thoughs on my intra workout shake

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
So rather than pay $30 for me to take something during workout I'm thinking of putting my own together with the things I got around me. So here it is:

10g of BCAA
10g of Glutamine
3 scoops(1serving) of GlycerGrow

its definitely going to taste like sh!t but who cares. So is this good or should I add something else to it?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't really know anything about GlycerGrow, but I personally wouldn't think you'd need the Glutamine to that high in comparison with the BCAAs. I usually go about 2:1 on BCAA:Glutamine (just my preference). And the amount of BCAAs should reflect if you're on a cut or bulk and how long / intense your workout is. The longer you're in there and the higher intensity is, I'd want to up those numbers.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So rather than pay $30 for me to take something during workout I'm thinking of putting my own together with the things I got around me. So here it is:

10g of BCAA
10g of Glutamine
3 scoops(1serving) of GlycerGrow

its definitely going to taste like sh!t but who cares. So is this good or should I add something else to it?
If we're speaking intraworkout, I would drop the glutamine.

Add some beta-alanine, creatine, maybe some carbs (depending on diet). Lots of things could be added. Its going to taste like crap though, so maybe some crystal light, or some bulk gatorade (carbs and electrolytes).

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just roll with LG's BC+EAA with some added DiCreatine Malate(dirt cheap on Nutra) and Taurine. It works for me sometimes if i go without a preworkout supp i throw in some Beta-Alanine as well.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I like glycergrow pre wo. for my intra I use Max absorb protein plus 7 glutamine.

dan32547

Awards
I do the following:
3 scoops glycergrow
10 grams BCAA
2 scoops powdered Gatorade

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any carbs at all? it looks kinda similar to mine,
5g glutamine
1.5 scoops Maximum absorbed protein (peptopro)
70g carbs from gatorade or swedish potato starch....

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
The reason I didn't throw carbs in there was because I was affraid that it would mess up with ASGT and pump sence there suppose to be taken on empty stomach. I don't know if taking things afterward would fukk with it or not. I'm taking waxy maize post workout I could use it for intra.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
carbs will help with a pump

mjr5214

Awards
Yeah, the liquid carbs will help with a pump and also helps ensure that the body doesnt burn the glutamine and bcaas for energy

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I can't do grape drinks but good idea.

Soooo the stack is suppose to be

1 serving of waxy maize(40g of carbs)
10g of BCAA
1 serving of glycergrow

should I also do waxy maize post workout or no just stick to post-workout shake and food.

HurtinPounds

Awards
I wouldn't do waxy maize for post, if you're doing it intra.

UKStrength

Get some Beta Alanine in there mate and some carbohydrates, unlikely that you'll need a huge amount (unless your training is very intense) but they're good for a pump :)

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Im glad you started this thread man. Im in the process of researching trying to throw together my own intra drink as well. Loved Sizeon, but would like to see if i cant get something in bulk and keep the cost per serving down. You try it first and let me know how horrible it taste lol.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Im glad you started this thread man. Im in the process of researching trying to throw together my own intra drink as well. Loved Sizeon, but would like to see if i cant get something in bulk and keep the cost per serving down. You try it first and let me know how horrible it taste lol.
I put some of my bcaa in my amazing shake and it went from awesome to hmmmm...so thats how sh!t taste like! Glycergrow is sooo not going to help it.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Get some Beta Alanine in there mate and some carbohydrates, unlikely that you'll need a huge amount (unless your training is very intense) but they're good for a pump :)
So nutraplanet makes a beta alanine cause I'm about to place the order on there site but in the future I'm going to go with PP product cause there the same price. But is every gram a gram of BA? So a 1000g container a 1000g of BA?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't do grape drinks but good idea.

Soooo the stack is suppose to be

1 serving of waxy maize(40g of carbs)
10g of BCAA
1 serving of glycergrow

should I also do waxy maize post workout or no just stick to post-workout shake and food.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
touché! I'm happy that there is a admin in my thread helping me but I have to make you say something. Ummm...what is your favorite intra-workout supplement?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Jack3d when I wake up which contains my CM and BA and then I sip on 25g of BCAA's that are flavored with Great Value sugar free grape flavoring.

I'm not a fan of the transient NO's and/or other volumizers. I get my pump from ...well...the pump :D

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I use Jack3d when I wake up which contains my CM and BA and then I sip on 25g of BCAA's that are flavored with Great Value sugar free grape flavoring.

I'm not a fan of the transient NO's and/or other volumizers. I get my pump from ...well...the pump :D
25g through out workout or through out the day?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3 grams per hour of leucine is all one can use. I would go with something like performance mid with the electrolytes in it maybe leucine if you did not pre and BA and creatine and some GPLC. simple as that.

GearedVader

GearedVader

Awards
500mg PSlin
25g BCAAs
10g creatine
20g gatorade
70g carbs (dex/wms mix)

start with 25% pre workout, drink 50% during, slam last 25% immediately postWO

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
500mg PSlin
25g BCAAs
10g creatine
20g gatorade
70g carbs (dex/wms mix)

start with 25% pre workout, drink 50% during, slam last 25% immediately postWO
That sounds like a good idea. The only reason I don't have creatine in it is cause I'm taking ASGT which I think has 6g in it.

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Im finding it hard to beat the price of LG's BC+EAA per serving plus its already flavored and has glutamine in it already. Throw in some creatine and WMS and call it a day. But then for a 30day supply your about the same price as some sizeon or the like there of. But im thinking in the BCAA deptarment your way better off making your own drink like this. I think im going this route minus the creatine since ive got another source of creatine i am currently using. Let us know what you end up brewing man.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Im finding it hard to beat the price of LG's BC+EAA per serving plus its already flavored and has glutamine in it already. Throw in some creatine and WMS and call it a day. But then for a 30day supply your about the same price as some sizeon or the like there of. But im thinking in the BCAA deptarment your way better off making your own drink like this. I think im going this route minus the creatine since ive got another source of creatine i am currently using. Let us know what you end up brewing man.
For anybody that wants to see how this would go just check with my current log cause its going to have the link for the next log which is going to have this in it! Just a sneak peak there is going to be ASGT, PUMP, slin sane, and recomp in it. A LOT of stuff!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A mix I've been thoroughly enjoying is LG's BC+EAA and PP's MAP.

1 scoop of MAP + 5 scoops of BC+EAA provides ~20g of various hydrolysates and an addition ~5g of 4:1:1 BCAA.

And it's quite tasty.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
yes add in 10g dextrose and 1g beta-a and 1g creapure from pp.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Since BCAAs taste so bad, my advice is to buy a premade intraworkout shake.

joedf

Awards
When I was making my own intra workout shake, I would mix: 40 grams protein, 5 grams glutamine, 5 grams creatine, and one scoop of dry gatorade powder. Tasted pretty good. I wouldn't recommend taking it on an empty stomach though.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Since BCAAs taste so bad, my advice is to buy a premade intraworkout shake.
Oh if the cash is there Purple InTrain is a great inta-workout and if you got the cash add Purple Wraath to the mix. I would say two mix of each and it'll be oh sooooo good! Oh and the taste is spectacular :35: I don't think there is any CL products that actually doesn't taste good :yup:

Edit:2 serving of intrain and 1 serving of purple wraath.

If you drink 1 gallon of water a day add 2 serving of wraath but if you drink 2 like me add 1 serving of wraath to each gallon. So it would feed your body with EAA throughout the day.

When I was making my own intra workout shake, I would mix: 40 grams protein, 5 grams glutamine, 5 grams creatine, and one scoop of dry gatorade powder. Tasted pretty good. I wouldn't recommend taking it on an empty stomach though.
Yeah when I mix a protein to the mix it taste pretty darn good but to stay on the cheaper side I took it out. But after couple of sips you'll get used to it. I only add 12 oz of water and thats why the taste is so strong if I add 16 oz it'll probably taste a lot better.