ALCAR Dosing?

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering what a good dosing protocol of ALCAR would be (amount, and time of day)... Mostly looking for the AR benefits ive read about. Would half a gram, twice a day be sufficient, or would more be needed?

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
for the most part I take a gram a day,however I have gone has high as 2 grams a day at times as well.

either early am and then other half early pm or just take all pre workout.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm... I guess I'll start with taking 1.5 grams a day. .5 in the morning and a gram Pre w/o. Anyone know a cheap place to get alcar? Gnc charges 35$ for 60 500mg caps, I'm not paying that.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
might wana get a capping kit if u buy bulk, the smell is terrible so i cant imagine the taste

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Its not that bad. Well its very bitter. I never cap mine, just mix it with juice.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't taste bad at all almost like a lemon salt.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
Its not that bad. Well its very bitter. I never cap mine, just mix it with juice.
Exactly... some drinks are even too sweet and I like the bitter taste it adds, it is great in diet hawian punch

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Exactly...its liveable. There are a lot worse tasting bulk powders that is for sure.

Also, to the OP...a common consensus you will find is that 3 grams a day is the standard protocol most use...1 gram 3 times daily. Just pitching in my two cents...:)

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
Doh - I'm dumb. I knew about nutras alcar, GREAT value. They were out of stock last time I ordered ):. I'll give 3 grams a try when I order that, but for now it's 1.5 a day while I'm using this overpriced gnc crap.... That I did get for free :).

I'm going to be using alcar through the duration of this cycle I started 2 days ago!

mav6

mav6

Awards
Hmmm... I guess I'll start with taking 1.5 grams a day. .5 in the morning and a gram Pre w/o. Anyone know a cheap place to get alcar? Gnc charges 35$ for 60 500mg caps, I'm not paying that.
I take Primordial Performance's ArginoCarn. It's 3g a day if taken as directed. Good stuff, I really like it. I'm not a fan of GNC's ALCAR anyways, I never felt a thing on it.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
Just something I noticed while I was at gnc today..... I was looking at the label on their regular l-carnitine, and apparently it's l-carnitine l-tartrate. Didn't know that... Lclt seems to be getting some hype lately.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Exactly...its liveable. There are a lot worse tasting bulk powders that is for sure.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT
bulk Phenibut, and PEA, are two that come to mindl. I still mix my phenibut with juice, but man.....
PEA, no way.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Shoot i dont even need anything to wash alcar down I can just throw a gram in my mouth and be done with it. I kinda like the way it tastes!! It's just like the Mexican lime salt that's sold in a the stores where I live.

Also I've been just eyeballing it but 1/2 tea spoon is about a gram or am I way off??

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Oh and the worst tasting stuff for me is the bulk super cissus rx. That is straight up nasty!!

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
How did u try it??
Don't tell me you just tossed some in your mouth!!

mav6

mav6

Awards
How did u try it??
Don't tell me you just tossed some in your mouth!!
I sure as hell did. Toss a tsp in and chase it with a swig of water. Same way I take beta alanine. Only beta doesn't taste like anything.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Damn mav that must have tasted like a$$!! I bet that taste lingered for awhile

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya alcar I just throw into any drink and its not even noticable. 1-carboxy is a different story.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and the worst tasting stuff for me is the bulk super cissus rx. That is straight up nasty!!
its not bad at all,

i dump it dry in my mouth and wash it down with water.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
lol, I couldn't Imagine dumping ALCAR straight into my mouth. I couldn't imagine swigging it with water. When I even just open the container, my wife can smell it across the kitchen. Plugs her nose.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Lw420 it does have a strong smell but it doesn't taste like it smells..
Ax1 your the man if that's how u does yours!! I guess everyones taste buds are different.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I've been using bulk ALCAR for awhile. Almost addicted to it.

It tastes like ****. try putting three to four grams of it in your mouth at once.

I love the stuff.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Herbals tend to stick on your tongue if you just try and throw it back. I think Grape Seed Extract topped anything in sheer bitterness/clinginess lol. ALCAR is fine to just throw on your tongue and wash down. If you can avoid the sides of your tongue where your sour tastebuds are, it's almost tasteless. I usually take about 1g when I need a little boost.

I'll see about getting the 500g and 1kilo sizes of ALCAR restock, not much saving when you jump to the kilo so I always pick up 500g.

mav6

mav6

Awards
Damn mav that must have tasted like a$$!! I bet that taste lingered for awhile
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. Better to stay with the pill form. Not the worst taste ever, but pretty bad.

Worst taste every goes to NOW Foods Super Sports Enzyme. I once took a capsule that was partially cracked, and when I went to swallow it, the powder came out. Absolutely the worst taste every, and I swear I could taste it for about 2 hours after.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. Better to stay with the pill form. Not the worst taste ever, but pretty bad.

Worst taste every goes to NOW Foods Super Sports Enzyme. I once took a capsule that was partially cracked, and when I went to swallow it, the powder came out. Absolutely the worst taste every, and I swear I could taste it for about 2 hours after.
Now that I think about it. When NP was carrying bulk Horny Goat Weed, That was the worst tasting **** I had ever had. I absolutely had to cap it. It wouldn't dissolve in fluid, so when you drank it, it stuck inside your mouth. Thought I was going to vomit.

I wish they would bring it back.

mav6

mav6

Awards
Hahaha, nice, I'll have to keep an eye out for horny goat weed.

jrmuscle11

jrmuscle11

Awards
mmm horny goat weed lol i seem to have 50 bottles here lmao jk ;)

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Re HGW - "I wish they would bring it back."

Me too.