casein issues

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Answers

casein issues

Is there any correlation between casein and frequent diarrhea? I recently picked it up and have had seious bathroom problems. Something similar happened a while before with syntha-6 and I just realized that it also has casein

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bi0hazurd View Post
    Is there any correlation between casein and frequent diarrhea? I recently picked it up and have had seious bathroom problems. Something similar happened a while before with syntha-6 and I just realized that it also has casein
    Maybe you're lactose intolerant? If so, this could be the reason why casein gives you such this effect . . . Or perhaps it's not the casein at all, but something else in your nutrition and/or supplementation regime causing this?

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Well I'm not lactose intolerant but syntha-6 did this to me a while ago and if its not the casein then its the cytogainer I'm taking but its definately one of the two because I don't think it would be the glycomaize or pink magic. The only reason I figured casein was cuz it started at round the same time
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bi0hazurd View Post
    Well I'm not lactose intolerant but syntha-6 did this to me a while ago and if its not the casein then its the cytogainer I'm taking but its definately one of the two because I don't think it would be the glycomaize or pink magic. The only reason I figured casein was cuz it started at round the same time
    I recommend using each product standalone for a few days then, following the same nutrition and training regime that you have, to figure out what the cause is, and then eliminate it - it could very well be an ingredient in one of the products, and if you weed it out, then you can select another product to replace that product, or just deal and keep using it.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Answers

only one way to find out.. i'd discontinue and see if the diarhea clears up.. i've never used just caesin protein, always pure whey, or a blend.. hope you are feeling better... diarhea sucks.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Yea I'm gonna drop casein for a bit
  7. Registered User
    Answers

This is going to sound obvious but are you sure you aren't simply intolerant to casein?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Is that possible? To be intolerant to casein?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Answers

I would assume you would be intolerant to milk as well since milk is 80% casein.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

more people get that kind of a problem from glycomaize. Cause it has waxy maize in it and that gives a lot of people gas, bloating, and well you know whats next.
  11. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Ive never used calcium caseinate, I always use micellar casein mixed with low fat milk and I never have stomach issues with it. And I usually have some slight stomach issues with 100% whey isolate protein.

Micellar casein has seemed to be the best bet for me as far as stomach issues, but if youre lactose intolerant than that still wont matter.

I have also heard that beef protein powder is good for those who get an easily upset stomach (i think true protein sells it)
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Answers

My 1st thought would be the brand. I can't touch ON, of any kind. Destroys my stomach. I've found ISS Research casein doesn't bother my stomach at all.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ran out of casein
    By rojasdave in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
  2. Best Casein?
    By GetDatFool in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
  3. Before bed: Casein only or a mix of Whey/Casein/Egg
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss