Where to start with supplements???

djrickz

Awards
I am working out hard and am not seeing the results I am hoping for. i take a protein supplement but want to bump things up and get bigger. I am not sure where to begin or what else to take in supplements. So many things on here.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Your next step would be to add Creatine. Protein and Creatine should be staple supplements to take. You should see results by adding creatine.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I am working out hard and am not seeing the results I am hoping for. i take a protein supplement but want to bump things up and get bigger. I am not sure where to begin or what else to take in supplements. So many things on here.
Before you step into the supplement world you need make sure you have done enough with trying different training routines and different diet techniques. Supplements are a small part of the equation and really should not be relied upon, but rather looked at as something which help those which have peaked continue to make progress. However, most people are too lazy to do things the old fashion way. Taking shortcuts in hopes of getting faster results generally leads to piss poor results in the long run.

So my advice...try to maximize your natural potential through diet and training first and there is no way you have peaked yet so save yourself the money.

If you want to get into supplements though...stick to basics only...protein as your using, creatine, multi-V, and EFA's.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll second what has been said. Shake up your training routine, dial in your diet till its just right for you and then start looking into more supplements. Cause just a healthy diet and changing your workout routine will still find you major gains. But if your gonna dive more into supplements stay with the staples to begin with. A good multi-vitamin is always key there's one's like NOW's Adam, Controlled Lab's Orange Triad, and MST's MVP. Stick with protein always stay there personally i like to take a scoop before and after workouts i found myself getting more gains that way than just after. BCAA's always help LG makes a great one BC+EAA its cheap and taste good. And stick with some solid creatine like PP's creapure. Those alone will keep you solid.

MrDeadlift

Awards
Good supplement foundation would be:

1. Multivtiamin (make sure the formula supports increased demand/need for athletes and bodybuilders)
2. Antioxidants
3. Fish Oil
4. digestive enzymes (this is good if you consume a lot of calroies and eat a lot of food as it would help in digestion and making sure your body gets to absorb the micronutrients)

After that you can start thinking of adding additional supplements.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
In order of best to "not the best" IMO

Fish Oil (5-10 g/day)
Multi-vitamin
BCAA
Creatine monohydrate
Nutrient Partitioner or Insulin Mimicker

HurtinPounds

Awards
Good advice in here. I second, the Whey, Creatine, Multi, Fish Oil route.

jabroni88

Awards
ZMA made a huge difference for me!

You do a lot of recovery in your sleep, so the deeper the sleep the better

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
protein creatine, beta alanine and ZMA are starters, i love ZMA for the restful sleep i get form it, as far as creatine get a good trustworthy manufacturer of Creapure, and i use Primordial for my beta alanine its just easy for me to get them in one swift pass