Timing

TeamT10

Awards
So morning workouts, i do HITT (sprints 16 min) nad then lift immediately after, and then abs for 15 minutes, when i start taking my pre intra post supplements (ASGT, Extend, Synthesize) im not sure how i want to time them

Should i be doing the pre before everything, or just before the lift, should the extend be spared throughout the whole workout cardio included or just during muscle lifting, any suggestions on this

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
what are your goals? fat loss or mass gain?

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I wouldnt do a weight session right after any form of cardio; it drains your energy like a mofo

However, if you need to do that, drink the asgt about 5-10 minutes before you end the hitt.

Xtend during weight training.

Synthesize after abs.

TeamT10

Awards
what are your goals? fat loss or mass gain?
next month is to lose bf, but keep weight, after that for 8 weeks its pure gain, then month after that pure cut, itll all be in a log soon

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to agree with andrewnico, you've got it backwards there. you ought to do the abs first as a partial warmup, then lift, then HIIT at the end. Its far more beneficial that way for fatloss too

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So morning workouts, i do HITT (sprints 16 min) nad then lift immediately after, and then abs for 15 minutes, when i start taking my pre intra post supplements (ASGT, Extend, Synthesize) im not sure how i want to time them

Should i be doing the pre before everything, or just before the lift, should the extend be spared throughout the whole workout cardio included or just during muscle lifting, any suggestions on this
If your primary goal is to drop BF%, I'd do ASGT prior to your HIIT, so it really gets your maximum effort. You don't really need NO during your HIIT and you don't want too much in your stomach prior to HIIT, so I would suggest that pre workout.

Extend: The thing with Extend, is that you have three opportunities to use it. HIIT elicits the same post workout insulin receptor sensitivity and potential greater insulin release effects that follow a lifting session, which the L-Leucine from your Extend would maximally benefit and you also have your intra, anti-catabolic effects that the BCAA's have a role in and then the post lift insulin window again.

All that being said, considering that you do HIIT right before you lift, which is impressive, you'd get the most out of the Extend post HIIT, pre lift.

ASGT - Pre HIIT
Extend and Synthesize - Post HIIT/Pre Lift (exploit insulin window, preventive measure of anti-catabolism)
Extend - Post Lift again if you can afford it. If not, you should do well with your regular protein shake, which most likely contains a good share of BCAA's (L-Leucine, in particular).

TeamT10

Awards
If your primary goal is to drop BF%, I'd do ASGT prior to your HIIT, so it really gets your maximum effort. You don't really need NO during your HIIT and you don't want too much in your stomach prior to HIIT, so I would suggest that pre workout.

Extend: The thing with Extend, is that you have three opportunities to use it. HIIT elicits the same post workout insulin receptor sensitivity and potential greater insulin release effects that follow a lifting session, which the L-Leucine from your Extend would maximally benefit and you also have your intra, anti-catabolic effects that the BCAA's have a role in and then the post lift insulin window again.

All that being said, considering that you do HIIT right before you lift, which is impressive, you'd get the most out of the Extend post HIIT, pre lift.

ASGT - Pre HIIT
Extend and Synthesize - Post HIIT/Pre Lift (exploit insulin window, preventive measure of anti-catabolism)
Extend - Post Lift again if you can afford it. If not, you should do well with your regular protein shake, which most likely contains a good share of BCAA's (L-Leucine, in particular).
I know doing the lift post HIIT isnt smart because of the energy drain, but iv actually gotten used to it, 5 minutes in between and im pumped up to lift, i work at the gym 530am to 9 am, so half the time i just do it simply because what else is there to do really

Ya i cant afford the double Extend doses, so i will go with the Post HIIT pre lift idea

thanks for the input its much appreciated

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Anabolics 1
drejb Supplements 13
RiverRat75 IGF-1/GH 20
Supplements 10
drejb Anabolics 1