Buying Bulk Chicken Breast?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know places to buy bulk chicken breast? I'm taking bare minimum of 10lbs at a time..I would rather buy 50lbs at a time....but looking for best prices..........

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone know places to buy bulk chicken breast? I'm taking bare minimum of 10lbs at a time..I would rather buy 50lbs at a time....but looking for best prices..........
I buy mine at costco, good quality...

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
drive down near kidron and drive up to the first amish farm you find and make the deal, they will provide you with fresh killed and cleaned bird in just about any quantity as long as it is financially sound deal for them. That way you ain't getting a bunch of hormones in the meat too

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
drive down near kidron and drive up to the first amish farm you find and make the deal, they will provide you with fresh killed and cleaned bird in just about any quantity as long as it is financially sound deal for them. That way you ain't getting a bunch of hormones in the meat too
Wish they had phones to have the order ready and could have the **** delivered lol! It's a several hour drive for me.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wish they had phones to have the order ready and could have the **** delivered lol! It's a several hour drive for me.
Well if you have it delivered it will take a lot longer for them on their buggy

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what's the price per pound there?
I don't remember but I am in Canada anyhow so the price would be different.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I just got 50 lbs for 64 bucks at walmart over here..not the frozen kind

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like how this is in the supplement section . . . maybe AM should create a nutrition section, oh wait, there is one

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Ill second walmart. They have some really good fresh not frozen chicken breast that are quite large, half to cut the thickness in half just to cook them. I usually get 9.5lb to 10lbs in a pack from $11-$12. They dont shrink nearly as bad as the frozen ones do. So must not be too much filler to get the size out of them.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Ill second walmart. They have some really good fresh not frozen chicken breast that are quite large, half to cut the thickness in half just to cook them. I usually get 9.5lb to 10lbs in a pack from $11-$12. They dont shrink nearly as bad as the frozen ones do. So must not be too much filler to get the size out of them.
I need to find those cause the frozen ones suck! Also get some tuna man. I can't find the party size at this walmart but at sams party size is like $7 and its 16g of protein/serving.

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Yea its in the regular meat section, should be next to the TYSON and Foster's Farms stuff but half the price! Take a look theyre packed in yellow styrofoam trays and ive got them in multiple states packed the same way. So hopefully you can find some. Oh yea i just go for the large albacore cans man. To me the difference from albacore to regular tuna is like filet minon vs a cube steak haha.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea its in the regular meat section, should be next to the TYSON and Foster's Farms stuff but half the price! Take a look theyre packed in yellow styrofoam trays and ive got them in multiple states packed the same way. So hopefully you can find some. Oh yea i just go for the large albacore cans man. To me the difference from albacore to regular tuna is like filet minon vs a cube steak haha.
I have priced the large cans vs. the 8pak small cans at Costco and the large cans are more expensive per ounce! Not sure why . . . maybe trying to get people to stop eating so much tuna.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
This has probably already been said... but Sam's Club is an awesome resource for bulk foods. It isn't always the price that is important, but the quality and freshness as well, and Sam's has it all. Of course you have to hand trim the breasts, but they are fresh and never frozen, and are all clearly marked for expiry date.

One time... I walked into Sam's Club, and HQ sent them an incorrect semi (too much) of chicken, and they were selling 50 pound CASES for 99 CENTS PER POUND... I'm talking all white meat chicken breasts! I bought over 100 pounds ;)

PS: Their normal every day price on their 50 pound cardboard cases of chicken is $1.57-$1.63 per pound 99% of the time during the past five years I've been a member (at least here out East)

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Well, if you don't mind a tad bit extra work, I always take advantage of split chicken breast sales, usually around .99/lb. I take the skin off and boil/steam/poach(to retain the most protein) a bunch usually in mexican spices cuz I got sick of plain chicken all the time. Then I shred the chicken, vaccum seal and refrigerate and freeze some. Lots of recipe varietty possible this way too.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
If you have the ability to make friends with a farmer you'll be able to make a deal on a monthly basis. You could also make one on eggs while your at it and anything else they have haha.

reecew

Awards
  • Established
You guys are giving me idea's. I have a fairly good sized amish community located about 45 minutes away. They have a large farmers market there, i will have to check out for chicken breast and eggs. Maybe ill run into a wild bunch on rumspringa haha.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
This has probably already been said... but Sam's Club is an awesome resource for bulk foods. It isn't always the price that is important, but the quality and freshness as well, and Sam's has it all. Of course you have to hand trim the breasts, but they are fresh and never frozen, and are all clearly marked for expiry date.

One time... I walked into Sam's Club, and HQ sent them an incorrect semi (too much) of chicken, and they were selling 50 pound CASES for 99 CENTS PER POUND... I'm talking all white meat chicken breasts! I bought over 100 pounds ;)

PS: Their normal every day price on their 50 pound cardboard cases of chicken is $1.57-$1.63 per pound 99% of the time during the past five years I've been a member (at least here out East)
yea a fresh market out here 2 years ago had chicken breast fresh for 99 cents a pound...I bought 100lbs and froze it. Have not seen the sale since....

mymilkexpired

Awards
Where the hell are you guys keeping 100lbs of chicken? My wife would stab my eyes out if I filled the freezer with that much chicken and tossed her popsicles!

+1 on the Sams / Costco deals though. I get canned salmon and packaged breasts and tenders from Costco. I like the idea of poaching a ton in some spices and shredding it up. I have a vacuum sealer so Im going to have to give that idea a run.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I would love to get my hands on 100 lbs of Amish chicken.... any place that has free range chickens around here is sold out well in advance.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Where the hell are you guys keeping 100lbs of chicken? My wife would stab my eyes out if I filled the freezer with that much chicken and tossed her popsicles!

Word! I wish I had room to put a deep freezer at my house. The only place would be the back patio, and that might look kind of trailer park. Besides I don't know if having one outside in the heat would cause any problems as far as efficiency goes.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

+1 on the Sams / Costco deals though. I get canned salmon and packaged breasts and tenders from Costco. I like the idea of poaching a ton in some spices and shredding it up. I have a vacuum sealer so Im going to have to give that idea a run.
Haha, I have a secondary freezer reserved solely for all the cuts of lean meat I buy and store. I'll thaw 10 pounds of meat at a time for 1/2 of the week, becomes habit after a while :)

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
yea I have a huge deep freezer in the kitchen....can fit tons of ****

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
yea I have a huge deep freezer in the kitchen....can fit tons of ****
I know a few people who go to actual meat markets and buy half a cow with a friend, get all sorts of cuts of steak and ground meat that will last them nearly a year. I just don't feel 100% comfortable buying massive boxes of bloody meat from someone named Bubba, haha! I would however love to nail a massive buck during hunting season, and have jerky and venison to spare for a while.

....or...... a buffalo, TA TONKA! (Dances with Wolves)

mymilkexpired

Awards
Buffalo is mighty tasty. Had a nice buffalo burger just the other day.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I actually had kangaroo when I was in Germany some years ago. amazing

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually had kangaroo when I was in Germany some years ago. amazing
Wild kangaroos are rare in Germany, they are on the endangered list so don't eat them!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
It wasn't caught in Germany, consumed there. My landlord was a millionaire. House was absolute baller they even had their own ballroom complete with 30 table arrangement and full bar.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It wasn't caught in Germany, consumed there. My landlord was a millionaire. House was absolute baller they even had their own ballroom complete with 30 table arrangement and full bar.
Just joking, I know kangaroos only live in Ecuador . . . nevertheless, German kangaroos are rare so dont eat them!,

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
You should of seen if your landlord has a daughter and knocked the b!tch up. You would be set for life!

Ace28

Ace28

Awards
If you don't mind buying the frozen ones, ALDI always has chicken breast for dirt cheap. Anywhere for 4.99-5.99 for 3lbs always.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 13
1988holloway Supplements 15
Supplements 13
ikeNball Supplements 15
Grayson Supplements 2