CLA for FAT LOSS, BUT CAUSES FATTY LIVER?
- 08-16-2010, 03:04 PM
- 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM
- 08-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Just the opposite:
GLA & DHA attenuate CLA:
Dazed and confused!
08-16-2010, 07:59 PM
08-16-2010, 09:31 PM
08-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Never rely on a secondary source; ever moreso when it's written on a meta-study.
the whole ihealth thing is based off two conflicting papers - one in mice and another in rats. Neither included work in a human model or trial. Both species of rodent responded differently - the rats saw improved insulin sensitivity and lower liver fat while the mice responded oppositely.
There is evidence from Belury 2003 that CLA improves insulin sensitivity in humans, which in turn relates to body mass. This would imply that the rat model is more inline with human data.
The point? Not all species necessarily react identically to a given substance, and there is good support for the correlation of moderate CLA to insulin sensitivity and body mass.
08-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Ive seen the reports that Nate is reporting, that its spose to have the same negative effects of other trans fatty acids...
Similar Forum Threads
- By Pax in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-20-2014, 11:17 PM
- By MAxximal in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-02-2010, 02:18 PM
- By Emerge in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 02-09-2009, 02:25 PM
- By willis3 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 5Last Post: 03-02-2007, 10:45 AM
- By yeahright in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 6Last Post: 04-17-2006, 02:11 AM