscle protein synthesis to insulin in elders -- Lee et al. 23 (1): 954.13 -- The FASEB Journal

Loss of muscle with aging (sarcopenia) contributes to disability in elders. Aging is associated with an insulin resistance of muscle protein anabolism, which correlates with impaired insulin-induced muscle vasodilation and nutrient delivery.

We hypothesized that pharmacological restoration of muscle perfusion to youthful values during hyperinsulinemia would improve the response of muscle protein synthesis and anabolism in older subjects.

We measured blood flow (BF), anabolic signaling, and muscle protein synthesis (Rd) and breakdown (Ra) with stable isotope tracers at baseline and during insulin infusion in one leg in 12 healthy, non-diabetic older subjects (71 ± 2 yrs) divided in two groups: CTRL (insulin only) and SNP (insulin + sodium nitroprusside to double blood flow above baseline).

Blood flow and phenylalanine delivery increased significantly (P<0.05) in SNP only. Muscle protein synthesis (nmol·min-1 ·100mL leg-1) increased in SNP (35 ± 4 to 102 ± 26), but not in CTRL (34 ± 10 to 45 ± 10), while breakdown did not change in either group. Akt/PKB phosphorylation increased in both groups but to a larger extent in SNP (P<0.05) and S6K1 phosphorylation tended to increase more in SNP (P = 0.068).

In conclusion, pharmacological restoration of muscle perfusion and nutrient delivery during hyperinsulinemia increased muscle protein synthesis in elders.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
link to source: http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/23/1_MeetingAbstracts/954.13?ck=nck

Pharmacological vasodilation improves the anabolic response of muscle protein synthesis to insulin in elders -- Lee et al. 23 (1): 954.13 -- The FASEB Journal

Loss of muscle with aging (sarcopenia) contributes to disability in elders. Aging is associated with an insulin resistance of muscle protein anabolism, which correlates with impaired insulin-induced muscle vasodilation and nutrient delivery.

We hypothesized that pharmacological restoration of muscle perfusion to youthful values during hyperinsulinemia would improve the response of muscle protein synthesis and anabolism in older subjects.

We measured blood flow (BF), anabolic signaling, and muscle protein synthesis (Rd) and breakdown (Ra) with stable isotope tracers at baseline and during insulin infusion in one leg in 12 healthy, non-diabetic older subjects (71 ± 2 yrs) divided in two groups: CTRL (insulin only) and SNP (insulin + sodium nitroprusside to double blood flow above baseline).

Blood flow and phenylalanine delivery increased significantly (P<0.05) in SNP only. Muscle protein synthesis (nmol·min-1 ·100mL leg-1) increased in SNP (35 ± 4 to 102 ± 26), but not in CTRL (34 ± 10 to 45 ± 10), while breakdown did not change in either group. Akt/PKB phosphorylation increased in both groups but to a larger extent in SNP (P<0.05) and S6K1 phosphorylation tended to increase more in SNP (P = 0.068).

In conclusion, pharmacological restoration of muscle perfusion and nutrient delivery during hyperinsulinemia increased muscle protein synthesis in elders.
Very interesting... so along with perhaps some Ecdy, Methoxy and digestive enzymes, this could combine to promote the most advantageous nitrogen balance for a dieting strength athlete effectuating lean mass retention?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very interesting... so along with perhaps some Ecdy, Methoxy and digestive enzymes, this could combine to promote the most advantageous nitrogen balance for a dieting strength athlete effectuating lean mass retention?
i dont know about "most"

but i in my experience believe nitrates are effective.

dont know much about methoxy, and when it comes to Ecdy, Ebol is the best product ive ever used for a total non-hormonal product outside of creatine, but there are other things in it as well.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input... what companies brand did you try?
Themolife's C-Bol

I think it is VERY over hyped, atleast at bb.com anyways. I also didnt experience those "mind blowing pumps" from the nitrates. If anything, i experienced some mild headaches here and there.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Themolife's C-Bol

I think it is VERY over hyped, atleast at bb.com anyways. I also didnt experience those "mind blowing pumps" from the nitrates. If anything, i experienced some mild headaches here and there.
Could there be a way to counter-act this phenomena, so users can take advantage of increased muscle pumps and anabolism, while keeping head aches at bay? I experienced some recurrent headaches last week and it was NOT enjoyable.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i dont know about "most"

but i in my experience believe nitrates are effective.

dont know much about methoxy, and when it comes to Ecdy, Ebol is the best product ive ever used for a total non-hormonal product outside of creatine, but there are other things in it as well.
My favorite non-hormonal product/stack of all time revolved around Ecdy as well... that's ironic. I don't want to get the thread off course, but its reassuring knowing that other athletes can label past cycles as truly being 'best' when they include certain repeating compounds.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
CEE screwed up my digestion. I would say put natural creatine in your body, because everything else may or may not have weird chemical side effects.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
When i said "a couple extra bucks" i didn't realize that APS Creatine Nitrate was $50

:shocked1:

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When i said "a couple extra bucks" i didn't realize that APS Creatine Nitrate was $50

:shocked1:
its cheaper, about $30. usually the companies store will be a jacked price.

i still like cbol though.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont use regular creatine mono anymore, but I do use Creapure. Works everytime.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I like CreaPure, Ancient Strength, Trinitine, C-bol was solid too, green mag has betaine which I do like.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I like CreaPure, Ancient Strength, Trinitine, C-bol was solid too, green mag has betaine which I do like.
Controlled Labs Green Mag is a great formula... I always forget about Controlled Labs when it comes time to re-up my supply for some reason. I really like that company.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Didnt want to start a new post about an old topic, so dug this up. Does anyone using monohydrate do more than 5gs per day. Currently I take roughly 6-7 grams post workout every day. Been thinking of doing 5g with jack3d 30 mins pre w/o, and then 5g again post w/o. Sound ok?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didnt want to start a new post about an old topic, so dug this up. Does anyone using monohydrate do more than 5gs per day. Currently I take roughly 6-7 grams post workout every day. Been thinking of doing 5g with jack3d 30 mins pre w/o, and then 5g again post w/o. Sound ok?
yes its okay
but seriously bro, you bumping old threads,kmon :eek13:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
HOW DARE YOU SIR! This thread is circa 2 months ago - I can't believe it was still on the servers, or for that matter carved into stone tablets and archived by this point.

I usually take 5g upon waking prior to breakfast so I flood my system with the goody juice which will be efficiently welcomed with open insulinogenic arms with breakfast's assortment of high GI carbohydrates and Leucine-rich Whey protein. I then create an anabolic safety net by creating a buffer zone before, during, and after training by consuming 3/5/5g in respective order, consuming the final post workout dose with Need 2 Slin to enhance the anabolic window's duration and nutrient uptake.

Happy Creatining to you!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HOW DARE YOU SIR! This thread is circa 2 months ago - I can't believe it was still on the servers, or for that matter carved into stone tablets and archived by this point.

I usually take 5g upon waking prior to breakfast so I flood my system with the goody juice which will be efficiently welcomed with open insulinogenic arms with breakfast's assortment of high GI carbohydrates and Leucine-rich Whey protein. I then create an anabolic safety net by creating a buffer zone before, during, and after training by consuming 3/5/5g in respective order, consuming the final post workout dose with Need 2 Slin to enhance the anabolic window's duration and nutrient uptake.

Happy Creatining to you!
18gr a day? Seriously?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i take 3g/day. i think it works equally well as 20 grams

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
When my current 'special' creatine mix is finished I'll be switching back to good old monohydrate.. Because my current mix tastes like ASS!! :puke:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
18gr a day? Seriously?
Yes - I made no claims this is in any way the optimal dosage scheme, or discounted the many studies done in the past revolving around 5g dosages; I am simply stating I enjoy the many benefits of creatine on a very high level, and take in the bulk of my daily amount around training.

That aggregate 15-18 grams per day drops drastically to 3-5g per day maximum on off days. Since I have never experienced severe stomach discomfort, and we are all aware of the multitude of benefits offered by this amazing supplement, paired with the fact I have more on hand than I can ever imagine using - this is my protocol.