Supplement to lower blood pressure

  1. Supplement to lower blood pressure


    I have always run higher blood pressure. Any supps good for helping lower it?
    NOT an IFORCE rep, but their new VMS Protean is amazing. I also dropped 15lbs on the testabolan2 and rev2 stack last month.


  2. Ameal BP
    Cycle Support
    EFA's
    Krill
    CSE
    Water

  3. Quote Originally Posted by bigbeef View Post
    I have always run higher blood pressure. Any supps good for helping lower it?
    Hawthorne berry. I find the extract (liquid) very effective. It's in Cycle Support as was mentioned earlier.
    •   
       


  4. Yeah I like hawthorn berry also

    RECOVERBRO



  5. korean ginseng

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Ameal BP

    Nice suggestion. Seems like there is quite a bit of positive feedback on this different approach to lowering BP (well, over the internet).

    Are there any cheaper knock offs? Too $$$ for me.

    Edit:was referring to the Ameal

  7. If you're taking any NO boosters, stop. They make blood pressure skyrocket. Yes they can help while training but they're not helpful outside the gym.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

  8. Just to clarify, arginine is a vasodialator, while lots of the common energy ingredients in NO pre-workouts are vasoconstrictors, like caffeine. I agree with the Cycle support, works well and it's proven.

  9. I thought vasodilation through increased nitric oxide (NO2 boosters) cause blood vessels to relax/dilate, which would lower blood pressure not elevate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    If you're taking any NO boosters, stop. They make blood pressure skyrocket. Yes they can help while training but they're not helpful outside the gym.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I thought vasodilation through increased nitric oxide (NO2 boosters) cause blood vessels to relax/dilate, which would lower blood pressure not elevate it.
    I should have been more clear in my post. Yes, L-arginine (and some other forms of it) can cause hypotension. It's usually all the other added garbage that counteracts it and increases BP. If you want to continue using something to increase NO production then you may want to buy bulk L-arginine or something similar. Try avoiding the stims they throw in all the other products on the market for a while. Test boosters can also increase BP. You can also make some lifestyle changes: more water, more sleep, reduce sodium intake, increase potassium intake, quit your job and move to a secluded tropical island, etc.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

  11. A quality Fish oil / EFA blend. And like mentioned, staying away from anything that increases it, should be your first concern. I'm assuming you already know this, but just making sure due to so many pre's out there loaded with ingredients.

  12. I drink about 2 gallons of water a day. I used massive amounts of juice in my early 20's and have struggled with it since.
    NOT an IFORCE rep, but their new VMS Protean is amazing. I also dropped 15lbs on the testabolan2 and rev2 stack last month.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Nice suggestion. Seems like there is quite a bit of positive feedback on this different approach to lowering BP (well, over the internet).

    Are there any cheaper knock offs? Too $$$ for me.

    Edit:was referring to the Ameal
    walgreens and ebay

  14. Quote Originally Posted by bigbeef View Post
    I have always run higher blood pressure. Any supps good for helping lower it?
    The big three are grapeseed extract, hawthorn berry extract, and celery seed extract. All are relatively inexpensive, so it would probably be worthwhile to try each of them individually while using a $30 BP wrist monitor 45 minutes - 1 hour later to measure the effectiveness. i guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised.

    If I were forced to pick just one, it would probably be the grapeseed extract at 300 mg./day (in two divide doses of 150 mg).

    Other supplements which can have modest effects on high BP are pomegranate extract, arginine ethyl ester, and L-theanine (at bed time).

  15. grapeseed extract
    celery seed extract
    hawthorn berry extract
    EFA's
    Garlic extr

    2 name a few. any of these should help.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  16. Celery Seed Extract is a wise choice just by understanding its mechanism of action. If my memory serves me correct, most often for weight lifters using supplements, hypertension is causes by excess fluid volume/water retention from various supplements/hormonals although not all of the time. Celery Seed Extract acts as a mild diuretic in addition to mimicking a calcium channel blocker, which are pharmacologically used to manager increased pressures.

    There is also a milk peptide, C12 or something like that I can not recall off the top of my head that is far superior to most all of everything on the market as far as OTC goes; only major drawback is that its expensive but it is suppose to mimic an ACE Inhibitor to reduce pressures preventing arterial constriction.

  17. Ive always used meganatural bp from swanson. they also have a comprehensive formula for bp with the meganatural, ameal bp, natto and hawthorn for like 25bucks or so. also organic apple cider vinegar is cheap and very effective. if that ain't your bag, try Mukta Vati: it's and ayuverdic supplement from india and will decrease bp substantially within 3 days. I have to maintain my bp low for my job DOT requirements , so I have verified all these methods personally.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by majormass View Post
    Ive always used meganatural bp from swanson. they also have a comprehensive formula for bp with the meganatural, ameal bp, natto and hawthorn for like 25bucks or so. also organic apple cider vinegar is cheap and very effective. if that ain't your bag, try Mukta Vati: it's and ayuverdic supplement from india and will decrease bp substantially within 3 days. I have to maintain my bp low for my job DOT requirements , so I have verified all these methods personally.
    That stuff looks good, I just checked it out, never used it though.

  19. These have been my favs with normal staples- I think they both contain the C-12 peptide.

    CSE, EFA, Krill, Water, Diet, Cycle Support,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  20. Garlic
    Celery seed
    More cardio
    l- argine 1-2g day

    Used the above with success. Always take L-arginine for health benefits and seems to keep my bp in check so just been keeping it steady.
  21. Thumbs up


    Bro, mad props for recommending this stuff. Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by majormass View Post
    try Mukta Vati: it's and ayuverdic supplement from india and will decrease bp substantially within 3 days.
    http://www.herbs2healyou.com/high-blood-pressure.html

    "Candid" Feedback from others

    http://forum.lef.org/default.aspx?f=43&m=28437

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/alternati...ure-33953.html


    Well done!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    grapeseed extract
    celery seed extract
    hawthorn berry extract
    EFA's
    Garlic extr

    2 name a few. any of these should help.
    Great post - THIS.

  23. There is that C-12 peptide or something derived by milk I want to say that is suppose to work unreal good for something OTC. It mimics an ace inhibitor if I recall correct.

    Mike

  24. Want all to come here agian to update this topic, after a long time, I think this is incomplete. Do you please share something about lowering Blood pressure with supplements

  25. Celery seed extract, Hawthorne extract, and fish oil have been my staples for years.

  26. I have read promising things about Hypertine as well.

    CoQ10 and Celery Seed Extract will lower mine several points.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by John Denver View Post
    Want all to come here agian to update this topic, after a long time, I think this is incomplete. Do you please share something about lowering Blood pressure with supplements
    Well other than what is all over this thread, could add to the list Potassium Nitrate.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com

  28. Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Well other than what is all over this thread, could add to the list Potassium Nitrate.
    Good addition to the thread
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  29. COQ10 if not mentioned

  30. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    I have read promising things about Hypertine as well. CoQ10 and Celery Seed Extract will lower mine several points.
    Never heard of it. Just ran a google search on this stuff as it relates to blood pressure. Cool stuff.

    Wonder what the feedback is. Got poor reviews in Amazon. Lol
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Never heard of it. Just ran a google search on this stuff as it relates to blood pressure. Cool stuff.

    Wonder what the feedback is. Got poor reviews in Amazon. Lol
    Of the users I have read about on the forums the responders vs. non-responders seem to be about 50/50. I have not yet tried it myself.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Well other than what is all over this thread, could add to the list Potassium Nitrate.

    Truth, Potassium Nitrate will indeed directly lower blood pressure.

    Mike

  33. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Celery Seed Extract is a wise choice just by understanding its mechanism of action. If my memory serves me correct, most often for weight lifters using supplements, hypertension is causes by excess fluid volume/water retention from various supplements/hormonals although not all of the time. Celery Seed Extract acts as a mild diuretic in addition to mimicking a calcium channel blocker, which are pharmacologically used to manager increased pressures.

    There is also a milk peptide, C12 or something like that I can not recall off the top of my head that is far superior to most all of everything on the market as far as OTC goes; only major drawback is that its expensive but it is suppose to mimic an ACE Inhibitor to reduce pressures preventing arterial constriction.

    CSE lowered my pressure down. also my potassium by a little.

  34. Definitely KNO3 will do that, its insane for pumps.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Supp to help lower blood pressure?
    By bla55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 01:18 PM
  2. DHA-rich Omega 3 may lower high diastolic blood pressure
    By the Cardinal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
  3. Chocolate Linked to Lower Blood Pressure
    By Sirius in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 08:30 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Log in
Log in